ESPN Unveils '30 for 30' Sequel, 'The U Part 2,' Among Seven New Films

Options

Comments

• Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    Randy Moss was THAT ? . I vividly remember all that ? . First 1-AA player I can remember to captivate the nation.

Huh, Marshall was Division 1 when Moss was there.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Randy Moss was THAT ? . I vividly remember all that ? . First 1-AA player I can remember to captivate the nation.

Huh, Marshall was Division 1 when Moss was there.

1-AA is D-1.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. 1-AA is now the FCS
    Div. 1 is the FBS/BCS Championship season.

Even those clips they were showing, the only D-1 school was WVU they played due to the in state rivalry.
    He was able to play right away, due to transerring from D-1 down to 1-AA.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall all wrong lol They were about to make the move, so

Moss' Yr 1 was 1AA, year 2 was 1A
  • S2J
    Options
    Hence Marshall played Ole Miss in the Motor City bowl his 2nd yr
  • So ILL
    Options
    No. 1-AA is now the FCS

Even those clips they were showing, the only D-1 school was WVU they played due to the in state rivalry.

Fam, FCS actually is D-1. Its just split into two subdivisions. FCS is just the smaller (money) schools subdivision. The schools that have and make more money are FBS. They're all D-1, FBS schools just have more resources than FCS.
  • bignorm
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    No. 1-AA is now the FCS

Fam, FCS actually is D-1. Its just split into two subdivisions. FCS is just the smaller (money) schools subdivision. The schools that have and make more money are FBS. They're all D-1, FBS schools just have more resources than FCS.

You are not correct.

FCS is Football Championship Series...... they choose their champion and have had a playoff system, no bowl games.
    They have a lower number of scholarships.

Football Bowl Series: Chooses their champion through a series of bowl games. This year for the first time, a 4 game playoff, in bowls. The max number of scholarships. I think 85. Florida State and New Mexico State are both FBS(Division 1) because they both have the same number of scholarships to offer.
  • So ILL
    Options
    No. 1-AA is now the FCS

You are not correct.

FCS is Football Championship Series...... they choose their champion and have had a playoff system, no bowl games.
    They have a lower number of scholarships.

Football Bowl Series: Chooses their champion through a series of bowl games. This year for the first time, a 4 game playoff, in bowls. The max number of scholarships. I think 85. Florida State and New Mexico State are both FBS(Division 1) because they both have the same number of scholarships to offer.

Ok, you just listed the differences between the two. FBS and FCS are still both Division 1 like I said in previous posts.

You mentioned FCS having a playoff system, look at this logo for the playoffs from last year.

fcs_football_tournament_2013_logo.jpg

See anything on that logo?
  • bignorm
    Options
    FCS and FCS are both Division 1 the same way the NBA and NBA-D- League are both professional basketball.
    Same thing, but very different. You talking to a ? who played "Division 1 football" and was recruited by both 1A and 1-AA teams. There is a big difference that everyone recognized. That's why you can go from FBS to FCS and not have to wait a year, but, to go from FBS to FBS, you have to skip a year, because its different. (as highlighted in the Randy Moss piece).

IF was wasn't different, why did everyone lose their ? when App. State beat Michigan?
  • So ILL
    Options
    Because Michigan is considered royalty in college football, their money is ? on everybody, especially little-ass Appalachian State in the middle of nowhere and they were supposed to compete for the national championship that year. Plus, casual college football fans didn't know who or where App State was lol.

But I'd be lying if I said that wasn't a huge upset.

Where did you play at @bignorm‌ ?
  • bignorm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Because Michigan is considered royalty in college football, their money is ? on everybody, especially little-ass Appalachian State in the middle of nowhere and they were supposed to compete for the national championship that year. Plus, casual college football fans didn't know who or where App State was lol.

University of Texas El Paso. That's a D-1 School by the way.
    I only played 1 Div 1-AA school my whole career.

It was because Appalachain State was the first 1-AA school to defeat a top 10 team.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Appalachian_State_vs._Michigan_football_game

http://www.si.com/longform/appstate/
  • playboy buddy rose
    playboy buddy rose Members Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohio state got physical wit dem boyz... miami wasn't use to that ... it was a great game , there were questionable calls on both teams but truth be told o state ended a great dynasty
  • Rampage12
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Yall all wrong lol They were about to make the move, so

Moss' Yr 1 was 1AA, year 2 was 1A

Thank you, that's what I meant.
  • Rampage12
    Options

Crazy that game basically got Lloyd Carr pushed out the door but they still went 9-4 that year and beat Florida and Tebow in their bowl game.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • infamous114
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The rise of my Canes in the 80s and fall in the mid 90s was part 1. The rise and fall Part 2 on Friday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fCjjMcyZWVY
  • S2J
    Options
    Watchin the orignal now...i love not watchin ? for a while, this ? feel like its new.

The original desrves a lot credit. I remember distinctly it was the first 30 for 30, this ? roped a lot of people in

Same guy that did ? Cowboys, same company that did 'Bales', the doc Spitta and Roddy sampled
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait till Saturday
  • infamous114
    edited December 2014
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEztwMHsWEw

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/30for30/? /assets/images/screenShot/the_u_part_2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://scontent-b-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10857760_10152709695488153_8197496971769219989_n.png?oh=081471fd6c3502d0d07cc873e9c10b7c&oe=5545562C[/img]
  • Rampage12
    edited December 2014
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEztwMHsWEw

[img]http://a.espncdn.com/30for30/? /assets/images/screenShot/the_u_part_2.jpg[/img]

[img]https://scontent-b-mia.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10857760_10152709695488153_8197496971769219989_n.png?oh=081471fd6c3502d0d07cc873e9c10b7c&oe=5545562C[/img]

Haha, I remember Trick Daddy used to just scoop up Edgerrin James and head straight to the ? bars after games.
  • S2J
    Options
    It is crazy how history did repeat itself.

Dynasty w/ wins by coaches that kinda just vanished from college, followd by scandal soon after
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma download the u part 2 n watch that sunday morning, cant wait!
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

He died drag racing in 2003, age of 26 smh. One of the Blades uncles died in a gun accident by Brian Blades. That was a crazy family.