Police gun down 17 year old unarmed black teen. (Update) Darren Wilson Not Indicted

Options

Comments

• Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    This is pure genius........

Potent Hashtag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown Points To Media Manipulating Black Images
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/13/potent-hashtag-iftheygunnedmedown-points-to-media-manipulating-black-image-images-images/

A potent Twitter hashtag goes directly to the heart of the way media shows “black victims of crime” by the images chosen. And this has produced a flood of tweets.

This all started after Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager, was shot over and over by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb. Some of the media picked a photo of Brown using a hand sign that might have looked like a “gang sign.” Other chose an image depicting a “high school graduate in cap and gown.”

A4.jpg
    A9.jpg

A.jpg

Yo i saw alot of pics like that heavy on fb.Hope it continues
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mods get on your job this is a historical event, that will be in history books, and this thread ain't sticky worthy.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

Salute to our elders, they are truly freedom fighters, they are from that you better get off yo ass and fight era.

They like Lawd willing, I still got some fight in me.

You see how blessed we are we always turn a tragic to a triumph.

You can't tell me we ain't the chosen one's

These young black hard headed kids out here in today's world better know their worth.

#Black Excellence
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    This is pure genius........

Potent Hashtag #IfTheyGunnedMeDown Points To Media Manipulating Black Images
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08/13/potent-hashtag-iftheygunnedmedown-points-to-media-manipulating-black-image-images-images/

A potent Twitter hashtag goes directly to the heart of the way media shows “black victims of crime” by the images chosen. And this has produced a flood of tweets.

This all started after Michael Brown, an unarmed teenager, was shot over and over by a police officer in a St. Louis suburb. Some of the media picked a photo of Brown using a hand sign that might have looked like a “gang sign.” Other chose an image depicting a “high school graduate in cap and gown.”

A4.jpg
    A9.jpg

A.jpg
    I wouldnt say it genius but I dig the sentiment.. people just shouldnt go overboard from reality-caricature or vice versa
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The White Republican Mayor of the 2/3 black town of Ferguson is going to be on MSNBC in a min...
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Brian B. wrote: »
    off topic, but...

? you ? ass crackas who get online pretendin to be black, knowin good & damn well when you log off you can walk down the street w/o a care in the world of bein stopped & harrassed by the police

like Paul Mooney said "everybody wanna be a ? , but don't nobody wanna be a ? "

when I was in the 8th grade me & my homie was walkin back to his crib from the Y, a cop pulls up beside us, gets out w/ his hand on his gun yellin "GET YOUR HANDS UP!!!"

we had on hoodies (cuz it was cold) & backpacks (cuz we got dropped off at the Y after school), but the ? cop thought we was up to know good, then tried to play it off like "well, let me give you a ride home" FOH

a few years ago after the club we're in the parkin lot talkin, then as we're walkin back to our cars, two cop cars pull up

I didn't say a word, walked straight to the cop car & put my hands on the hood.. as I'm gettin the pat down I ask "is it against the law to talk?", was told "You'll see" then immediately handcuffed & arrested for disorderly conduct

when I went to court the DA takes me in the hall to read police report & from the start the officer lied sayin I was causin a disturbance for 10mins.. so I stopped the DA & asked him does that make sense "would the cops jus stand there for 10mins watchin me cause a disturbance & not say a word? Use your logic".. he told me "I can't use my logic" WTF?!?

tried to get me to take a plea, do some public work days & pay a fine

told that cracka "No, I'm ready for trial"
    he says "do you have, representation"
    I said "Yes, myself"

they reschedule my date, but eventually dropped the charge (no public work days or fine)

if the police would lie on me to make an arrest, you better belive they'll lie to justify a murder

Tell em bruh, the laws in Chattanooga is racist af. I had one pull me over one night because my tail lights was red. He tried to make it seem that I was in a gang because of red ? tail lights. I told that dumb officer. (A) I never been in a gang, (B) my record is flawless & cleaner than you, your wife, kids & anybody you know put together. I left with no tickets

hell yea, that same night when I was in the intake facility the cracka cop was on the computer lookin up my rap sheet (or lack thereof) & gone specifically ask me "you ever been arrested for narcotics?"

& I said "what do mean by that? You're lookin at my rap sheet & don't see nothin like that, so you assume cuz I'm young & black that I sell dope or sumthin?"

he ain't have ? to say after that
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Police state in full effect right now.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • stringer bell
    Options
    A beaufiful intelligent black woman Mo Ivory is CNN talking that real ? ...
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A beaufiful intelligent black woman Mo Ivory is CNN talking that real ? ...

Damn she fine
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama going to make an address at 12:15pm this afternoon.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Evilchuck wrote: »
    Im heading to sleep.. ill update yall later today

lol thank you cause we won't be updated unless you're awake. You say that like you I'm Ferguson. Just saying its all good though
  • CHICAGO_BREED
    CHICAGO_BREED Members Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    this is sad af, disgusting..

how can the police and dispatchers treat ppl like this...

Obama needs to speak out..

? Obama right about now. ? all the presidents cause all they've ever done was render aid to these foreign nations while domestically they country gettin torn apart. The 60's 70's and 80's were the golden and proud years to be black. Where the NAACP at, where the black politicians at, where the black militia at? ? is real because 8 years ago when I was running the streets of chicago terrorizing ? me and the guys would've BEEN in MO riding with them. We used to couldn't wait for ? like this to pop off. We use to whoop the devils for fun. But I believe ? put you where you need to be.

? those guard dogs I'd have every pitbull in the city out there.

You say you're 20mins outside of Houston where you at in conroe,humble,katy???

Na I'm in port arthur, tx. I can send you my number in the PM's. I need this man, I need to be involved
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014
    Options
    TheAnonMessage @TheAnonMessage · 27m
    PHOTO: WILLMAN, BRYAN P. #Ferguson #Shooting #MikeBrown #Anonymous pic.twitter.com/q3mspGpiTK

BvAfE9-IMAEHbZm.jpg:large
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Evilchuck wrote: »
    Cop's Facebook (the one who killed mike brown)

Has Dorian Johnson (Michael Brown's friend and eyewitness) confirmed that this is the officer?

• BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry if already posted. I'm reading and posting at the same time.

Bu_hma8CAAIbq95.jpg
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    this is sad af, disgusting..

how can the police and dispatchers treat ppl like this...

Obama needs to speak out..

? Obama right about now. ? all the presidents cause all they've ever done was render aid to these foreign nations while domestically they country gettin torn apart. The 60's 70's and 80's were the golden and proud years to be black. Where the NAACP at, where the black politicians at, where the black militia at? ? is real because 8 years ago when I was running the streets of chicago terrorizing ? me and the guys would've BEEN in MO riding with them. We used to couldn't wait for ? like this to pop off. We use to whoop the devils for fun. But I believe ? put you where you need to be.

? those guard dogs I'd have every pitbull in the city out there.

You say you're 20mins outside of Houston where you at in conroe,humble,katy???

Na I'm in port arthur, tx. I can send you my number in the PM's. I need this man, I need to be involved

bruh I'm in pa right now working lol...you about an hour in a half from Houston.

what you doing in port Arthur? @CHICAGO_BREED‌
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Obama going to make an address at 12:15pm this afternoon.

I bet when President Obama went on Vacation at Martha's Vineyard ,he did not expect all of this to happen.
  • stringer bell
    Options

It looks like the Gov. of Missouri has come out of his coma...