How Real Is, This [2014-2015 Brooklyn Nets Thread]

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Beta and his attempts at trolling are always cringeworthy.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    we're awful right now

we need to get up for tomorrow's game against the Bucks, wit you know who coming back to town
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    so many bad losses to start the year off smh
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The AK situation is a shame I was hoping he'd have a better year.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    He was such a big asset for us last season. The whole Kidd situation really hurt this team. And I'm pressed to say I think we need to move Lopez.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    WE RUN NY!!!

And I only say that cause that 50 year old "but but I'm an old ? so ima flag you cause you disagree with me" will probably be lurkin in here after tonight's NETS win.

Terrible win by the way, Nets should have beaten them by 20+
    This team is comical, cant sustain solid defense if their livelihoods depended on it.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    I'm just glad we got the win, if we would've blown that game smh I would've been extremely ?

Joe had a great second half, he was very active on both sides of the court
  • Heavy In The Game
    edited December 2014
    Options
    we beat the champs.......good ?

why can't we play well for 48 mins tho smh

Mirza was great tonight, 26 and 15

he had a double double at halftime

we won 2 straight, a step in the right direction at least
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    This team can't put opponents away and that's an issue. That game should have been over on 3 different occasions. Again their 3 PT defense is atrocious. But we beat a great team last nite so let's see if that sparks a little run
  • MaddRapper
    MaddRapper Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Had look at deep bottoms of the abyss to find this struggle thread
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    MaddRapper wrote: »
    Had look at deep bottoms of the abyss to find this struggle thread

Had to look at the deep bottoms of the abyss to find the Knicks in the standings

668597.gif
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Lmaooo yo this KNick fan set herself up. The best thing about @MaddRapper 's post was that she steered clear of posting in the Knicks thread =))
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I'm all for trading Brook Lopez that dude doesnt help this team at all. Its been more than enough time to get rid of him.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Yo quietly the Nets have won something like 5 of 6, wit a trap game tonight against Orlando. They have 3 tough games coming up with very winnable games in btw.

I loved what Hollins has done. And I love the fact they are playing better at the expense of Williams & Brook who are coming off the bench. Keep them there. They obviously have shown they can't contribute as starters.
    Plumlee has finally got his groove back. And that Karsav
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    karasev* dude is actually legit. He's been starting for the last 11 games. I think this team could finally make a nice push.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    ? mobile. Anyways I hope Brook keeps this play up so we can trade him.
    Someone's gotta go btw him and Deron. At this point it doesn't matter but I'm guessing he would pose more "valuable"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't agree with trading Brook. 7 footers with Lopez's skill set don't grow on trees.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Poor rebounding, lackadaisical defense and slow pace have been Brooklyn's most evident issues. Consequently, those are Brook's biggest criticisms. He has regular season talent.

We're better off shipping Lopez to get us a quick, athletic shooting guard that can drive to the rim. Deron is no longer a threat on the drive to make the defense collapse. Also I think Dwill would benefit from having a SG that likes to play at a quicker pace, I feel that Joe Johnson's slowness is kind of hindering how Dwill wants to play. I wouldn't mind trading JJ also for some speed. We don't really get any "easy baskets".

Out of the 3 i think Deron should be kept. He's not as swift as he used to be and seemingly reluctant to shoot 3s off the dribble like he used to. But he still has one of the best court visions in the league and knows how to run an offense. I also think we can see more from him on the defensive side. Best thing this team can do for right now is get an athletic wing that likes to run and play aggressive defense.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I agree with most of what you said. But in order for me to say "lets keep Deron and ship Johnson" Deron has to prove he can start and be productive. Right now, he's better off the bench IMO. Also, if we was to trade JJ, the Nets would have to pick up a serviceable big man to come off the bench along with that quick 2 guard.

But one thing I disagree with is the "We Dont need easy baskets"
    If we dont have Joe, who the hell is getting buckets?
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Think you read that wrong. I said we don't really get any easy baskets. By that I mean transition points, blow-by layups, ? like that which is virtually uncontested. Because of the pace we play at we pretty much don't get those. Add that to the fact we don't really fight for extra possessions makes it so we have to be efficient with each possession we do have.

I like JJ and think we can still use him but at the same time dude is slow AF. Transition offense & defense with him is non-existent. His pick and roll game doesn't really bring much to the table. He has no hustle. & he doesn't come around on off the ball screens as quick as other 2 guards in the league. I think between him and Lopez is the reason we always seem to fall into ISO heavy play and become stagnant. I wouldn't be mad if we shipped all 3 but if we keep at least one I think Deron would fit best in a younger, more uptempo team.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    Keep it 100 with yall though, these two seasons are a wash. We'll have to regather ourselves in 2016 when the cap space comes in.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Basically. They will be criminally bad next season. I actually do hope we trade JJ I wouldnt wanna see him wasting what he has left over here.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brook might get traded, seeing as how Murda Mase has been really balling. Easily Top 4 center in the East now.
  • Heavy In The Game
    Options
    on the low we've been winning lately, we're finally at .500

ever since we moved to Brooklyn, we've started the season slow and had great second halfs (after the All-Star break)

funny thing is this year is probably our best start lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    No its not, its just as mediocre as the start in our inaugural season.