Wait - so KRITT is claiming to be KIng of the South now?

Options
1235»

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    GSonII wrote: »
    His new album is streaming. Krit going to do a career long T.I. tribute by calling himself King of the South. I never really liked the whole King Remembered In Time moniker for the same reason. Seems dude has a secret obsession with T.I.

lol really bruh?

He's a T.I. Stan. Don't mind him
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @sr_the_freshman

? , you don't know jack ? that you be talkin bout, you lightweight obsessed wit the south
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    "Kingofdasouth"

http://youtu.be/08k3XYDhR6s

>>>>>>>>>

"King Of The South"

http://youtu.be/vF9URe04Scw

Two different tones....so I wouldn't even compare songs
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    krit aint even known in his own state how the ? he king of the south
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    tip said he was king of the south when aint nobody know him but pharell.

plus it goes back to what i was sayin earlier, the sip slow and sometimes other states down here to catch on/support they own until everyone else does, sometimes it goes the other way where the artist has enough success to be measured against worldwide ? down here, and the rest of the world slow to catch on
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    krit aint even known in his own state how the ? he king of the south

He is known in a good way by some and in a bad way by others. Some think he is a clone and not that fund of him.
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    @sr_the_freshman

? , you don't know jack ? that you be talkin bout, you lightweight obsessed wit the south

lol emotional, ignorant ? ? . Peezy confirmed wtf I was sayin', whether he wants to say it outright or not. Your feelings are irrelevant.
  • dj pre-k
    dj pre-k Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    In tha words of tha late ? C

"R.I.P. to Robert Davis he tha king of tha south
    Anything else said, need to shut yo ? mouth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpsyTcltOE

His verse on this song speaks truth for the south today, no beef = mo money

but Screw will forever be tha king
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all can't say we don't support our good talent. It can go both ways because if that's the case. Why is NY being represented by Shmurda now?

• OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    tip said he was king of the south when aint nobody know him but pharell.

plus it goes back to what i was sayin earlier, the sip slow and sometimes other states down here to catch on/support they own until everyone else does, sometimes it goes the other way where the artist has enough success to be measured against worldwide ? down here, and the rest of the world slow to catch on

lol you right but to be fareal i aint take that ? serious when tip said it either, i believe thats when i started not likin that ? , like who the ? is this young ass ? to be over lookin all of the heavy hittas that came out the south back then
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I feel like if you callin yourself a "King Remembered In Time" that you have every right to make a claim like that & go up against anybody that dare dispute your claim or is in the way....

Songs like krit and kendrick should go at it then but then again a lot of rappers claim the title of king of something but only a few rappers can actually say it and people agree with it. T.I said his was king no one challenged him and the people went with it just like when Wayne claimed greatest rapper alive no one challenged and people followed. Question is will the people aka fans recognize krit as king of the south or will T.I keep his crown. Y'all got to realize this is for the south so other folks opinions from different regions don't count only the southern fans can crown the king.
  • IAmDopeSmoke
    IAmDopeSmoke Members Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dj pre-k wrote: »
    In tha words of tha late ? C

"R.I.P. to Robert Davis he tha king of tha south
    Anything else said, need to shut yo ? mouth"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgpsyTcltOE

His verse on this song speaks truth for the south today, no beef = mo money

but Screw will forever be tha king

Da king of Houston ya
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cyhi really overrated . I see why he doesn't have an album out

Word, so is big sean that much nicer than him? cause that ? ass ? is going on his third album already
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Y'all can't say we don't support our good talent. It can go both ways because if that's the case. Why is NY being represented by Shmurda now?

Cosign, Its not a regional thing. I think this whole not supporting the best talent is hip hop in a whole, not just the south
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yall gonna strongly disagree but I think if KRIT was on MMG or GOOD Music he'd get that machine push behind him and would be selling records out the ass. I think KRIT is amazing and has unlimited potential, but I also think he needs help making definitive hit records. Those artists, like Rick Ross and Kanye West could guarantee his those hit records. The latter could open him up to a very wide audience and sound.

Nope

Stalley getting no real push
    Omarion is a Love & Hip Hop star
    Meek in jail, Wale should be shining right now

Meek has a lot of hit records tho, Wale has sold very well has hit records & Stalley is more well known now than he was 6 months ago.

With Omarion, I think ppl forget how huge B2K was, he should have had a career like Usher's but label issues are to blame with that, then the Chris Stokes ? & him falling back when Marques Houston was blowin up, I felt that hurt him. He should have been a ? star tho.

Say what you will but bottom line is Rick Ross is a genius & knows how to bring out potential. I think with Ross' genius for marketing, indie grind and ear for beats would be really good traits for KRIT to pick up. He'd get that radio push he needs and the definitive hit records. We know that Wale will eventually go off on his own but I really think he could do for KRIT what he did with Wale and do it even better.

Well the main reason Omarion never really blew is because he's not that good of a singer. ? is a talented dancer but his voice was never his selling point. ? had background singers singing just as much as he did on his debut album lol
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Scarface was never the king. EVER just like how Nas isn't KONY
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cosign, Its not a regional thing. I think this whole not supporting the best talent is hip hop in a whole, not just the south

I believe the machine have a big part in it too.

I look at Iggy for example. This ? performing on American Talent & ? with a flop album
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I look at Iggy for example. This ? performing on American Talent & ? with a flop album

Word is bond, yall have got to wake up. Records sales don't mean ? . These so called artists are nothing but salesmen and the record labels are looking to make bank off of endorsement deals. You have to look at this as a pie chart. Records sales are only a portion of what will make the company and salesman money.

Consider this?

Azalea has just landed a cameo appearance in the upcoming action flick "Fast and the Furious 7." She has also been selected as the host of MTV House of Style which will air from Aug. 4 until Aug. 24. Azalea will also be heading the cast of Budweiser's Made in America Festival and iHeartRadio Festival in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, respectively. Billboard stated that Azalea's "unprecedented success as a female rapper and growing clout on tour suggest a promising future."

Azalea is likely to earn as much as $5 million in 2014, Billboard further reported and she could make more money if she gets recruited for the right endorsement deal. Ryan Schinman, founder and chief executive of Platinum Rye Entertainment said that Azalea is the most inquired-about music artist nowadays. Forbes reported that Platinum Rye Entertainment is the biggest broker of recording artists, sport personalities, models, and other celebrities for advertising campaigns and promotional events in the entire world.

Best believe her label gets a cut.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Yall gonna strongly disagree but I think if KRIT was on MMG or GOOD Music he'd get that machine push behind him and would be selling records out the ass. I think KRIT is amazing and has unlimited potential, but I also think he needs help making definitive hit records. Those artists, like Rick Ross and Kanye West could guarantee his those hit records. The latter could open him up to a very wide audience and sound.

Nope

Stalley getting no real push
    Omarion is a Love & Hip Hop star
    Meek in jail, Wale should be shining right now

Meek has a lot of hit records tho, Wale has sold very well has hit records & Stalley is more well known now than he was 6 months ago.

With Omarion, I think ppl forget how huge B2K was, he should have had a career like Usher's but label issues are to blame with that, then the Chris Stokes ? & him falling back when Marques Houston was blowin up, I felt that hurt him. He should have been a ? star tho.

Say what you will but bottom line is Rick Ross is a genius & knows how to bring out potential. I think with Ross' genius for marketing, indie grind and ear for beats would be really good traits for KRIT to pick up. He'd get that radio push he needs and the definitive hit records. We know that Wale will eventually go off on his own but I really think he could do for KRIT what he did with Wale and do it even better.

Well the main reason Omarion never really blew is because he's not that good of a singer. ? is a talented dancer but his voice was never his selling point. ? had background singers singing just as much as he did on his debut album lol

?

He had a run then fell back a while

MMG dropped the ball when M.I.A came out
  • nillerthekid
    nillerthekid Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Word is bond, yall have got to wake up. Records sales don't mean ? . These so called artists are nothing but salesmen and the record labels are looking to make bank off of endorsement deals. You have to look at this as a pie chart. Records sales are only a portion of what will make the company and salesman money.

Consider this?

Azalea has just landed a cameo appearance in the upcoming action flick "Fast and the Furious 7." She has also been selected as the host of MTV House of Style which will air from Aug. 4 until Aug. 24. Azalea will also be heading the cast of Budweiser's Made in America Festival and iHeartRadio Festival in Los Angeles and Las Vegas, respectively. Billboard stated that Azalea's "unprecedented success as a female rapper and growing clout on tour suggest a promising future."

Azalea is likely to earn as much as $5 million in 2014, Billboard further reported and she could make more money if she gets recruited for the right endorsement deal. Ryan Schinman, founder and chief executive of Platinum Rye Entertainment said that Azalea is the most inquired-about music artist nowadays. Forbes reported that Platinum Rye Entertainment is the biggest broker of recording artists, sport personalities, models, and other celebrities for advertising campaigns and promotional events in the entire world.

Best believe her label gets a cut.

You pretty much just described how the machine is pushing her