iPhone 6 & Apple iWatch reveal

Options

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UK O2 tarrifs...

iPhone-6-Pricing-Table.jpg

You should be able to find deals on yo provider website...O2 stay ? ? over here...can't even get unlimited data...smh
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    UK O2 tarrifs...

iPhone-6-Pricing-Table.jpg

You should be able to find deals on yo provider website...O2 stay ? ? over here...can't even get unlimited data...smh

No unlimited data in this day and age is a joke. I'm with o2 as well and I never bother buying new phones with them. I just keep my contract rolling and just buy the phone sim-free from somewhere else.
  • DNB1
    Options
    Shouldn't we be getting Beats earbuds as standard with this phone?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol I doubt that would happen. That brand makes too much money to just be giving away products, especially given the fact that all the iHeads will buy these phones up regardless of what is shipped with them.

It's more surprising that the phones don't have the internal Beats Audio, like HTC phones had. I have it in my HTC DNA and it does make a pretty substantial difference in how the audio sounds.

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2014
    Options

Apple only purchased Beats to get a hold of that music service. Apple products represent better overall sound quality than Beats represent. The sound processor in iPhones is top notch and Beats...not so much.

Plus it's a terrible business move considering you could get $100 per pair sold separately. Why include?
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ordered the 64gb black plus....not supposed to get it to november..
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Doesn't the ? drop on the 19th, why is yours not getting here for another two months?
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple iPhone 6 Pre-Orders Exceed 4M In First 24 Hours

The first day order number for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is twice as big as the 24-hour sales figure Apple announced last year after it introduced the iPhone 5C and 5S. And that may understate the strength of the initial demand: the data don’t provide, forgive me, an apples-to-apples comparison. Last year Apple unveiled its new products about two weeks before taking pre-orders. The 2013 figure also encompassed all iPhone sales, not just the new models.

The company curiously didn’t offer a full weekend iPhone sales number to compare with last year’s 9M. Nor did it use the sales figures to raise its Q4 revenue projection, as it did last year. Apple shares are up less than 0.1% in afternoon trading today, and are +3.4% since just before last week’s unveiling. Last year the post-weekend sales announcement sent the stock up 5%.

Still, CEO Tim Cook crows today that he’s ‘thrilled customers love [the new iPhones] as much as we do.” He adds “we can’t wait to get our best iPhones yet into the hands of customers starting this Friday.” Apple notes that demand exceeds pre-order supply which means that “many iPhone pre-orders are scheduled to be delivered in October.”

Last week Cowen and Co’s Timothy Arcuri said that Apple’s decision to maintain high pricing for its new iPhones — at as little as $649 for the 4.7-inch screen model and $749 for the 5.5-inch one without a phone provider’s subsidy — means they “could be a vehicle for Apple to maximize profitability during what is almost certain to be a substantial, multi-quarter upgrade cycle.”
  • DNB1
    Options
    Sooooo....Apple stay winning?

lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    In case anyone cares, the first reviews are dropping.

iPhone 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ErA1w8Iy0

iPhone 6+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuC6b43_kLQ
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copped the G3 today...cant believe i've gone with a big ass phone.

Just wanted to try something different
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got me the iphone 6 space grey 128GB bout to fill that ? with my itunes

I'm paying 105$ a month with my plan.

Yall signing 2yr contracts need to step your game uop.

I got unlimited talk and text and 2GB of Data for 60$ a month and the phone is 45$ a month
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MENACE... wrote: »

I got unlimited talk and text and 2GB of Data for 60$ a month and the phone is 45$ a month

I still got unlimited data with AT&T. I ain't lettin go for sheeeeeit.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

That's not particularly impressive. I got a family plan with my wife. We pay $180 for 6 GB of data.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

That's a dope phone though. The crazy thing is its got a big screen but the actual phone itself isn't as big as the other phablets.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anyone have a htc one m8? whats the verdict on that phone?
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited September 2014
    Options

It's considered by many to be one of if not the best smartphone out right now.

One of the many rankings out there. I think its pretty fair although everything can be argued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkaU6HqgRc

This is a pretty good list too. He puts the iPhone 5s before the One, but that's mostly because it has a better camera. The camera seems to be very important to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTV1KYSVLBI
  • DNB1
    Options
    Forgot to update to iOS 8 :(
  • DNB1
    Options
    Consumer Editor Dan Jones got the new iPhone 6, 6 Plus and a brand new 5s and set them all up identically — with his 900-PLUS apps.

Here, he reveals how each model got on:

“Fully charged, I used each of the three phones rigorously in identical ways, streaming iPlayer, using maps, checking the Sun app and making calls.

Don’t take this as everyday use — I pushed them to the limit to drain the batteries as quickly as possible.

I started with Tuesday night’s EastEnders playing on three devices at the same time yesterday morning.

After this, there was a small difference. The 5s was down to 89 per cent battery, with the 6 on 91 and the 6 Plus on 93.

I then used a SatNav app on my taxi ride to work while downloading the new U2 album and my iPhone 6 review on The Sun.

After this there was a real difference — the 5s was trailing on 65 per cent, the 6 was on 75 per cent and the 6 Plus was on 78 per cent.

Next I thought I should make a call, so I rang three colleagues from the three different phones — leaving the line open for just over half an hour.

At the same time I downloaded the HD version of my favourite film, Back to the Future.

By this stage, the Plus was in the lead — with 53 per cent battery. Next was the normal 6, with 40 per cent — but the 5s was trailing with 26 per cent.

This meant that by midday, the biggest of the new phones had TWICE as much battery left.

While I was only testing battery life, I did notice the phones had other differences — mainly to do with the speed they work at.

It was plain to see the 5s was much slower at loading apps and downloading the film.

By this point, I thought I should watch my video review of the iPhones AGAIN.

This caused the 5s to flash up the deadly 20 per cent battery alert that tells iPhone users the end is nigh. The 6 was on 34 per cent and the 6 Plus on 47 per cent.

After four hours of intensive use, I decided to leave the phones for a bit, but they would, of course, still be using power.

Emails automatically download. And, as many people don’t always realise, apps use data AND location services in the background.

By 12.51pm, things were looking bleak for the 5s — down to two per cent. The 6 was in the red but still on 16 per cent and the 6 Plus on 32 per cent.

It was all over by 1pm. After that, I used the 6 and 6 Plus normally.

The 6 soldiered on to just after 2.30pm, at which point the 6 Plus was still on 22 per cent.

So, why is the battery better?

The “brain” of the new phone — the so-called A8 — uses 50 per cent less power, despite being 25 per cent more powerful.

But in real use, you don’t get twice as much battery as the extra power is offset by the bigger and more detailed screens.

In addition, the 6 has a slightly bigger battery than the 5s and the 6 Plus a much bigger one.

Half an hour streaming iPlayer

- Using maps for 25 minutes in car ride

- 30 minute phone call

- Downloading a HD movie — Back to the Future

- Uploading pics

- Watching my iPhone 6 review on Sun app — TWICE

- Half an hour playing on Facebook and Twitter

- Regularly checking emails and browsing pictures

Plus, at the same time, phones are downloading emails and apps using location services and data in the background

Power left when the 5s died:

iPhone 6: 16 per cent

iPhone 6 Plus: 32 per cent

When they died (taken off charge at 7am, and heavy use from 8.30am):

iPhone 5s: 12.59pm

iPhone 6: 2.31pm

iPhone 6 Plus: 5.01pm

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I respect it. They dont do unlimited data anymore so keep that
  • CJ
    Options

Lol ? I'm holding on to that for dear life
  • CJ
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

That's a dope phone though. The crazy thing is its got a big screen but the actual phone itself isn't as big as the other phablets.

Yeah it's actually about the size of the S5 with a half inch bigger screen.

I figured its the most future proof android phone because of the 2k screen & 3 gigs of ram.

Can't do Galaxy note tho that ? even bigger
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, you're probably right. I personally wouldn't buy a Samsung phone for myself. They bog them down with too much ? . The G3 does look like a keeper though.
  • KnowReasonForPeace
    KnowReasonForPeace Members Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's considered by many to be one of if not the best smartphone out right now.

One of the many rankings out there. I think its pretty fair although everything can be argued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kkaU6HqgRc

This is a pretty good list too. He puts the iPhone 5s before the One, but that's mostly because it has a better camera. The camera seems to be very important to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTV1KYSVLBI

thanks for the insight.i get 2 two free phones since att took over alltel and the htc one m8 was one of the free phones i could choose from.i picked that and the moto x for my second line.im not really a smartphone savy dude.all i care about is video recording and good wifi.
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Surprised ain't nobody in here saying what they like dislike