Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    matt2 wrote: »
    Rickon has been the most irrelevant character on the show. I hope they didn't just decide to wait 6 seasons to give him a storyline

I forgot that ? existed until dude marched him in, took the hood off his head and mentioned his name.

I recognized the Wildling chick before Rickon.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    matt2 wrote: »
    Rickon has been the most irrelevant character on the show. I hope they didn't just decide to wait 6 seasons to give him a storyline

I forgot that ? existed until dude marched him in, took the hood off his head and mentioned his name.

I recognized the Wildling chick before Rickon.

Rickon gonna be played by more actors than Spider from the wire
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    I don't know how many people know but the last two books were basically the same time period for different sets of characters. Basically GRRM has so many storylines going on the he can't even tell them all in one book anymore. We're starting to see that with the show too. I think last year was fine, but now it seems they are expanding even more with this season. The cost of that is that no storyline gets very much development from episode to episode. I hope they don't write themselves into a problem.

Nah I disagree, we got character and story development over the last 5 seasons LOLOL. I think the show has deviated from the books and is much more smoother in direction. They could end game of thrones in one more season. Nothing is confusing and everything has tied in quite nicely (Rickon/Ramsay arc, Jon Snow/Bran) everything is coming full circle at last this season. You have things characters did over the seasons finally catching up to them or others finally "figuring it out". This is perhaps the best season since season 3 or 4.

I would agree with you up until this season. They had a good balance last season, and now some that is expanding. I'm not saying they can't tie it altogether, but we're already starting to see where some episodes don't address some plot lines at all because it's not possible to squeeze everything into one episode. That's never really been true before.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They could easily tie it all together if they didn't have ? scenes like Tyrion talking to Missande and Grey Worm about ? patrol and drinking.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Interesting fan theory from this podcast I listen to. Basically, Jon coming back is an affront to the many faced ? and Arya will be assigned to correcting this death/life imbalance by killing Jon for good. She'll then either accept that she is no one or she reverts to Arya.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starting to feel like motherfuckas forgetting the zombies is going to play a huuuuuuuuuuge part later on ? so caught up in bs ? zombies are going to be in kings landing next episode
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Starting to feel like motherfuckas forgetting the zombies is going to play a huuuuuuuuuuge part later on ? so caught up in bs ? zombies are going to be in kings landing next episode

I remember in the trailer one of them ? grabbed Bran like a hoe in the club. That's the scene I'm waiting on. I wanna see how that go down...

I think thats the scene where we find out what the ? they actually want...cuz them ? can chill in Antartica for the rest of time for all i care
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting fan theory from this podcast I listen to. Basically, Jon coming back is an affront to the many faced ? and Arya will be assigned to correcting this death/life imbalance by killing Jon for good. She'll then either accept that she is no one or she reverts to Arya.

That would be stupid as ? ? . I really hope that's not true.

The many face ? can eat a ? ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another theory I read somewhere is that Melisandre is a many faced assassin....
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »

That would be stupid as ? ? . I really hope that's not true.

The many face ? can eat a ? ?

The Red ? is all that matters
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here is what I think is going to happen:
    In the book Ramsay marries fake Arya. Jon sends Mance Rayder and some spearwives to Winterfell acting as a troupe to recover who Jon thinks is Arya. Also, Stannis is marching towards Winterfell in some heavy snow drifts. Fake Arya escapes with Reek (Theon) with the help of the spearwives, Ramsay figures out who Mance is and sends a letter to Jon taunting him that he has killed Stannis, is holding Mance and tells Jon that if he wants Mance to come get him. He also makes other demands to Jon about all of the people he wants either returned or turned over to him. When Jon announces the he is prepared to ride to Winterfell and gets stabbed by his men and "dies." In the show Jon has been resurrected, and we have no reason to think that won't happen in the books as well. Even though the show does some things different, I don't believe they are trying to drastically change anything that Martin has done or plans to do that is tantamount to the actual story and key characters.

Even though they get here in different ways, I think the books and shows are going to align at this point. Jon is going to leave the wall (like he did in the show) and be free to lead a host of wildlings against Ramsay. The northern houses will join Jon's cause because really, none of them want to be under Bolton control. They all know that the Bolton's have a history of being sadistic and torturous and that even though Roose isn't so much, he hasn't done much to control Ramsay. Of course in the show Roose is dead anyway so Ramsay can do what he wants, which would further make no one want to be under their rule. The northern houses aren't idiots. They are going to do just enough to placate the Boltons until it is time to strike. When Jon rides in, they will side with Jon and kick all kinds of Bolton ass to reclaim the north.
  • King of GA
    Options
    Yeah, it's possible that even Bloodraven doesn't know the full extent of Bran's capabilities...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/j92YyThRBXM

Game of Thrones has the funniest looking white people on Earth.

They must have combed idaho, utah, and montanna to find crackers this uniquely ugly. Damn.

Idaho?? not so much..
    but Utah got some ? bruh..

they also have a concentrated ? population. and yall know how i feel about ? ? !!? LAAAAWD!!!

Montana?? i was jus told i need to get my ass over there..

Well...those are three states Ill never be in....but good luck bruh.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yoooo I was thinking about the bran ? , IDGAF, Ned heard him. I think Bran can impact the past somehow. So here's my theory it's NOT A SPOILER but I've been on a roll with predictions so I put it in a spoiler just case:
    What if Bran can impact the past and maybe just before Hodor gets hit or whatever Bran yells "Hodor!" and so now that's the only thing he remembers ? They said the mad king was hearing voices and it drove him mad so what if maybe Bran was trying to stop the mad king and the "voices" the mad king is hearing all this time are in fact Bran's ??? Think about it yall !!! Ned Stark heard him in the flashback there's gotta be more to what Bran can do which might be why they old dude keeps telling him about staying too long..

^^^ I'd like the book readers opinion on this too I think I'm on to something

Lol

You've been lurking on Reddit for theories?

https://m.reddit.com/r/gameofthrones/comments/4ihcne/everything_what_could_bran_screw_up_altering_the/

Doubt it though...at least I hope it's not true

Its already been established Targaryens carry the trait for insanity in its bloodline...

The 3 eyed raven also said something to the effect that the "the ink is already dry" in regards the past. Otherwise I think he would've expressed to Bran the extent of his powers at that very moment rather then risk the chance of Bran accidentally ending the world

My take is that Bran was so emerged in the vision the world that what he was seeing was becoming real to him...Ned turning his head was a product of Brans mind

Also smh@ Rhaegar...Bruh first named Lyanna the" queen of love and beauty" in front of his wife...then he later left his wife and children for Lyanna, possibly having kidnapped her...then sent the best swordsman in the kingdom to protect not his family but rather his side chick who he had hidden away... I'm late but that was some scumbag ? lol

Dayum good coincidence I don't ? with reddit but dayum :+1:

I think the tree ? is right but lets not underestimate Bran's powers... In the trailer King Cold grabbed him, that means he can impact some things. They now know there's an outsider aware of them and their plans. How long till they figure out he's a relative of Jon Snow the same dude that posted up on them.....

Yea

Lol@ tree ?

The "tree ? " may have never encountered someone like Bran

King Cold is practically ? status himself so anything is possible

Wouldn't be the greatest direction for the show imho though
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Is there a trailer for ep 4?
  • King of GA
    Options
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKbmVlJJ4c

@1:20 those are Tyrell troops at the High Septon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

@0:56 looks like the Targaryens have a red woman now, my ? is she ? SEXY

@0:59 Those are Lannister troops hhmmm and @1:10 looks like Jaime rallied the troops to get rid of the High Septon ?

I also think the white walkers have reached the wall from the trailers.... why would someone throw down fire ? Has to be...

@1:31 lookin like the Mountain rips off homie's head.....

Good Catch on that Red Woman!
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the theory is correct and Jon Snow is Rhaegar's son..since he wasn't married to Lyanna doesn't that make Jon a Blackfyre and not a Targaryen? Aren't Targaryen ? Blackfyres?
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    If the theory is correct and Jon Snow is Rhaegar's son..since he wasn't married to Lyanna doesn't that make Jon a Blackfyre and not a Targaryen? Aren't Targaryen ? Blackfyres?

I thought it was where u were born not family name

Ramsay was a Snow just like Jon cuz he was born in the North
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching these flashbacks just make me want to see the prequel series that much more. I know it's years away, but I can't wait to see who they cast for those roles, especially the Mad King.

Khaleesi Scene A

[Khaleesi in trouble]

[Jorah as white man figures out how to infiltrate foreign city of brown people and ? dozens of trained soliders within the hour]

Khaleesi Scene B

[Danerys in trouble]

[When all hope is lost Drogon comes at last second}

Khaleesi Scene C

[Khaleesi is outmatched outnumbered by smarter leader and stronger army, with no right to anything and no tactical advantage]

"i am the mother of dragons ...."

*everyone quivers*
    I feel like they shouldve gave Daenerys the Bran treatment and just completely left her out of one of the last seasons or just said ? chronological order and not bring her in til season 2/3. 6 seasons and this ? STILL hasn't crossed the Narrow Sea? She's spent the last 3 seasons building an army, having love/hate relationships with her dragons and getting lost in subplots away from the iron throne. Jon Snow has too, but at least his have been entertaining and include the white walkers who are making their way further South. She's been playing Captain Save-A-Slave for too long. She's got a few decent storylines, but it's been dragging since season 4.

Will Munny wrote: »
    If its a set-up for Ramsay, he'll sniff it out right when we think he's about to the L. Ramsay doesn't take Ls in this show.

I feel like I wanna cheer for winners, and lets be real, the Starks have been ? losers since the first episode. I still hate the Lannisters cause of the ? and faggotry, but I'm actually pulling for Ramsay Bolton to remain warden of the North.

There's 1 and 2/3 season left, there just isn't enough time in this show for the Starks to accumulate enough Wins to really ever be relevant again. Winter has been coming for 6 seasons now, so you know that isn't enough time for Starks to get more than just 1 or 2 wins. The remaining Starks are basically the last of a dying breed, like the last few dodo birds before they got stomped out of existence.
    There's a lot of irony in the Stark banner being a wolf's head cause the Starks and dire wolf's alike been getting decapitated left a right.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    J. Will wrote: »

I thought it was where u were born not family name

Ramsay was a Snow just like Jon cuz he was born in the North

Right..I may be off geographically but is the Tower of Joy in the north? Isn't the ? last name dependent on the father? If he wouldn't be a blackfyre then what are the last names of the ? of Valaryia?