Lord Jamar: Light-Skinned Woman Are Placed on a Pedestal

Options

Comments

• BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Being Frank and saying ? like dark women got a reason to be upset at lighter women is ridiculous. Lighter women can't help how society perceives them. Do they benefit? Of course but they didn't set the rule. I just think it's stupid to make it a point to talk about how much more attractive you find darker women over lighter women as if it's still not a form of fetisizing someone based on their skin tone.

Except that darker women actually do have a legitimate reason to be upset, because indulging in colorism is a choice, and while lighter women may not be responsible for colorism themselves, choosing to actively benefit from a refusal to acknowledge that choice is no better. All that, "No wait, I'm lightskin" ? is real; Lightskin women act lightskin, because they know..

No one's talking about preferring darker women as some kind of revenge, but more so that all this lightskin darkskin nonsense isn't worth "letting ? like what they like." If the subject comes up, we need to be frank about it, because this ? divides communities..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    It was already said. Light skin women are closer to white. It is what it is. It shouldn't be that way because in those crackas eyes they're all ? .
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »
    Being Frank and saying ? like dark women got a reason to be upset at lighter women is ridiculous. Lighter women can't help how society perceives them. Do they benefit? Of course but they didn't set the rule. I just think it's stupid to make it a point to talk about how much more attractive you find darker women over lighter women as if it's still not a form of fetisizing someone based on their skin tone.

Except that darker women actually do have a legitimate reason to be upset, because indulging in colorism is a choice, and while lighter women may not be responsible for colorism themselves, choosing to actively benefit from a refusal to acknowledge that choice is no better. All that, "No wait, I'm lightskin" ? is real; Lightskin women act lightskin, because they know..

No one's talking about preferring darker women as some kind of revenge, but more so that all this lightskin darkskin nonsense isn't worth "letting ? like what they like." If the subject comes up, we need to be frank about it, because this ? divides communities..

You do know that light skin women have their own issues too right? I mean they are still women which means like most other women they also will struggle with their own ? too when it comes to their appearance and their insecurities because of it. As far as what ? prefer the automatic assumption that simply because a guy is with a light skin chick he's automatically submitted to some subconscious brainwashing to pursue a light skin woman over a dark skin woman just makes sounds stupid. That's what makes it seem like some of ya'll are out here promoting a love for dark skin women out of some type of revenge or get back at light skin women. ? just sounds corny. ? 's amazing to me that some people really put this much thought into this ? in terms of the women they're attracted to when it comes to skin tone over other ? that actually matters like whether or not she's actually a sane human being.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who the ? is Lord Jamar?? I swear I've only heard that ? name on the IC....
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He aint lying tho.lightskinned women are highly favored
  • BEAM
    Options
    You do know that light skin women have their own issues too right? I mean they are still women which means like most other women they also will struggle with their own ? too when it comes to their appearance and their insecurities because of it.

Save for personal mitigating circumstances, darker skin women have it rougher than light skin women, just as light skin women have it rougher than White women. This is common knowledge, fam.

As far as what ? prefer the automatic assumption that simply because a guy is with a light skin chick he's automatically submitted to some subconscious brainwashing to pursue a light skin woman over a dark skin woman just makes sounds stupid. That's what makes it seem like some of ya'll are out here promoting a love for dark skin women out of some type of revenge or get back at light skin women. ? just sounds corny.

Who's saying that tho? All I ( and many others ) have said is that colorism is real, it benefits lighter women, and has negative effects on dark women. These things are true.

? 's amazing to me that some people really put this much thought into this ? in terms of the women they're attracted to when it comes to skin tone over other ? that actually matters like whether or not she's actually a sane human being.

Being aware that colorism is alive and well is nowhere near as dangerous, or in any way synonymous with actually practicing colorism. ? in here talmbout "dark butts" and ? , why don't you spew all that criticism / advice at those ? , who DO put certain women down in favor of their "preferences," instead of accusing ? of things that aren't happening?
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    who the ? is Lord Jamar?? I swear I've only heard that ? name on the IC....

Smh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuhaFdBuwp4
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....And women like light skin with green eyes and good hair.

But they never mention that, though.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Kai wrote: »
    So the only way to promote self love and acceptance of all shades is to ? on light skin in place of dark skin?

Some may see ? on colorism and being frank about it's origins / effects as doing just that, unfortunately..

I'm a keep it a hunnit. ? like light-skinned women because their features are closer to white than dark-skinned women
    Nooo

Bruh u done opened Pandoras box to the ? cave now. Watch them come in flockin.

You ? motha ? ? . You are A ? ? . How in the world is complaining about colorism coonish? Answer that question.
    Seems like we got an upset ? here

Listen you hebitch we can shoot this argument in the pm's. Imma be respectful to the thread and not derail it going back and forth with you.

Answer the ? question.

@Busta Carmichael
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? in upset about "light skin" privilege. Dark butts and their insecurities are hilarious.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black ? >>>>>>
  • BEAM
    edited November 2014
    Options

>>> Lol ? in upset about "White privilege." Blacks and their insecurities are hilarious. <<<

tumblr_ltb0r8LGjG1r4ghkoo1_400.gif
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? in upset about "light skin" privilege. Dark butts and their insecurities are hilarious.

Hardly. Growing up I maybe saw one light skin couple. But it always be a dark skin black with a light skin black. In most cases the opposites attract.

One light skin girl told me they believe the darker the skin the bigger the ? . And a bunch of other stuff her girlfriends think. It's just a circle of ignorance and willie lynch ideals causing this.
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    So

Hmmm

*goes to Pico IllPix thread*

Glorrrraaaae!!!!!!!

Dead
  • SnuffDaddy
    SnuffDaddy Members Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

Act lightskin? You're reaching and doing the same things you're speaking about, but the other way around. What's "acting lightskin"? Don't you see you're doing the same?

So what about all them "you aint really black", "you soft (cuz you lighter)", "blacker the berry the sweeter the juice", amounts of Drake, Chris Brown or whoever else lightskin entertainers get ? on etc etc while all these dark/brown skin chicks be talking & yapping about things they think is THEIR benefit.

So you're looking at it from a biased point my dude.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Cinco wrote: »
    This is true
    Let ? like what they like

I have know problem with dudes having preferences but ? be takin it too far especially in these social media days. It's to the point where my bros be talking about a chick and be like "she look good, but she too dark". I be thinking in my mind "? your mama dark as ? "

Im going to take it back to the 80s in what a dark skinned dude told me. He said they were talked about and called ugly by the beautiful light skinned woman and he felt insecure and devalued. Now that dark skinned men are in and praised by lightskin women thats all he will go after because they look so much like the white massas wife that he could look at but could not touch.

He said this in the 80's???
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm light skinned and I get flak for dating light skinned girls like wtf.

I was in club one time and dark skin girl tried to holla at me but I was like nah I'm good. I did get at her friend and she came up to me talking bout oh, so the light skin girl get the number blah blah blah, even tried to ? block.

I didn't approached girl cause she was light, I approached cause she looked good.
  • b4rPnQrC32H4cT
    b4rPnQrC32H4cT Members Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe to the conditioned individuals who can't think for themselves, but to me, beautiful is beautiful and ugly is ugly. It just depends on the girl.

Co-sign.

her complexion(smooth to full pizza), undertone, & ? structure>>>>how light or dark her skin is on surface.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    He ain't lying but man this ? like ? to yall.