Official 2014-2015 College Basketball thread/prospect watch.

Options

Comments

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol daniel ewing was an undersized 2 who later switched to pg when he made it to the pro level...to compare him to tyus is ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Daniel Ewing. Ok, and the other 5, 6 guys?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Duhon couldn't create his own offense ...couldn't set people up and was essentially a one sided defensive player

Comparing him is also rather silly ..

As I said ...just name dropping PGs makes no sense to me
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Ray Felton actually had some success in the league early on and especially with the Knicks ...he just decided that once he got his check he would stop trying ....he got traded.. ? got fat ...outta shape ..and started carrying around pistols ..lol

Again ....silly comparison
  • S2J
    Options
    Chris Duhon couldn't create his own offense ...couldn't set people up and was essentially a one sided defensive player

It wouldnt make sense to you bc you tryin too hard for your agenda. Also hindsight is 20/20

Chris duhon out of HS and at age 19 was a superior prospect. If after one year if he came out he'd be getting the same rose colored glasses treatment as all freshmen ---who get the benefit of the doubt of 'potential'---bc his flaws would not be exposed yet. I swear this is a simple, SIMPLE premise.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

It wouldnt make sense to you bc you tryin too hard for your agenda.Also hindsight is 20/20

Chris duhon out of HS and at age 19 was a superior prospect. If after one year if he came out he'd be getting the same rose colored glasses treatment as all freshmen ---who get the benefit of the doubt of 'potential'---bc his flaws would not be exposed yet. I swear this is a simple, SIMPLE premise.

Chris Duhon was never a "superior NBA prospect" ....this is flat out false ...not Every McDonald's all American is projected to be a lottery pick ... Your premise is SIMPLE ... Literally ....as in lazy

Chris Duhon went to duke as a freshman and only started 10 games and was the 5th option....so why are you comparing him to a guy that started every game and won the mvp of the championship game when really the only thing they have in common is the fact that they were both McDonald's All Americans?

It's lazy .... or as you put it "simple"

Using your own logic ..as I stated earlier ..OK4 is the next Eddy Curry then ...so there you have it

But this is a ? back n forth ...? is in here literally just arguing to argue ... All I said was that I think the dude can play ...not that he's the next steph curry .... And if your going to compare him to an NBA player ..compare the GAMES Their actual playing styles .. not some peripheral ? that ain't got nothing to do with nothing

Oh yo that ? got an Afro ...Ohhh ? he got an Afro too!! It's like there the same person kid!!!!
  • S2J
    Options
    Are you done?

Game-wise he's at worst Corey Joseph, at best he's Mo Williams, realistically he's Luke Ridenour

At the next level he's a frail, 1 dimensional, non elite athlete, defensive liability PG . Dime a dozen, a point you woefully missed. He'll be a solid yet marginal pro.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Patrick Patterson wrote an open letter to this year draft class. He was saying some real ?

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/patrick-patterson-nba-draft-letter/

That is a letter that should be given every year
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's first step ain't good.

It was average in college and only can just a tad bit better.

And he don't play physical like Andre Miller. So their goes that route.

His ceiling is a spot up 3 point shooter only if he improves his shot.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2015
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of these "1 and done" lottery ? are only pieces to a good team, not players that you anchor your franchise with. ? put way too much weight on potential 5 years from now when they draft, what if they don't grow? Now you're just wasting picks.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    A lot of these "1 and done" lottery ? are only pieces to a good team, not players that you anchor your franchise with. ? put way too much weight on potential 5 years from now when they draft, what if they don't grow? Now you're just wasting picks.

This is true but ....you can literally say that about any player ...hell Shane Battier was as polished as they come ...I believe a SR. Or Jr coming out ..even some comparisons to a poor mans grant hill coming out ...a top 5 pick I believe ....and he was nothing more than role player in the end
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want Kaminsjy
    So ILL wrote: »

This is true but ....you can literally say that about any player ...hell Shane Battier was as polished as they come ...I believe a SR. Or Jr coming out ..even some comparisons to a poor mans grant hill coming out ...a top 5 pick I believe ....and he was nothing more than role player in the end

Shane Battier was never projected to be a franchise player. He was a safe pick a lot like WCS is. I would rather swing for the fences on a prospect then draft a role player. You can find those in FA easy.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

Have a feeling this will be our pick. Not really sold on him tho to be honest.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options

Kaminsky will be a role player for his entire career. I think a team drafting someone in the middle 1st will be setup nicely if they have a playoff roster already. I think he fits the team of like the Spurs or Atlanta. Atlanta has Brooklyn's pick at 15 so it might happen but they probably need a real center to add to their rotation as well.

I see no way he will be able to guard 5's in the NBA and he is not really good defending in the post. I think he will score though but I still see him as being a rotational player stretch 4. His career will really depend on how well he shoots the three. I also don't see real improvement from what he is now though. He is not getting faster maybe a little stronger but he is what he is.

• af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I want Kaminsjy

Oh, so you're starting to see the light now. I remember you said he's Andrew Nicholson then Keith Van Horn. I won't be surprise if the critics change their mind about him. I'm not gonna sleep on that white boy.

image.png?w=500&c=1

Yea I got to watch more of him during the tourney and I admit I underrated him . I still think he has a low ceiling but he is a perfect fit for what we need and at this point which is shooting and a rim protector. You gas that ? way too much tho. He's not the best big in this draft not even close but if we're drafting 5-8 I want Kaminsky to be the pick over WCS and Winslow.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw somewhere that the Pistons would take Stanley Johnson at 9. I like him but yall know I been saying for a while now that we need an offensive SF.

I think Harrison Barnes or Rudy ? would be perfect for us. Trade Monroe or a draft pick, we got too many guards. I doubt they resign Reggie though
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just read an article about that Sexton kid from New Jersey. Man that ? is heartbreaking, 15 years old and was already 6-6 and highly ranked. Died senselessly and to no fault of his own. Couldn't imagine what his parents going through.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Cain
    @Elzo69Renaissance
    @CockMcStuffins (nh)

Looks like winning the National Championship is starting to payoff for Duke immediately. Coach K out here being like John Calipari on the recruiting scene.