Obama to Black Voters: 'Get that Cousin Pookie Out to Vote' Man, what? Lol

Options

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my relatives have gangster nicknames like "Badman" and "Murderer"... and they listen to Bob Marley... and can't vote...
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so y'all low key callin' Obama racist now? lol
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goldenja wrote: »
    so y'all low key callin' Obama racist now? lol

he's half racist cuz he's half white... lol..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    More food for thought...Obama doesnt write his speeches or come up with this ? .

nas1-478x311.jpg?w=478

So a group of white speech writers giggling in a cubicle:

Chad!, Chad!, you have GOT to read this!

'Get your cousin Ray Ray off the couch and stop watching sportscenter (and eating sunflower seeds)

'? me! No way bro!'

rich-guys-laughing-300x221.jpg

That pic is misleading... the people who write his speeches are young interns..

but i will say this if you are more outraged about him saying "pookie" than the fact that an election is coming... historically low numbers are gonna come out... and the next president is gonna get blamed for America's pitfalls when these elections help shape the next... you are honestly focused on the wrong thing...

They're not interns, but yes they're young. I'm well aware of this. Nothing came up when i googled young white men laughing.

@ the rest, sorry, but i can walk and chew gum at the same time. i can be mildly amused at his switchin it up on a Thursday, and still take 10 minutes to get off my couch, put down my 40, stop beating my wife, and vote on Tuesday.

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at you ? being mad cuz he used a stereotypical nickname...

would it have been better if he used the name "Tyrone" or "Byron"? smh..

Wouldn't better he talked to us with the same intelligence and tact he uses to talk to white folks that hate him.

so because he used a stereotypical nickname he was talking to us not intelligent? when he speaks to the black community 95 percent of the time he talks to us in a tone we can relate to... this should be no different *shrugs *

So it wouldn't be a news story if he came and talked to blue dog democrats in the south and told them to tell auntie Maryanne to turn off honey bobo and get off the couch and vote.

ANYTHING that ? says is gonna be news... he's the president black in a position of power, evil caucazoids hate that and hate anyone that exposes their racism especially in the south... lol..

Fixed for accuracy.
  • S2J
    edited October 2014
    Options
    He's pandering to white respect by speaking to/about us the way they speak think about us.

White people love black people who 'see it how they see it'. See Charles Barkley.

@Ob your hypersensitive ass im suprised you dont see it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is new becuz? Oh wait. He said it around the white folks that was there.

Shhhh!!

*looks around*

They can't know that we've been sayin this kinda thing around each other for years. Smh. Enough of the fake outrage.

Wth r u talking about?
    U talk like this to other black ppl?
    The ? ?

? stop with the fake outrage.

Like we don't say "Pookie and dem", "Tyrone", "Lil *insert nickname* or any other imaginary hood name we use around each other when tellin a story or makin a point.

He's been doin this and it was no problem then. Now all of tje sudden its an issue?? Again stop with fake outrage. B/c nobody was makin it a big deal about it before.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If Obama was "Black enough"

he'd be a real ?

VOTE
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im feelin like all the Black Obama haters were---well not all right, but damn they had a point. I feel like a sheep. Damn i was blinded. Damn yo. I ...I been ? -riding Obama nh

323321_o.gif

they showed that episode last night lol!
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well call me pookie becuase i aint voting they dont give a ? about you anyway." lights pipe and downs can of natural ice."
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If a white person said that yall woulda held a rally for it
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama probably been watchin' too much Steve Harvey Show before his speech lol
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    Oh my Goooooooooooooooood

He used a colloquial expression to a black audience. The horror

I'm gonna die! This is awful. How dare he? I'm so insulted.....So nasty and rude! What's he gonna do next...
    The ? is coonin. This little dumbed down speech is more fodder for white ppl who assume black folks are all lazy and don't contribute anything to society. So the leader of the free world tries to "relate" to his ppl when it's election time, but when cops ? unarmed black kids he has to stay neutral? Where was the ? when Furgeson was on burning? FOH house ? Obama

lol @ Furgeson, not the Ferguson with 2/3rds black population with white elected officials, kinda makes the case for what Obama said even stronger

Well damn.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's pandering to white respect by speaking to/about us the way they speak think about us.

White people love black people who 'see it how they see it'. See Charles Barkley.

@Ob your hypersensitive ass im suprised you dont see it.
    last time I checked most whites don't like him right now... him saying "pookie" ain't finna boost his approval rating...
  • S2J
    Options
    Again...to the nggas who dont see it. So which one is it?

B/c I thought: 'He isnt the black president , he's everybody's president' (i agree)

Ok, then when you need me Mr. President address me as a constituent, ngga dont come thru talkin bout heeeeeey

11481_o.gif

• S2J
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Again...to the nggas who dont see it. So which one is it?

B/c I thought: 'He isnt the black president , he's everybody's president' (i agree)

Ok, then when you need me Mr. President address me as a constituent, ngga dont come thru talkin bout heeeeeey

11481_o.gif

in a business setting do you call white folks "nggas", if no you're being very hypocritical

Well sir in a business setting i wouldnt call a black man a ngga. Just like I wouldnt say 'yall', cuss, use slang, etc. Your point?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im just happy hes not a ?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The t/s tries too hard.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at you ? being mad cuz he used a stereotypical nickname...

would it have been better if he used the name "Tyrone" or "Byron"? smh..

Wouldn't better he talked to us with the same intelligence and tact he uses to talk to white folks that hate him.

2234747_o.gif
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who is his competition ?
  • S2J
    Options
    Oh my Goooooooooooooooood

He used a colloquial expression to a black audience. The horror

I'm gonna die! This is awful. How dare he? I'm so insulted.....So nasty and rude! What's he gonna do next...
    The ? is coonin. This little dumbed down speech is more fodder for white ppl who assume black folks are all lazy and don't contribute anything to society. So the leader of the free world tries to "relate" to his ppl when it's election time, but when cops ? unarmed black kids he has to stay neutral? Where was the ? when Furgeson was on burning? FOH house ? Obama

lol @ Furgeson, not the Ferguson with 2/3rds black population with white elected officials, kinda makes the case for what Obama said even stronger

Nobody's denying the message...obviously...its the delivery. He doesnt speak this familair or dumbed down to white people.

And before you say 'he's familiar bc he's black' ...he doesnt have the equity to pull that ? b/c he doesnt rep anything 'traditonally black' elsewhere, at any other time. Which im good with, but dont try it now, in this way.

You gotta connect some fukin dots man. When Ferguson went down he said 'Now is the time to listen, not to protest'. If you cant hear and feel the condescending, removed, 'puppet' (cliche, but true) nature of these statements then you blind. You...you ? -riding Obama fam. In both occaisions it sounds like he's the voice of white america. He sounds like the 1 black employee they find to calm down the black upset customer.

And damnit thats like the 4th one, Im out of good ass examples if you dont get it you aint built to.
  • lordhonka2
    lordhonka2 Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    yall tripping the differnce them red neck crackers go vote now they vote against there own interest but at least they vote hood ? dont vote. ? black folks in general rarely vote. he is black he supposed to be able to say that ? to us

i guess he should have said *obama voice* please got get your cousin aahh cousing from the not so good side of town aah we all know you got one and aah no offense and aah make sure they go vote.
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am white, don't hate the "man", just the "man" in office. I say the US presidency is a big ? stick handed down to the next. If a new president can't get Congress behind him, then usually public opinion is he sucks. So his ? relationship to the other politicians keeps his job easy and lax while diverting attention to all this bi-partisan ? . I think the man is a very slick seller of ? , for certain. I can see why he used the approach he did, cause he can't fix the mind set so he was trying to adapt to it, he just has white-boy level of skills in doing it.