ESPN Unveils '30 for 30' Sequel, 'The U Part 2,' Among Seven New Films

Options

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Al Folden the used car salesman. Talks a good game but can't coach to save his life
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's me explain why I hate the NCAA and this ? the media wants to go at Miami.......

Nebraska and Lawerence Phillips.

Penn St. and Sandusky

Notre Dame players allegedly ? a lady from a all woman college that is next door to the school and the lady killing herself because the school possibly "covered" it up.

those are just tip of the iceberg............

Now compare that what Miami players have done (and Shapiro , etc). Nobody has really gotten hurt. But can't say the same for the above.

If they just get away from the NCAA, the playing field will be very different, you don't have to worry about ineligble boosters and ? , and get pay to play (basically a legal farm system).
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Miami needs to stop letting other programs (FSU, UF, and close by states) come down to Miami to steal our talent. MF's wasn't even recruiting out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale like that until the U started winning. No other region produce football players like So Flo.

I played high school football with Jerome Mcdougle on that 2001 Canes team too.
  • DillaDeaf
    edited December 2014
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Miami needs to stop letting other programs (FSU, UF, and close by states) come down to Miami to steal our talent. MF's wasn't even recruiting out of Miami/Ft. Lauderdale like that until the U started winning. No other region produce football players like So Flo.

I was an college classmate of Jerome McDougle at Hinds Comm. College in Raymond, MS in 1999. He actually played with my former deaf HS teammate (Phabian Dean) who was the first deaf player to play on the college level. (for the state of Mississippi).

That Hinds team was loaded , you had my boy Dean, McDougal, Fred Smoot and Robert Bean. They won the JC National Championship that year I believe (or the year before or after).

• infamous114
    Options
    Vilma is that dude lol
  • DillaDeaf
    Options
    The NCAA was ? for that investigation. They wasn't suppose to even be in that deposition to begin with. They have no legal jurisdiction.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That little ? snitches on Miami and for what?

And ? Jesus I hate the ? NCAA
  • infamous114
    Options
    The administration is our worst enemy.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NCAA don't get me started on them..
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Sheds a tear for the Orange Bowl. ? use to be live. My homeboy got one of those turnstyle from that stadium.
  • infamous114
    Options
    A dude just wants his team to be the team yall love to hate again
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Where was my ? CP during this whole recording?
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn they should've had 6 titles shame in that ref he hella cheated
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

Too many D1 players coming out of Broward/Dade and Florida overall....can't sign all of them.

Not to mention CFB Is much different from the 80s-90s....it's about money now and Miami (the little school in. Coral Gables) can't compete with money or the facilities arms race. Miami is a very small private school...don't think we will ever see that pastdominance again
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma watch this again when it come back on....
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good doc. The U 30 for 30s are top5.

The ncaa is corrupt as hell, as we all know.
  • infamous114
    Options
    These kids playing now weren't even old enough to see us when we dominated. Their memories of the Hurricanes consist of us underachieving .
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »

Gone head bruh....
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I'm glad i grew up in Fort Lauderdale in the time of 90s canes and early 2000 canes. Funny ? is i use to see a lot of the players around in the neighborhood. The Blades family use to come to the same barbershop i went to all the time. One thing about South Florida ? , they always come back home even when they get money.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These kids playing now weren't even old enough to see us when we dominated. Their memories of the Hurricanes consist of us underachieving .

True..but it wasn't that long ago.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone gotta link to the u part 2?
  • infamous114
    Options

? Ohio State.
  • BDBIID
    Options

Gone head bruh....

This thread about the U I ain't gonna take the spotlight away from those guys.
  • infamous114
    Options

Gone head bruh....

Nah bruh, go ahead. We in the same boat in regards to the hypocrisy of the National Communist Athletic Association, word to Boz.
  • DillaDeaf
    Options

Gone head bruh....

I already started the talk on the NCAA. Go ahead, and put your story down, then we'll spin it off to another thread once it's builds up.