The Iggy/Azealia/TI/Eminem/QTip/Lupe/Migos/Ross/Gucci/Coontastic Mega Thread

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I haven't seen where she's ever given a reasonable explanation for her stance. She seems to basically just like calling Iggy a culture vulture and TI a ? for supporting Iggy. *shrugs* I haven't followed this all that closely though. Maybe she's written some more poignant ? that I haven't seen.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I guess I can put TI on the Don Lemon Uncle Tom list.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is anyone really surprise TI wouldn't defend Iggy?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That one tweet Azelea had about TIP was hilarious.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like how what tip wrote was so effective all t.i. could basically say was "iggy you should listen to your friend q-tip... he's trying to help you out"
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't see what's the problem Banks said. I agree with her 100%
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    ? _Lyfe wrote: »
    I haven't seen where she's ever given a reasonable explanation for her stance. She seems to basically just like calling Iggy a culture vulture and TI a ? for supporting Iggy. *shrugs* I haven't followed this all that closely though. Maybe she's written some more poignant ? that I haven't seen.

Any ? who supports a white woman who said she was a runaway slave master is a ? . Period.

That's common sense ? .

That's another issue completely. You want to say the chick is a racist and TI is ? for supporting a racist, fine. But right now, they are discussing Azelia's belief that any and every white person doing Hip Hop should be attacked and any person down with a white artist is a ? . No, she has not provided a reasonable explanation why that's true. And No, TI being wrong in one instance doesn't make him automatically wrong in this instance.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any ? who supports a white woman who said she was a runaway slave master is a ? . Period.

That's common sense ? .

That's another issue completely. You want to say the chick is a racist and TI is ? for supporting a racist, fine. But right now, they are discussing Azelia's belief that any and every white person doing Hip Hop should be attacked and any person down with a white artist is a ? . No, she has not provided a reasonable explanation why that's true. And No, TI being wrong in one instance doesn't make him automatically wrong in this instance.

That's not what she's saying though. That's just what you want to pretend she's saying so you can make your little points.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »

That's common sense ? .

That's not what she's saying though. That's just what you want to pretend she's saying so you can make your little points.

I'm not pretending anything. Like I said, I haven't followed closely, so if she has some posts where she dropped some real knowledge, then post them and I'll give her due credit. But from what I've seen, lately, she's just been lumping all white artists in the same category and accusing them of stealing black culture.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm switching to country music and see how much white people like it. Im destroying that ? .
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where's the thread/story abo Q Tip's tweets??
    @IGGYAZALEA HipHop is a artistic and socio-political movement/culture that sprang from the disparate ghettos of NY in the early 70's

— QTip (@QtipTheAbstract) December 20, 2014" alt="">

@IGGYAZALEA Coming off the heels of the CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT and approaching the end of the Vietnam war it was a crossroads 4 America

@IGGYAZALEA specially for blacks in the US our neighborhoods were PROLIFERATED w/a rush of HEROINE

@IGGYAZALEA our school systems here in NY dungeon traps with light for learning

@IGGYAZALEA blk men some of whom didn't return from tours of duty n the ones who did came w/war baggage (agent orange, addiction, ect..)

@IGGYAZALEA these men had families but due to these events and throw into the mix the public emasculation...

@IGGYAZALEA they proved to be handicapped parents. The surrogate parents? The STREETS

@IGGYAZALEA the streets of gangs, crimes, and the hustlers coddled us and swept us up

@IGGYAZALEA but! Being a spirited, rhythmic & expressive people music art dance outlined our existence

@IGGYAZALEA it proved a way for us to exhault to scream to dance to laugh and find OUR VOICE

@IGGYAZALEA we weren't at the time skilled musicians as kids. We had records, turntables, ideas and INGENUITY

@IGGYAZALEA being natural chemist we took from whatever was availed to us and we created something mighty and special

@IGGYAZALEA we cut breakbeats back n forth we took a hybrid of Jamaican toasting along w/ radio ? rap( hank Spann, Gary Byrd, ect.) and

@IGGYAZALEA we put our rap down..

@IGGYAZALEA it was a neighborhood thing really. Black and Latino Kids were carving out their space and it became infectious

@IGGYAZALEA eventually Keith Cowboy coined the phrase hiphop . Yrs later the first rap record was recorded and now we r moving

@IGGYAZALEA but during these strides this country still had the monster of racism and racial insensitivity breathing and ruling

@IGGYAZALEA believe it or not young black n Latino lives specifically weren't acknowledged in mainstream American culture unless Ofcourse..

@IGGYAZALEA the convo was abt gangs , being criminals or uneducated. And hey! Like I stated early our families were rushed our schools

@IGGYAZALEA sucked and we were left to put devices to survive

@IGGYAZALEA but HIPHOP showed that we had DEPTH, fire, and BRILLANCE

@IGGYAZALEA the music was undeniable! It moved from NY N became national and even GLOBAL

@IGGYAZALEA hiphop now was FOR EVERYBODY!! All of those who cld relate to the roots, the spirit, the history, the energy.. It reached YOU

@IGGYAZALEA it touched your spirit n took u up. We magnetized you! That's what BRILLANCE does

@IGGYAZALEA now u are fulfilling your dreams ... BUT!

@IGGYAZALEA you have to take into account the HISTORY as you move underneath the banner of hiphop. As I said before

@IGGYAZALEA hiphop is fun it's vile it's dance it's traditional it's light hearted but 1 thing it can never detach itself from

@IGGYAZALEA is being a SOCIO-Political movement. U may ask why ... Well

@IGGYAZALEA once you are born black your existence I believe is joined with socio-political epitaph and philos

@IGGYAZALEA based on the tangled and treacherous history SLAVERY alone this is the case

@IGGYAZALEA it never leaves our conversation... Ever. WeAther in our universities our dinner tables our studios or jail cells

@IGGYAZALEA the effects still resononates with us. It hurts... We get emotional and angry and melancholy

@IGGYAZALEA did u know president Clinton was the ONLY PRESIDENT to apologize for it?

@IGGYAZALEA did u know that remnants of slavery exist today thru white privilege? When certain "niceties" r extended your way because of

@IGGYAZALEA how u look? Isn't that crazy? I say this 2 say u are a hiphop artist who has the right 2 express herself however she wishes

@IGGYAZALEA this is not a chastisement this is not admonishment at ALL this is just one artist reaching to another hoping to spark insight

@IGGYAZALEA into the field you r in. I say this in the spirit of a hopeful healthy dialogue that maybe one day we can continue

@IGGYAZALEA I've been on twitter a long time and this will probably be my last series of tweets pretty much but

@IGGYAZALEA I'm Kool with it as long as I got to share this w u. Zzzzzzz's up! Peace!

My problem with all that is hip hop has been a ? . By our own people. So it aint really fair to call out Iggy when others are making bullshyt thats just as damning. Vanilla Ice existed but never took over b/c hip hop was authentic and he couldnt possibly take over while real dudes in that era made music. There was a clear disctnction between posers and the real

But Iggy is such a "threat" now b/c hip hop is a ? and it's legs are open for the taking. There is no more disticntion. Anybody can make a fuking 'in love with the coco' so tha ? kinda sense does it make to say someone is stealing that

Oh and speaking of which! Qtip just dropped a mixtape with Busta, who is a dear friend of his....i wonder if Tip has given that same lesson to Busta or Genasis?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options

That's common sense ? .

I thought this was about her issues with TI? You are speaking on another issue completely. She was probably being hyperbolic, but people like Action Bronson and the typical contempt crackers show for our culture didn't help her feelings. Her issue with TI specifically started when she went at Iggy for the run away slave master line and co-opting the culture with her fake accent and ghetto ways. TI actually went at her instead of letting females tussle it out. So basically all that you are saying about crackers in the industry has nothing to do with her comments regarding TI and Iggy. Q-Tip actually got bought into it because yet again another white person was marginalizing our culture at the chance to take an easy swipe at Banks..
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2014
    Options

That's common sense ? .

I'm not pretending anything. Like I said, I haven't followed closely, so if she has some posts where she dropped some real knowledge, then post them and I'll give her due credit. But from what I've seen, lately, she's just been lumping all white artists in the same category and accusing them of stealing black culture.

? do i look like the dewey decimal system? If you care enough to compose a response to some ? you admittedly aren't familiar with maybe you should channel that energy into getting all the info before spouting off?

Just a suggestion.

So basically, you're claiming that I'm wrong, but it's my job to research and find why you believe I'm wrong. Ok, that makes sense. I'll pass cause debates and discussions don't work like that. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Gotdamn u pseudo ? intellectuals will argue anything

Whose dumber? The people arguing this ? or the idiot that actually thinks this is an "intellectual" discussion. It's just people wasting time by discussing silly internet ? . Nothing more nothing less.
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JUST LIKE DAVID BANNER SAID...

"HIPHOP (black music) IS THE ONLY GENERE OF MUSIC THAT ANOTHER RACE CAN COME IN SOOO EASILY AND DOMINATE WITHOUT THAT PERSON GETTING CHECKED..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DRO_BANKS wrote: »
    JUST LIKE DAVID BANNER SAID...

"HIPHOP (black music) IS THE ONLY GENERE OF MUSIC THAT ANOTHER RACE CAN COME IN SOOO EASILY AND DOMINATE WITHOUT THAT PERSON GETTING CHECKED..

Yeah, cause it's not like the exact same thing happened with Jazz, Country, Rock, and pretty much every other form of American music. As a matter of fact, Hip Hop is probably the only genre where there was an actual backlash against that happening.

If you feel that way, then why do you seem to think the discussion of the white invasion isn't an intellectual discussion? It may have taken longer, but it is happening to hiphop too.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall ? need to get over Iggy, one white ? its not gonna destroy or save hip hop.

Only ? and white woman buy her music, they werent gonna buy no J Cole or some other ? like that anyways.

Same ? threads everyday