Official 2014-2015 College Basketball thread/prospect watch.

Options

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Tyus Jones is better than Austin

Better is not the right word imo. He better fits into an NBA positon. He's 6'2 or so and plays PG. Rivers was 6'4 tryin to play SG. He's not necessarily 'better'

HE'S a much much better shooter than rivers Not just his numbers but his shot in general in more fluid... Look at his ft% he has a good stroke NH.. he also doesn't over dribble like rivers... His passing abilities and lack of selfishness is better as well...I honestly like Tyus...I don't really see what people's issues with him being food on the next level would be outside of his defense
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Tyus Jones is better than Austin

Better is not the right word imo. He better fits into an NBA positon. He's 6'2 or so and plays PG. Rivers was 6'4 tryin to play SG. He's not necessarily 'better'

HE'S a much much better shooter than rivers Not just his numbers but his shot in general in more fluid... Look at his ft% he has a good stroke NH.. he also doesn't over dribble like rivers... His passing abilities and lack of selfishness is better as well...I honestly like Tyus...I don't really see what people's issues with him being food on the next level would be outside of his defense

This

Only thing I'm worried about is him turning out to be similar to Trey Burke at the next level but I think he's better than him too

I felt like it was easy to see Rivers wasn't hype worthy

I watched him in High School and knew it was no way that was a top player
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better than Trey Burke already, huh lol Alrighty...

Ijs, point guards are a dime a dozen,and unless you have a size, athleticism, or unique ability, its one helluva stretch to say he will be 'better' than 2 solid pros, let alone nggas that killed in college more than him.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jordan brand classic on espn 2
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tyus jones is a mike conley type clone. he may struggle his first year but by year 3 he's gonna be a really good player
  • S2J
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    tyus jones is a mike conley type clone. he may struggle his first year but by year 3 he's gonna be a really good player

Or he's Corey Joseph...

Ijs fellas, every player that comes along doesnt HAVE to be compared to a really good player

Theres league's all over the world with Tyus Jones'
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Better than Trey Burke already, huh lol Alrighty...

Ijs, point guards are a dime a dozen,and unless you have a size, athleticism, or unique ability, its one helluva stretch to say he will be 'better' than 2 solid pros, let alone nggas that killed in college more than him.

He won a chip and was the mvp of the final game as a freshman.....saying that rivers killed it more than him is a stretch

But more than that... U just should be looking at his qualities that translate to the NBA...he has a lot of them
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jones plays to light to be in the NBA.

And he's not that good. Hes not that tall and lacks elite first step quickness and he plays high.

He's nothing like Conely coming out Conely had a quick first step and elite ball handling and ball security
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyus is Tyler Ennis the remix.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    I don't think anybody is saying he's going to be Jason kidd.... I'm just saying I like the kids game and as young as he is he has chance to be productive in the league
  • S2J
    Options
    Tyus is Tyler Ennis the remix.

Exactly. Tyler Ennis...Corey Joseph

But whats more fun to conpare to, Mike Conley!
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tyus kinda remind me of Mo Williams.
  • S2J
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »

Another good one. Nggas underestimate how hard it is to make it big period, let alone a non athletic PG

FYI Mo Williams, too, was a Mcdonalds all american pg qih avg size and athleticism--- as was Chris Thomas, Daniel Ewing, William Avery, Ray felton, etc, etc, etc

Nothin new under the sun just bc they leave earlier now. Tyus Jones will be LUCKY to be as good as Mo Williams in the NBA
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Another good one. Nggas underestimate how hard it is to make it big period, let alone a non athletic PG

FYI Mo Williams, too, was a Mcdonalds all american pg qih avg size and athleticism--- as was Chris Thomas, Daniel Ewing, William Avery, Ray felton, etc, etc, etc

Nothin new under the sun just bc they leave earlier now. Tyus Jones will be LUCKY to be as good as Mo Williams in the NBA

And they were killers in college.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »

Scottie Reynolds just popped in my head, too.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    ^Im still salty about him not making it. ? is crazy.
  • S2J
    Options

Scottie Reynolds just popped in my head, too.

Get em.

Look at the Bucks on right now, OJ Mayo perhaps one of the top 10 HS recruits ever, Jared Bayless a killer in college

In the league? They just happy to be spurts off the bench. And bounced around and worked hard af to be just that. I think we made our point lol
  • S2J
    Options
    The center outta Utah said he comin back. He was projected lottery

The pundits will give him props but most of the top HS guys this year are bigs. They all goin ahead o him next year he shoulda bounced
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    Patrick Patterson wrote an open letter to this year draft class. He was saying some real ?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-patterson-nba-draft-letter/
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Yall ? just dropping random PG names now ...not Even trying to compare playing styles ..... ? ..might as well throw in Moochie Noris while yall at it ... Yeah ...Tyus the next Moochie Noris baby! All day ...easy
  • S2J
    Options

Yall ? just dropping random PG names now ...not Even trying to compare playing styles ..... ? ..might as well throw in Moochie Noris while yall at it ... Yeah ...Tyus the next Moochie Noris baby! All day ...easy

Nah ngga you just exposin your lack of knowledge and/or age

Tyus Jones-highly touted HS all american point guard

EVERY name listed above, highly touted HS all american PG.

The point, if you drop the bullshyt debate mode schtick, is clear: if this climate of 1 and done, 'head to the league before you get exposed' existed back then, imagine all the busts who would get drafted off a hot year and 'potential'

Oh, add Chris Duhon to that list too. HS all american, top 5 recruit, NBA ? . Know your history little ngga
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options

Nah ngga you just exposin your lack of knowledge and/or age

Tyus Jones-highly touted HS all american point guard

EVERY name listed above, highly touted HS all american PG.

The point, if you drop the bullshyt debate mode schtick, is clear: if this climate of 1 and done, 'head to the league before you get exposed' existed back then, imagine all the busts who would get drafted off a hot year and 'potential'

Oh, add Chris Duhon to that list too. HS all american, top 5 recruit, NBA ? . Know your history little ngga

Nah bro ..your just name dropping ...like your not comparing styles ..tendacies ..nothing ... Oh that ? played PG and he got drafted so let's say this ? just like him...lmao ..Wtf? Are you serious? your literally doing the same thing you was complaining about ...your not saying anything about the players games your just linking some superficial connections between each player and saying... Ohhhh there we go! Got eeeeeeeeeemmm!!! Lol

Yes ...it is true not all all american McDonald's players are allstars ...but guess what ... ALOT Of them are... It can go both ways and it just depends on that individuals skill set and how it translates to the league ...randomly telling me that "bracey wright" was an McDonalds all American back in '02 is about as useless as it gets my ? ...like what is your actual point? You trying to enlighten me on the fact that not every hs all American will have success in the leauge...well ..oooooooooooooooooooo k...thank you captain obvious ...but what the ? that gotta do with Tyus game? ...like real talk ...what does Chris Duhon who started 10 games as a freshman at duke have to do with Tyus actual on court game BRUH? Like seriously?

Yall ? on some other ? lol
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Let me get in yall ? right quick ....

Ayo! Remember Eddy Curry ...McDonald's all American top prospect coming into the league ...how he turn out?

Flop!!!!

Yep ...that obviously proves OK4 is a bust ....it's right there dog!! How can you argue with facts baby!

Ohhhhh remember ... Richard Hendrix?

No...?

Da ? !?!?!?

Do your histories little ? !! '05 Allstar McDonald all american ...top PF prospect in the whole nation!!!

FLOP!!

...obviously that means that ? Trey Lyles is a BUST!!! ....? ....hate it had to be him tho ....but clearly as you can see since I brought up a random ? to compare him to he now is doomed for failure

....like .....obviously