• BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    BoogaSuga wrote: »
    mafuckas walking out of this movie?
    y'all must have thought he was gonna be in a dress or something. wow.

Like someone else said, people were expecting a comedy and the movie wasn't a straight in your face comedy. It had plenty of funny parts to me though, at the same time I can see why those people walked out.

They musta never seen "I Think I Love My Wife"

Probably saw Kev Hart in the trailer and was hoping for some slapstick
    i was like "damn this movie makes marriage look like a prison sentence."

Well...

Did you think different for some reason?
    His life seemed so boring i was 27 at the time and i was like is this what i have to look forward to? Picking out curtains with the wife eating cornish hens and working in a cubicle? Screw this i'm outta here!

I went to bed bath & beyond yesterday and eating Cornish hens for supper tomorrow....

True story
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately where I'm located they don't have this movie so I still haven't seen it yet.

I figured it wouldn't be some slap stick type of movie and I'm fine with that. It's sad though that many people are so used to self deprecating types of humor that it's the only type of stuff they will support. Hopefully the movie does better in the upcoming weeks.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, some white ppl were walking out. Movie had some scenes that were too black for them i guess.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, some white ppl were walking out. Movie had some scenes that were too black for them i guess.

As long as they already paid for their tickets, to hell with em.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seen it tonight .

i liked when he went back to the hood n just chopped it up with his folks.

also that hotel scene with ced....dies
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where them Karlie Redd ? at?
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    DMX had a funny ass scene

i spoilered this cuz it was a huge surprise to me, and i would like it to be a surprise to whoever else hasn't seen it yet

It's in the previews though but it was still outta left field lol
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just seen it. Good movie

Black women>>>>
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So the movie is called Top Five just because their was a brief discussion on top five rappers ......... should have been top five in comedy, actors, & sports as well ...... There was more time spent in that hotel room with Ced and them hoes then talking top fives ........ Chris had to be totally wasted to go face down on them hoes ....... and I would not have got back in that bed after what Ced did lol

Rosario would have accepted the role as the side piece ......she took it way too light when she found out about her boyfriend ..... but it's not surprising after she ran down her body count

Gabrielle Union speech on the phone was real ? and about pretty much every reality tv star having no real talent
    lol

The two minutes that DMX was in the movie was the best ? part of that whole movie ....... (The song is Nat King Cole - Smile) lol

? is top five weakest movie of the year
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Rock dropped the movie and now he's dropping his wife
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just saw it last night

being generous and give it 6/10. there was entirely too many comedians in this movie for this to be as subpar as it was. Just wasn't as funny as it should been, and maybe they weren't going for that .. I dunno, all those comedians in there was pretty much one scene cameos..
    -Rosario looking good as ever, luv that ? , she just always comes off as the girl next door type

-ced hotel scene was hilarious, DMX scene was too, the ? ass white boy/Rosario ? was funny too

- cs @mecca that Gab Union/reality star speech was ? real/brutal/sad as ? about the reality star mentality
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    So the movie is called Top Five just because their was a brief discussion on top five rappers ......... should have been top five in comedy, actors, & sports as well ...... There was more time spent in that hotel room with Ced and them hoes then talking top fives ........ Chris had to be totally wasted to go face down on them hoes ....... and I would not have got back in that bed after what Ced did lol

Rosario would have accepted the role as the side piece ......she took it way too light when she found out about her boyfriend ..... but it's not surprising after she ran down her body count

Gabrielle Union speech on the phone was real ? and about pretty much every reality tv star having no real talent
    lol

The two minutes that DMX was in the movie was the best ? part of that whole movie ....... (The song is Nat King Cole - Smile) lol

? is top five weakest movie of the year

The top five rappers came up several times through the movie though. With Rosario, his family in their crib, and then again with everyone at the strip club. A fourth time if you wanna count Seinfeld at the end. Sure it's not a great title for the movie, but it's better than "they just wanna see hammy the bear" or "I dumped Gabrielle union for Rosario Dawson"
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Just saw it. Dope movie. And easily the best Chris rock movie thus far.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was ok its not a great as what the critics are saying.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The random cameos that weren't advertised were some of the highlights. ? , Seinfeld and whoopi in the club. X in jail.

I wonder if people who don't know DMX found that scene as funny though.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I made the mistake of thinking it would be the best thing since Friday or Coming To America. This movie just aint a comedy like. I told all my folks that it's a good movie, just not a comedy.

More like a drama with funny moments.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I died laughing at Cedric and DMX.

This was a good movie. If yall not used to Chris Rock latest films he doesn't do all put comedy like back in the day. This was well balanced to me.

Pretty much this movie was a bit of a mockery of things going on in Hollywood. Including the fact everybody expects comedians to do straight up comedies like what yall complaining about in here.

Yall wanted nothing but laughs in this movie and Chris rock wanted a drama/real ? movie so yall disappointed smh
  • tomasroy789
    tomasroy789 Members Posts: 1
    Options
    This looks very funny and real