THE OFFICIAL 2014-2015 CHICAGO BULLS THREAD

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rose might be done for the year and now Patric Kane out 12 weeks for the Blackhawks, it's rough being a Chicago sports fan at the moment
  • RiGGA
    RiGGA Members Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you keep up wit hockey??? I mean I ? the Blackhawks gear cuz I ride for my city n the logo is fresh, but I can't even name 2 ? from the squad....

The Bears tho, smh....It's hard out here in the 773
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    I keep up with all the Chicago teams, even the Cubs and I hate them
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11016047_1613315735579485_7942065335723912653_n.jpg?oh=3eb7433b41941fb659d40c411225840c&oe=554B16F7&__gda__=1430965149_e88b64880e43680f6584bb3705eff123

i'm sure that he's the guy from Spongebob who is always screaming "MY LEG."

propjoe.gif
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whether nate fully healthy or not he could lift this team spirit

im gonna be sick if they sign mike james over him
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Offense went to ? as soon as Hinrich stepped on the court, dude is a ? ?
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    Options
    #thereturn
    Nate-Robinson-Under-Sebastian-Telfair-Lay-Up.gif

Nate got signed?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »
    RiGGA wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »
    SMH was this dude raised on nothing but skittles and kool-aid??

Seriously there is a lesson to be learned here.. parents i don't care if you're dirt poor sacrifice whatever to make sure ya kids eat dem vegetables + that wheaties and milk.

Disgusted by the wasted potential probably squandered for D.Rose by the time he was 6 years old. Coulda been a GOAT but grew up to become Mr. Glass

thats actually an issue on the south side that michelle obama has been trying to raise awareness about

economic segregation or institutionalized racism

take your pick

but people on the south side be getting their groceries from gas stations and corner stores

Or how bout them drive thru corner stores that you can get Italian beefs made to order off LINK?

Doritos w/ cheese & meat

& a Arizona

? be GOAT... at least for me, cuz my metabolism fast as ?

I can't comment on Rose yet yall... im still taking it all in

This is the problem right here: this mentality that fast metabolism has anything at all to do with producing a structurally sound body. Just because someone does not wear a layer of fat for eating ? doesn't mean he or she is healthy. I think this is Rose's problem. I remember he was at Memphis a couple years before me and dude was mashing out SACKS of gummy bears BEFORE and DURING games. I'm not talking a few Skittles here and there like Marshawn to replenish glycogen levels. I'm talking SACKS.

I remember seeing Rose on the sidelines of Bulls games with ziplock bags of candy thinking, "? ! Eat a ? carrot stick and some real food!"

This is sad that one of the premiere talents of this generation is being snuffed out by ? junk food. Smh@thinking a six-pack makes you healthy. It means you have low body fat. Your bones, heart, ligaments, joints, and organs require more than processed sugar to live healthily. That goes quadruple if you're running in excess of 10 miles a day 82 games a year not even counting practice.

To think ESPN ran that piece with him trying to romanticize the fact that he goes to 5-star restaurants and thought grilled cheese was the meal to eat is horrible. There should really be a push to require athletes to take up nutrition. Seriously, there is no way I spend millions on a guy who thinks grilled cheese and gummy bears is fine dining.

And yes I'm mad. I hate this for him and my team, but the black community and ? poor eating even at the point of "making it" is ridiculous. We can recognize it's to upgrade cars when we make more money but still talking about eating hog maws and chittlins, cornbread, catfish, and macaroni out a box like that's what it is. FAAAAAAAAAWK we mean?
    ESPNChicago.com | October 26, 2010
    DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Derrick Rose's new personal chef probably has some idea of what it's like to guard the Chicago Bulls star on the court.

While NBA defenders try to keep Rose from the basket, the chef will try to limit the point guard's access to his self-proclaimed addiction: Junk food.

"It's just my poison," Rose said after Wednesday's practice. "Everybody's got their poison, and mine is sugar."

The easygoing 22-year-old All-Star admitted he is ready to give up a lot of fast food, but he couldn't swear off all junk food just yet.

"McDonald's is over with," he said. "But chips and candy and stuff, it's going to be hard to get away from that."

Rose has been a candy lover for as long as he can remember. When his sweet tooth became public, Skittles installed a personalized vending machine in his house over the summer. While Rose was appreciative of the gesture, he had to smile and shake his head when he started discussing it.

"That wasn't good," he said. "I don't know why they gave me that, man."

With Halloween quickly approaching, Rose recounted his childhood and the way he used to devour candy as a child.

"On Halloween, don't you know back when you were little, your mom tells you don't eat any candy until she checks it? I used to be so tempted to eat my candy on the way to other people's houses," he said. "That used to be such a tease. [I thought] I could just eat this candy, she wouldn't know. I used to be scared that I was going to get hurt or something, so I'm like, 'I'm going to wait.'"

That didn't always stop him, though.

"[My mom] used to have to hide my candy when I was younger so I wouldn't go in there and eat all of it," he said. "It was bad, man."

ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog
    Bulls blog The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

To this day, Rose's inability to stay completely away from candy is apparent.

"I'll be having binges where I'll just eat tons and tons of candy," he said. "I could go without eating candy for like two weeks, but right when I [have] the first taste of candy in a day, I'll go through like two pounds of candy. For real, like two pounds."

A sugar high isn't a problem for a grizzled candy veteran like Rose.

"I'm so used to it," he said. "I could eat a whole bunch of candy and then go to sleep. Most people would be up, [saying] 'I can't go sleep.' I'd go right to sleep, man. That's how bad it is. I wish I could [stop]."

While Skittles and Gummy Bears are some of his favorites, Rose is an equal opportunity candy-a-holic. Everything but chocolate, that is.

"Anything sweet," he said. "Any type of sweet candy, I'm going to eat it. I don't know why."

Rose isn't going to be trick-or-treating anymore, but his love for the sweet stuff is so strong that he doesn't think he'll be able to hand out the candy, either.

"My mom or my girlfriend will probably have to hand it out for me," he said. "Because if it was up to me, I would keep all of it."

Rose is looking forward to his chef preparing meals for him at home. But he knows that the power of some Pixy Stix will always be lurking around the corner.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, man," he said. "I'm going to need therapy or something."

Nick Friedell covers the Bulls for ESPNChicago.com.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    9TRAY wrote: »
    #thereturn
    Nate-Robinson-Under-Sebastian-Telfair-Lay-Up.gif

Nate got signed?

No but you know somebody's reached out.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Seriously there is a lesson to be learned here.. parents i don't care if you're dirt poor sacrifice whatever to make sure ya kids eat dem vegetables + that wheaties and milk.

Disgusted by the wasted potential probably squandered for D.Rose by the time he was 6 years old. Coulda been a GOAT but grew up to become Mr. Glass

thats actually an issue on the south side that michelle obama has been trying to raise awareness about

take your pick

but people on the south side be getting their groceries from gas stations and corner stores

Food desert, but they have been putting more grocery stores up, 35th and King got Osco, and Walmart put one on 47th & Cottage Grove where the liquor store used to be, and it's plenty of Aldi's and Sav A Lots around
  • ckfree
    Options

take your pick

Food desert, but they have been putting more grocery stores up, 35th and King got Osco, and Walmart put one on 47th & Cottage Grove where the liquor store used to be, and it's plenty of Aldi's and Sav A Lots around

they also bringing a whole food to 63rd and halsted next year across from kennedy king

thats the last chain i would expect to see in englewood but its cool itll create jobs for the neighborhood and pay a decent wage and maybe even offer an employee discount for all that overpriced ? they sell lol

now if they could only do something about a level 1 trauma center for adults
  • ckfree
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vayTF-j0D2s

this powerade commercial got me hyped ive seen it over 15 times

if derrick comes back from this i hope he go all out and not be cautious anymore he has got nothing else more to lose (well he does but i sure hope he views it that way)
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are saying Rose timetable 3-6 weeks
  • Chi-Town Bully
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What station do the Bulls come on tonight, I checked CSN, WGN and all the usual channels

Never mind, they come on channel 8
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Feb. 27, 2015 - The Chicago Bulls announced today that guard Derrick Rose underwent a successful meniscectomy earlier this morning to repair a medial meniscus tear in his right knee. The procedure was performed by Bulls head team physician Dr. Brian Cole at Rush Surgicenter.

“This morning’s procedure went great,” said Chicago Bulls General Manager Gar Forman. “Derrick is expected to make a full recovery and he is anticipated to return to play in four to six weeks."
    http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/rose-undergoes-successful-meniscectomy
  • ckfree
    Options
    they done took me back to being a shorty i havent turned to that channel since it was called upn

i hope they take that my 50 logo off when the game starts its damn nearly in the middle of the screen

The White Sox will be found on a new channel this year.

The team announced Thursday that 20 of its games will air on WPWR-50. Previously, those games, which are produced by WGN-Ch. 9, had been on WCIU-26. However, that station recently launched a new evening news program.

The Cubs broadcast schedule on WGN-9, which has not yet been released, also will move some games to WPWR-50.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-white-sox-channel-50-20150219-story.html

and apparently bulls games now it seems
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I just wish these local networks would replay games like CSN does.
  • 9TRAY
    Options
    What station do the Bulls come on tonight, I checked CSN, WGN and all the usual channels

Never mind, they come on channel 8

Channel 50
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I ? hate Neil Funk. He talks like someone trying to hold a deep conversation while driving in heavy traffic.

"And now... Uh... It looks like... Butler... I mean Noah is going to... Grab the... Uh... Rebound..."
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

take your pick

they also bringing a whole food to 63rd and halsted next year across from kennedy king

thats the last chain i would expect to see in englewood but its cool itll create jobs for the neighborhood and pay a decent wage and maybe even offer an employee discount for all that overpriced ? they sell lol

Wow I cant wait to see the folks in whole foods.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

take your pick

Wow I cant wait to see the folks in whole foods.
    They putting a Mariano's in South Chicago
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options
    No Rose, No Gibson for a while and now Jimmy might miss a few games. Things go from bad to worse with this team
  • ckfree
    Options
    thibs gets way too much credit as an elite coach he is just as flawed as he is talented its just ridiculous the minutes kirk gets there are so many other combinations he can throw out there not including him even with jimmy out -- when he reviews the game film 100 times over i want to know from his own words what he sees in kirk while watching the film that makes him keep playing his ass

cant be for his defense
    cant be his playmaking
    cant be his floor spacing

too bad the media wont ask him about it smh 25 minutes and not a single point or assist this ? is just indefensible -- other coaches would get destroyed for playing the wrong qb and continuing to play a struggling player at 3rd base i cant believe no one in the media has given thibs a hard time about hinrich this ? isnt funny anymore

e03l85.jpg
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Options

? just can't go right with this team. @ckfree you get more Kirk Hinrich playing major minutes