Wait - so KRITT is claiming to be KIng of the South now?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • enbo
    enbo Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    Options
    he makes way better music than tip. That's all I know
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you have to constantly say "I am the king", you're really not. Kinda like how Marlo thought his name rang out in baltimore too until he almost got shot by corner kids.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only on the reason would this ? be debatable
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    TI still da kang
    Man, if it wasn't for NYC or LA would Krit even get any pub or major spins? South don't care about Kirt.

the one time he was on NYC radio was 1 Train (ASAP Rocky) and they cut his verse off after the premiere
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So its not wale?
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    TI still da kang
    Man, if it wasn't for NYC or LA would Krit even get any pub or major spins? South don't care about Kirt.

the one time he was on NYC radio was 1 Train (ASAP Rocky) and they cut his verse off after the premiere

He did have the best verse though
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TI still da kang

He did have the longest verse though

• southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    TI still da kang

He did have the longest verse though

Lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wayne really the king if we talking mainstream. Face is overall greatness wise
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is exactly how TI did it in 2005, Ive been hearing a few records that caught my ear and now it feels like there could be momentum behind him. Doubt it'll be like TI cause he really claimed it quick and left little for discussion and then had a mainstream record.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

im from the south and I ? with Krit heavy......but you have a valid point...the south as a whole doesnt ? with him....which for the life of me I cant understand why

It's easy to see why.

i hope this isnt some roundabout way of sayin everyone ONLY supports what u think is wack music down south, if so u off base and u need to worry bout your own region.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant wait till this album drop
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Along with not having the machine, I believe Krit is a guy that doesn't fit the "program". He's the rapper they probably can't control like the others. He seems to listen to what his elders tell him. And pay attention to what they have been through.

I think it's a conscious effort that he doesn't get cooperation from the industry side. Labels know what's going on out here too much to say he's just getting over looked.
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Theres no way you can objectively say he's any threat to Ti at this point. He's never even had a hit. Thats 2 different leagues one of the top international stars who been there for a decade and an underground dude who aint been around as long and is only known in some circles. Personal feelings aside just looking at the stats/facts. Dude would have to make a lot more noise for people to even care or consider it. Show and prove type of thing.

@‌ bolded

TIP wasn't this international superstar you speak of when he was self proclaiming himself the KOTS.

I think the whole "King remembered in time" will be a notion looked upon further down the line. Hence the "i
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K.R.I.T. easily top 10 right now, regardless of Def Jam bullshittin him or even if the "mainstream" doesn't know who he is. Real recognize real
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

im from the south and I ? with Krit heavy......but you have a valid point...the south as a whole doesnt ? with him....which for the life of me I cant understand why

The lack of the machine pushing him.

I love the south, but dammit them ? need to be told how to behave. Its ingrained in them.

So question.

Out of Migos, K-Camp, Future, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, Rae Sremmurd, Snootie Wild, iLoveMakonnen, and Iggy, who has the machine behind? Who doesn't?
  • sr_the_freshman
    Options

I love the south, but dammit them ? need to be told how to behave. Its ingrained in them.

So question.

Out of Migos, K-Camp, Future, Young Thug, Rich Homie Quan, Rae Sremmurd, Snootie Wild, iLoveMakonnen, and Iggy, who has the machine behind? Who doesn't?
    Dont ask stupid questions

Rhetorical question.

I don't believe Krit has an issue with a lack of the machine. The majority of the southern audience simply doesn't support the kind of music he makes. Dude on page 1 has it right

Same problem with guys like Cole, Isiah Rashad, CyHi, even Childish Gambino's weird ass.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So question.

Rhetorical question.

I don't believe Krit has an issue with a lack of the machine. The majority of the southern audience simply doesn't support the kind of music he makes. Dude on page 1 has it right

Same problem with guys like Cole, Isiah Rashad, CyHi, even Childish Gambino's weird ass.

Never. Problem is the machine doesn't push him. I haven't put one person up on KRIT that's been like, "Nah, I'm straight."

From Hometown Hero to Mt. Olympus, every time I jam a KRIT track or guest verse, people start ? with him going forward. I had him jamming over on University of Memphis campus off that Pimps verse alone when everybody was nutriding Future's ? a couple years ago.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So question.

Rhetorical question.

Why'd you group Cole with those guys ?

• sr_the_freshman
    edited November 2014
    Options
    KNiGHTS wrote: »

So question.

Rhetorical question.

Never. Problem is the machine doesn't push him. I haven't put one person up on KRIT that's been like, "Nah, I'm straight."

From Hometown Hero to Mt. Olympus, every time I jam a KRIT track or guest verse, people start ? with him going forward. I had him jamming over on University of Memphis campus off that Pimps verse alone when everybody was nutriding Future's ? a couple years ago.

That's a small sample size fam. The ? / woman you hang with must have exquisite taste, and even with that said, this simply isn't being reflected on a broader scale.

If I'm to believe southern audience as a whole don't support KRIT because there's a lack of inorganic backing or a machine, then the hype surrounding the ? I previously listed must be partially fabricated / machined as well.

@R.D. because he's from Fayetteville, but did not get his buzz down south.