IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Humus and broccoli or carrots a good little healthy snack I been messing with lately
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know im not eating enough

i just dont know what to eat

im trying to get in at least 2 more meals in the day. I'm already doing a shake as a meal, but im trying to find something to snack on at least thats high in protein, low carb, and non dairy

was thinking about jerky, but the sodium content in that is crazy. and Jerky can get expensive if you not making your own
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

im trying to get in at least 2 more meals in the day. I'm already doing a shake as a meal, but im trying to find something to snack on at least thats high in protein, low carb, and non dairy

was thinking about jerky, but the sodium content in that is crazy. and Jerky can get expensive if you not making your own

peanuts and raisins b
  • AP21
    Options

peanuts and raisins b

raisins got too much sugar mayne lol

i'ma have to start back buying peanuts. I can eat an entire container in one sitting

but i like the mixed nuts that Target sales in a bad, but that ? like $6 a bag and the bag dont even be all the way full

why tf are almonds so damn expensive? LAWD
  • AP21
    Options

Make your own jerky. Go up to World Market and buy a food dehydrator

gon look into this

bout to go to youtube to see how its done

preciate it
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or just go to Costo and buy the box of 20 for $10.
  • AP21
    Options
    awww ? ...

might give this a try this weekend

https://youtu.be/T4IDl0ywnIs
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This. Ive been making my own Jerky every few months and the ? is DELICIOUS. Best jerky ever. Tender af. 90% of store bought Jerky is loaded with Sugar too, so not that great.

Besides Jerky, a lot of my snacks are Pumpkin Seeds, Almonds (blue diamond makes a ton of great flavored almonds), Cheese, and Peanuts.

Also cheesewiches. Just 2 slices of cheese with a thick slice of salami in the center. Pork Rinds as well are good w/ Guacomole.

Honestly i dont eat all that much. May be part of my diet, the high fat keeps me full for forever. I usually always skip breakfast besides a protein shake. Then have a couple hard boiled eggs and slices of bacon a couple hours after gym. I usually have a big lunch that i meal prep on sundays for the week, one of the lunches is probably a good 1000 calories, not certain how much exactly though, but after eating one of my lunches im ? stuffed until i get home from 2nd Gym session and i usually pass out around 9pm so dont really have time to cook anything for dinner, then repeat the next day.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Oooh another snack ive been doing that has been ? awesome is Celery w/ Almond Butter. ? delicious.

Or some veggies w/ Ranch or blue cheese.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Quest Bars are awesome as well. High Protein, and very low in Net Carbs. I think most bars are only 3 Net Carbs. Lots of good flavors too.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A good alternative sweetener for oatmeal is honey, and if it's still too boring for you put some dried cranberries, and coconut flakes in it.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

peanuts and raisins b

raisins got too much sugar mayne lol

i'ma have to start back buying peanuts. I can eat an entire container in one sitting

but i like the mixed nuts that Target sales in a bad, but that ? like $6 a bag and the bag dont even be all the way full

why tf are almonds so damn expensive? LAWD

i looked at almonds a couple of months ago i was like damn im better of buying ? ... and i dont do drugs this bag was like 12
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ap currently at your fitness level I would suggest just eating right.

Its once you start OD'ing on fitness is when you need L-Glutamine and Creatine.

I personally dont think its time yet.

Maybe the creatine yeah, but not the L-Glutamine.

preciate you, @wmj710, and @lou_cypher for the insight...thats all i was looking for

This ? here....
  • Lurkristocrat
    edited September 2017
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Humus and broccoli or carrots a good little healthy snack I been messing with lately

Smoked paprika humus wit jalapeno and chedder bread>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • AP21
    Options
    Ap currently at your fitness level I would suggest just eating right.

Its once you start OD'ing on fitness is when you need L-Glutamine and Creatine.

I personally dont think its time yet.

Maybe the creatine yeah, but not the L-Glutamine.

preciate you, @wmj710, and @lou_cypher for the insight...thats all i was looking for

This ? here....

brah, you said

"? that ? " and "eat healthy food"

that aint no insight lol
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • AP21
    Options
    ikr

he the allergens of this thread
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    I climb down stairs, ? you listening to me for?
  • AP21
    Options
    WHY DID YOU EVEN ANSWER THEN?!?!
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    WHY DID YOU EVEN ANSWER THEN?!?!

tenor.gif
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Also, ive birthed a couple ? posting styles but i dont say ? ....
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    No you didnt lurk