Lord Jamar: Light-Skinned Woman Are Placed on a Pedestal

Options

Comments

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    ....And women like light skin with green eyes and good hair.

But they never mention that, though.

WTF IS GOOD HAIR BRUH ??? smh

Al Sharpton status.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm light skinned and I get flak for dating light skinned girls like wtf.

I was in club one time and dark skin girl tried to holla at me but I was like nah I'm good. I did get at her friend and she came up to me talking bout oh, so the light skin girl get the number blah blah blah, even tried to ? block.

I didn't approached girl cause she was light, I approached cause she looked good.

Nah she was just ignorant and bitter.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol ? in upset about "light skin" privilege. Dark butts and their insecurities are hilarious.

Hardly. Growing up I maybe saw one light skin couple. But it always be a dark skin black with a light skin black. In most cases the opposites attract.

One light skin girl told me they believe the darker the skin the bigger the ? . And a bunch of other stuff her girlfriends think. It's just a circle of ignorance and willie lynch ideals causing this.

thats really what it is, black folks just conditioned to shame each other for finding lightskin attractive, even if they at the same time love darkskin women/men as much or even more, because of what people TELL us about our history, it aint always that deep, i got yellow cousins that prefer dark women, opposites attract

other ethnic groups dont have to feel guilty for liking a certain look within their people, most crackas dont give a ? about brunettes and red heads, they suck blond ? ? and ? on pale ? , afterwards they dont have to sit down at the pentagon and construct a 5 step restoration plan to prevent white men from preferring blonde hair

but at the same time it be a lot of ignorance and ? ? behind some of these ? reasoning
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    Lol ? in upset about "light skin" privilege. Dark butts and their insecurities are hilarious.

Hardly. Growing up I maybe saw one light skin couple. But it always be a dark skin black with a light skin black. In most cases the opposites attract.

One light skin girl told me they believe the darker the skin the bigger the ? . And a bunch of other stuff her girlfriends think. It's just a circle of ignorance and willie lynch ideals causing this.

thats really what it is, black folks just conditioned to shame each other for finding lightskin attractive, even if they at the same time love darkskin women/men as much or even more, because of what people TELL us about our history, it aint always that deep, i got yellow cousins that prefer dark women, opposites attract

other ethnic groups dont have to feel guilty for liking a certain look within their people, most crackas dont give a ? about brunettes and red heads, they suck blond ? ? and ? on pale ? , afterwards they dont have to sit down at the pentagon and construct a 5 step restoration plan to prevent white men from preferring blonde hair

but at the same time it be a lot of ignorance and ? ? behind some of these ? reasoning

I don't think yall ? understand

Nobody has a problem with light skinned females, its the worshiping of them and the underlying way dark skinned females are disrespected
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »

I don't think yall ? understand

Nobody has a problem with light skinned females, its the worshiping of them and the underlying way dark skinned females are disrespected

i understand that, thats why i added the last line of my post
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    So

you ain't ? .....? but u ain't ?
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well.. based off of my experience growing up and living in different cities... (predominantly Bmore)

Light Skin women were predominantly attracted to Dark Skin men... and they were proud to throw it in my face.

In the case of Tank.. he's leaning on the dark side (looks wise) so, I'm pretty sure he gets a lot of play from light skin women cause they might be more aggressive... plus he's a celebrity and he can sing.

Now me being lighter (Iverson complexion) I never got much play off of my skin tone from light skin women... If I got any play it was usually for some other reason .. (the way I think/ being tall/ having money ect)

But for whatever reason... I get immediate play from darker skin women, on average .. And what i mean by "immediate play" is just getting a second or third look (why she keep making eye contact with me) or even getting approached by her.

all my major girl friends have been darker than me... except for the few asian ones.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Well I won't say that lighter skinned individuals don't benefit from favoritism within the black community, they do.

I believe it doesn't come from "personal preferences" as much as it comes from decades, nay perhaps hundreds of years of being told that having lighter skin is attractive.

This isn't just an issue in the United States either, in many countries colorism exists.

Its much much worse abroad then in the us
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOOD HAIR, LIGHT SKIN...

THE SLAVERY STIGMATAS are still living. lets fight it people with INTELLIGENCE.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GOOD HAIR, LIGHT SKIN...

May b in america,
    Im west indian, i know alotta dark skin ppl with "good hair"..
    Same goes for dark afro latinos
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    GOOD HAIR, LIGHT SKIN...

May b in america,

BRUH PLEASE

DONT TRANSMITT THAT GOOD HAIR STIGMA TO THE NEXT GENERATION.

HAIR IS HAIR

no offense but i think that we should get rid of that ? .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    GOOD HAIR, LIGHT SKIN...

May b in america,

BRUH PLEASE

DONT TRANSMITT THAT GOOD HAIR STIGMA TO THE NEXT GENERATION.

HAIR IS HAIR

no offense but i think that we should get rid of that ? .

Hence y i put it in parentheses
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    im tired of yall taking with this ? has to say to heart
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't see ? doin' this ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Bergs I don't do dark butts and Wayne's u look better red lines in rap songs are how a lot of ignant folk think. So let's not front like it ain't a issue

instead of attacking lightskin women the issue should be with those rappers
    while berg received some backlash these hoes still love waynes ignorant ass

also everytime their is this movement of I love dark women a I detest lightskin women and their attitude coincide..wich is just as ignorant as the attitudes your trying to stop

? dont seem to realize you cant combat colorism within the community by committing to clororism

just like women who say they dont like a certain skin color of black man while complaining that men dont like them bc of their skin color
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wasn't parentheses that was quotations.

Idt the light skin darkskin ? is based on slavery.

Black ass ? in Africa act just as thirsty over lite brites as u ? in America and the Caribbean.

Not saying they weren't any type of influence/brainwashing that affected negroes that went through slavery, but it has been said b4 opposites attract.

If u can't look at someone individually and find them attractive without it being based on shade that's your ? .

And this other ? where y'all want lightskin females o accept some type of responsibility for black men valuing them more than darker skin black women is laughable.

That ain't them hoes fault, it's Y'ALL ? .
  • kliiimaxx
    kliiimaxx Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Another one a these "When a ? can't get ? for ? , he goes off in some ca-ca-? " threads
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ....And women like light skin with green eyes and good hair.

But they never mention that, though.

WTF IS GOOD HAIR BRUH ??? smh

I think it means mixed race hair. It's the only time I've seen them chicks say that ? . You gotta understand, these same women put animal hair in their heads. What makes it good or bad to them is beyond me, though.

But I'll stop just pointing fingers here.

My point is this color struck problem being deeper than just simple attraction.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SnuffDaddy wrote: »
    Act lightskin? You're reaching and doing the same things you're speaking about, but the other way around. What's "acting lightskin"? Don't you see you're doing the same?

So what about all them "you aint really black", "you soft (cuz you lighter)", "blacker the berry the sweeter the juice", amounts of Drake, Chris Brown or whoever else lightskin entertainers get ? on etc etc while all these dark/brown skin chicks be talking & yapping about things they think is THEIR benefit.

So you're looking at it from a biased point my dude.

I'm not reaching at all, actually. I was simply using a colloquial that quite accurately describes a mindset / behavior that is a visible result of colorism. As I said before, acting lightskin is actively seeking to benefit from the ridiculousness that is colorism in the Black community by hiding behind the ignorance the supports it.

And sure, all of the darkskin favoritism is destructive as well, but let's not act like it's as rampant or influential as it's lightskin counterpart. So nah, I wasn't being biased, we just weren't talking about "darksin privilege" in the social spectrum..
  • Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darkskin women are uniquely beautiful with beautiful skin

Put a black jewel amongst jewels of many colors. I bet you'd focus and go for the black one

#winning
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Put a black jewel amongst jewels of many colors. I bet you'd focus and go for the black one

#winning

Co-opting a popularized phrase by a white cokehead LOoooosing
  • Aquafina..floe
    Aquafina..floe Members Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

#winning

quote me again on some dub ? and u gone be buried and thrown away too on that ignore list again

#markmywords

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options

#winning

quote me again on some dub ? and u gone be buried and thrown away too on that ignore list again

#markmywords

Sorry Dro-Misha