Your phone of 2k15 is... iPhone 6/6+ vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4/S5

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (Htc m8, oppo, and etc)
    The Droid Turbo is looking good for the Verizon people.

It's specs are:

a 5.2-inch Quad HD display,
    Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC (Quad-Core @ 2.7GHz),
    3GB RAM
    21MP camera,
    and a 3900mAh battery.

It comes in 32 GB ($199) and 64 GB ($249). It still annoys me that it doesn't have an SD slot, but I think I could make the 64 GB work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VYiOBBRt8
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's specs are:

3GB RAM
    21MP camera,
    and a 3900mAh battery.

It comes in 32 GB ($199) and 64 GB ($249). It still annoys me that it doesn't have an SD slot, but I think I could make the 64 GB work.

That's a beast of a battery. Shame they stopped at 64GB. With no sd slot, you need to make a 128gb phone. You write off every digital hoarder without that option. Why pass up on customers. The fact that I never have to go through my phone and say "I need to delete this, this and this if I wanna fit this" is always worth the money to me.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It's specs are:

3GB RAM
    21MP camera,
    and a 3900mAh battery.

That's a beast of a battery. Shame they stopped at 64GB. With no sd slot, you need to make a 128gb phone. You write off every digital hoarder without that option. Why pass up on customers. The fact that I never have to go through my phone and say "I need to delete this, this and this if I wanna fit this" is always worth the money to me.

I feel you. If this ? had a SD slot, it would be pretty well future proofed. With those specs, you wouldn't really need to buy a new phone for several year unless you really wanted it.

I'm still debating. I'm not a media hoarder so 64 GB would probably work for me. I don't re-up til December though. If some news about next years HTC One drop and it sounds good, I might wait on that.
  • mosincredible
    Options

It's specs are:

3GB RAM
    21MP camera,
    and a 3900mAh battery.

I feel you. If this ? had a SD slot, it would be pretty well future proofed. With those specs, you wouldn't really need to buy a new phone for several year unless you really wanted it.

I'm still debating. I'm not a media hoarder so 64 GB would probably work for me. I don't re-up til December though. If some news about next years HTC One drop and it sounds good, I might wait on that.

I'm curious about that next HTC One. I don't expect them to pussyfoot with the camera this time around. That was literally the only thing stopping me and many others from getting that phone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

It's specs are:

3GB RAM
    21MP camera,
    and a 3900mAh battery.

I'm curious about that next HTC One. I don't expect them to pussyfoot with the camera this time around. That was literally the only thing stopping me and many others from getting that phone.

Yeah, I think they get that. They were talking about releasing another variant of the One that really was exactly the same but had a better cam. I think they scrapped it in favor of working on the M9.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oppo dropped 2 new phones
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    galaxy S5. ? an iphone...will NEVER go back to that ?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HTC m8 going for $299 unlocked on HTC website for anyone that cares

I'll give that sale 5 min they'll be sold out that's a great deal
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    HTC m8 going for $299 unlocked on HTC website for anyone that cares

I'll give that sale 5 min they'll be sold out that's a great deal

Great deal for a great phone.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I was going to get that Droid Turbo, but I think I'm going to wait for the m9. ? probably won't be out til March, but I'm betting it will be worth the wait.

The concept art looks good.

HTC-One-Concept-Ashik-Empro-Red.jpg
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iPhone 6/6+
    Picking up the 6 later today.
  • louis rich
    louis rich Members Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLlama1980 wrote: »
    Just switched from an Iphone 5 to a NOTE 4. FTW!!! This ? is boss!!

Welcome to the droid family.

Anybody getting that note edge?

of course i am, Note edge>>>note4/S5
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iPhone 6/6+
    6 coming next week...I'm so ready for 128gb.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just now getting an Iphone 5.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Samsng Galaxy Note 4/S5
    about to root this note 3 and keep it moving
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Just now getting an Iphone 5.

Actually I got a galaxy 4
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HTC One M8 is a beast inside and out. Looking forward to what they can do with the M9.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    HTC One M8 is a beast inside and out. Looking forward to what they can do with the M9.

Me too. I just hate I have to wait til February or March for it.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh my nexus 5 crapped on me and I got the HTC one m8, ? beautiful
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    If this ? is true, I'm definitely waiting for the next HTC phone.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Hima---aka-One-M9---could-have-an-Ultra-version-Butterfly-3-and-new-HTC-tablets-might-also-arrive-soon_id63567

Basically the ? will have a 5 inch screen which is perfect for me. It will have the 810 64 Bit processor meaning it will be fast and future proofed. And it will only be Full HD, which is good. That Quad HD ? seems to only be good for eating up battery and slowing up the phone.
  • mosincredible
    Options
    I'm waiting for that tablet. They said they wanna go premium and they got a little practice with the Nexus 9. QC has been an issue for it but I believe they'll come correct on their own effort with no Google involved.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I'm waiting for that tablet. They said they wanna go premium and they got a little practice with the Nexus 9. QC has been an issue for it but I believe they'll come correct on their own effort with no Google involved.

Yeah, most of the reviews only faulted the Nexus 9 because it was clear that Google held them back in the design department.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yep, I'll definitely be getting the new HTC phone when it comes out. The specs were basically confirmed in a benchmark and it basically seems like the perfect phone for me.

HTC-Hima-AnTuTu-benchmark.jpg
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard great things about the HTC M8 and the Moto X (2nd Generation)

im trying to cop a nexus 6 but i think i'ma gon head and settle on a nexus 5 and just keep it moving
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    heard great things about the HTC M8 and the Moto X (2nd Generation)

im trying to cop a nexus 6 but i think i'ma gon head and settle on a nexus 5 and just keep it moving

I would still have my nexus 5 if it didn't ? on me. Smh the nexus 6 is HUGE. The nexus 5 is nice, but can't understand why mine screwed up in the first place