Obama to Black Voters: 'Get that Cousin Pookie Out to Vote' Man, what? Lol

Options

Comments

• desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is alil off topic

But Im more distrubed by the Democratic Party's propensity for taking the blk vote for granted

Than the GOP isn't any better

With that said

IMHO blk folk aren't just sitting waiting to be told to "vote" or too lazy to do so, they are disillusioned with the political system ...and rightfully so

Blk employment has been twice that of whites for generations... The unemployment rate for young blk people is even more abysmal ...our neighborhoods have the worst public schools ...our men are being hunted and killed by law enforcement around the country ... I could go on and on ....

Things that can only be addressed on a national level

But no politician wants to talk about it seriously yet they expect us to vote ...we are to take the bread crumbs they give us and close our mouths

Sigh...

Anyways I digress, vote people ... Hopefully things will eventually get better lol

• 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy how ppl can't see the basic point S2J is making.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Es-Bee wrote: »
    Oh my Goooooooooooooooood

He used a colloquial expression to a black audience. The horror

I'm gonna die! This is awful. How dare he? I'm so insulted.....So nasty and rude! What's he gonna do next...
    The ? is coonin. This little dumbed down speech is more fodder for white ppl who assume black folks are all lazy and don't contribute anything to society. So the leader of the free world tries to "relate" to his ppl when it's election time, but when cops ? unarmed black kids he has to stay neutral? Where was the ? when Furgeson was on burning? FOH house ? Obama

lol @ Furgeson, not the Ferguson with 2/3rds black population with white elected officials, kinda makes the case for what Obama said even stronger

Nobody's denying the message...obviously...its the delivery. He doesnt speak this familair or dumbed down to white people.

And before you say 'he's familiar bc he's black' ...he doesnt have the equity to pull that ? b/c he doesnt rep anything 'traditonally black' elsewhere, at any other time. Which im good with, but dont try it now, in this way.

You gotta connect some fukin dots man. When Ferguson went down he said 'Now is the time to listen, not to protest'. If you cant hear and feel the condescending, removed, 'puppet' (cliche, but true) nature of these statements then you blind. You...you ? -riding Obama fam. In both occaisions it sounds like he's the voice of white america. He sounds like the 1 black employee they find to calm down the black upset customer.

And damnit thats like the 4th one, Im out of good ass examples if you dont get it you aint built to.

He reps being "traditionally black" all the time... anytime blacks have a civil issue in america he speaks on it... the ? has a black family... speaks on basketball and other ? that blacks can identify with.. is in the loop with black current events... if anyone has the Merritt to say something like this it's him...

btw he can't "dumb down" the way he talks to whites without sounding racist...

bush was a Texas bred dude.. sounded country as hell and was pretty dumb (by presidential standards)... if he said some ? about " get Mary-Louise and tell her to vote this Tuesday" do you think whites would be ? at him?

also I haven't heard a lick of "outraged" about this topic outside of this thread... *shrugs *
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fact is black people will vote democrat 9/10 regardless of the candidate?. If i was a politician i pander to black folks neither. All i gotta do is show up to some churches meet with rev al be a democrat and boom 96% of the black vote
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again...to the nggas who dont see it. So which one is it?

B/c I thought: 'He isnt the black president , he's everybody's president' (i agree)

Ok, then when you need me Mr. President address me as a constituent, ngga dont come thru talkin bout heeeeeey

11481_o.gif

in a business setting do you call white folks "nggas", if no you're being very hypocritical

Well sir in a business setting i wouldnt call a black man a ngga. Just like I wouldnt say 'yall', cuss, use slang, etc. Your point?

Y'all?

That's slang?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh my Goooooooooooooooood

He used a colloquial expression to a black audience. The horror

I'm gonna die! This is awful. How dare he? I'm so insulted.....So nasty and rude! What's he gonna do next...
    The ? is coonin. This little dumbed down speech is more fodder for white ppl who assume black folks are all lazy and don't contribute anything to society. So the leader of the free world tries to "relate" to his ppl when it's election time, but when cops ? unarmed black kids he has to stay neutral? Where was the ? when Furgeson was on burning? FOH house ? Obama

lol @ Furgeson, not the Ferguson with 2/3rds black population with white elected officials, kinda makes the case for what Obama said even stronger

Nobody's denying the message...obviously...its the delivery. He doesnt speak this familair or dumbed down to white people.

And before you say 'he's familiar bc he's black' ...he doesnt have the equity to pull that ? b/c he doesnt rep anything 'traditonally black' elsewhere, at any other time. Which im good with, but dont try it now, in this way.

You gotta connect some fukin dots man. When Ferguson went down he said 'Now is the time to listen, not to protest'. If you cant hear and feel the condescending, removed, 'puppet' (cliche, but true) nature of these statements then you blind. You...you ? -riding Obama fam. In both occaisions it sounds like he's the voice of white america. He sounds like the 1 black employee they find to calm down the black upset customer.

And damnit thats like the 4th one, Im out of good ass examples if you dont get it you aint built to.

Is he really even addressing a black audience? He's campaign stumping at Northwestern University. It's like 6 ? there if you're being generous

Edit: Sorry @Elzo69Renaissance‌ ... 7
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get his point. It's just a bad look
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    This is alil off topic

But Im more distrubed by the Democratic Party's propensity for taking the blk vote for granted

Than the GOP isn't any better

With that said

IMHO blk folk aren't just sitting waiting to be told to "vote" or too lazy to do so, they are disillusioned with the political system ...and rightfully so

Blk employment has been twice that of whites for generations... The unemployment rate for young blk people is even more abysmal ...our neighborhoods have the worst public schools ...our men are being hunted and killed by law enforcement around the country ... I could go on and on ....

Things that can only be addressed on a national level

But no politician wants to talk about it seriously yet they expect us to vote ...we are to take the bread crumbs they give us and close our mouths

Sigh...

Anyways I digress, vote people ... Hopefully things will eventually get better lol

Actually the things you think can only be addressed on the national level are actually local and state issues... the REAL issues is people are misguided on how our government works... they think that our government works "top to bottom" when it's actually the reverse... any decisions that are made at the presidents level takes months maybe years for the bottom to see the effects... if you wanna see immediate change the local elections are more important..
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i was bout to say some ? but i aint even got the energy for this...
    damn shame im in here "cosignin" and "lol'n" S2J...

since the ? when?? lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So what.

and coincidentally i have a cousin that they call Pookie..

its funny how people react to ? depending on where it comes from

I feel u I know 2 pookies and 3 poohs .... But the connotation he was using was referring to dat hood ? who don't vote.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

B/c I thought: 'He isnt the black president , he's everybody's president' (i agree)

Ok, then when you need me Mr. President address me as a constituent, ngga dont come thru talkin bout heeeeeey

11481_o.gif

in a business setting do you call white folks "nggas", if no you're being very hypocritical

Well sir in a business setting i wouldnt call a black man a ngga. Just like I wouldnt say 'yall', cuss, use slang, etc. Your point?

Y'all?

That's slang?

yall isnt standard english so yeah its slang/vernacular
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

11481_o.gif

Y'all?

That's slang?

It's in the dictionary
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »

11481_o.gif

Y'all?

That's slang?

It's in the dictionary

So is bootylicious

There is no formal plural of you in english in any standard variety
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    So what.

and coincidentally i have a cousin that they call Pookie..

its funny how people react to ? depending on where it comes from

I feel u I know 2 pookies and 3 poohs .... But the connotation he was using was referring to dat hood ? who don't vote.

His only crime is mixed company.. not so much of a crime but i agree with the first part about the connotation.. But its TRUE there is a segment of ? who dont vote and dont care. Every vote counts.. republicans come out to vote.. we need people to come out to VOTE not just during the presidential elections.
  • Cocoa_Butter
    Cocoa_Butter Members Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obama has a horrible way with words. This is the same dude who condescendingly lectured an entire class of African American male college students at their own graduation. The same man who told black people to lace up their work boots and stop complaining when asked about race and unemployment lol. This isn't the worst he's said, but at the same time, he could've worded it a tad bit better.

B.O. is just one those people who tries too hard to relate, to the point where it seems offensive, as if he's mocking you.

"Hey Keith, glad you could make it. Sit down, man. Wanna watch tv, I got all the channels, BET, UPN, TVOne, you name it. Yeah man, just bought that new Snoop Doggy Dog yesterday if you wanna jam out. Gosh ? it, forgot I had fried chicken on the stove. Wait here."

:(|)
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I was KD i'd be offended by that dap ? , shake my hand like a man you ? fake, corny ass white bred ? , i hate when white men do that ? , shake my ? hand, dont knod yo head up at me when you walk past knod it down muthafucka you not my brotha

"Tell your Uncle Billy Bob to give Nascar a break and get down to the polls", never
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I'm in Texas.

Y'all is use by everybody regardless of status or setting.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    exactly wtf i was talking bout... the last two post validate a recent thread....
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Obama has a horrible way with words. This is the same dude who condescendingly lectured an entire class of African American male college students at their own graduation. The same man who told black people to lace up their work boots and stop complaining when asked about race and unemployment lol. This isn't the worst he's said, but at the same time, he could've worded it a tad bit better.

B.O. is just one those people who tries too hard to relate, to the point where it seems offensive, as if he's mocking you.

"Hey Keith, glad you could make it. Sit down, man. Wanna watch tv, I got all the channels, BET, UPN, TVOne, you name it. Yeah man, just bought that new Snoop Doggy Dog yesterday if you wanna jam out. Gosh ? it, forgot I had fried chicken on the stove. Wait here."

:(|)

please say you are just trolling... you acting like he got a white wife... stayed in the suburbs his whole life and is on some Carlton Banks type ? ... Barrack Obama has a genuine black swag.... if anything I think he has to be watered down more than he wants because of his position...
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    exactly wtf i was talking bout... the last two post validate a recent thread....

@playmaker88‌

You are one of the biggest "i wont agree with the other blacks so whites will think im special" ass, passive, girly, coward, feminine posters on this site and i genuinely hate your presence ? you are straight ?

? ....say what the ? you feeeeeeeeeel
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    If I was KD i'd be offended by that dap ? , shake my hand like a man you ? fake, corny ass white bred ? , i hate when white men do that ? , shake my ? hand, dont knod yo head up at me when you walk past knod it down muthafucka you not my brotha

"Tell your Uncle Billy Bob to give Nascar a break and get down to the polls", never

bruh you would act like a groupie and try and get a selfie with the ? and post that ? on instagram... you aint gotta front for the ic..
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol yall ? still vote?

I thought that was just a fad Diddy started
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    It's crazy how ppl can't see the basic point S2J is making.

0GfJETT.gif

If i can reach just 1 soul NH!
    The rest of you dumb ? , anybody who ever no-signed me, anybody who ever made me write more than 2 sentences to explain some simple ? ...

986613_o.gif
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »

bruh you would act like a groupie and try and get a selfie with the ? and post that ? on instagram... you aint gotta front for the ic..

? idk wtf yo stupid ass talkin bout, you know you need to sit down somewhere