The Mask You Live In (a study of masculinity) (trailer)

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• jono
    Options
    Like the emotions you feel when you watched it? If you want folks to think logically start with yourself first.

They explained alot in 3 minutes.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Like the emotions you feel when you watched it? If you want folks to think logically start with yourself first.

They explained alot in 3 minutes.

Videos like this is trying to get rid of alpha males.

Documentaries/ movies/ books all that preach stuff like this is bad IMO

It's making us go against our natural programming as a males.

IMO.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    "Alpha males"? Lol ? who get in their feelings over 3 minute videos are hardly alpha males. Y'all don't even know what that means.

Typical inferiority complex stuff so far.

Any one else want to actually argue against what's being said here?

Really?

Those 3 minutes was more then enough For me to make a Rebuttal for what they were saying.

It's alpha males in every walk of life/work.

From construction to politics from Sports to working at a call center.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Propaganda. There is definitely a war on masculinity and it's called feminism. Most of these boys are just reacting to an increasingly feminized school system that tries to breed any and all aggressiveness out of them so that they can grow up to become good worker drones. Most male mammals are naturally aggressive when challenged

I read a cracked article that had a study in it which showed that women prefer more feminine traits in men when they are pregnant. The interesting thing, is that being on the pill essentially fools the brain into thinking a woman is pregnant. Considering the prevalence of that form of birth control I wonder if this is what is driving the movement. Birth control and feminism do go hand in hand.

What's really weird, is there is some anecdotal evidence of women being with less manly dudes, going off the pill, then being totally unattracted to the feminine dudes they're with
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    the mask is there for a reason and should stay, the kind of masculinity these people are against is childish masculinity, undeveloped masculinity. It is a needed part stop on the journey to manhood and full masculinity some won't make it but the weak perish that's the all pervading law of nature.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    the mask is there for a reason and should stay, the kind of masculinity these people are against is childish masculinity, undeveloped masculinity. It is a needed part stop on the journey to manhood and full masculinity some won't make it but the weak perish that's the all pervading law of nature.

the ? are u talkin about??!
    u sound dumb as hell..
  • zombie
    Options

the ? are u talkin about??!
    u sound dumb as hell..

it's not my fault you are to stupid to understand what i am saying
  • CapitalB
    Options
  • jono
    Options
    i really dont see nothin wrong with whats bein said in the clip..

all that macho hyper masculinity ? we've been taught since youth has done what good for us?? its been to our own detriment if anything...

nothin's wrong wit allowin a boy to feel human.. humans have emotions.. we shouldbt be teaching them to hide or neglect their feelings but to control them..

Much respect.

The italicized is ridiculous. The rest is quite on point. It is childish.
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    "Alpha males"? Lol ? who get in their feelings over 3 minute videos are hardly alpha males. Y'all don't even know what that means.

Typical inferiority complex stuff so far.

Any one else want to actually argue against what's being said here?

Really?

Those 3 minutes was more then enough For me to make a Rebuttal for what they were saying.

It's alpha males in every walk of life/work.

From construction to politics from Sports to working at a call center.

You are talking about something irrelevant. That's how I know you don't know what it means. It's not relevant to this discussion.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options

So what's weak about not being prideful, defensive, and over the top?
    Because that's what many young boys are brainwashed into being.
    ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Options

all that macho hyper masculinity ? we've been taught since youth has done what good for us?? its been to our own detriment if anything...

nothin's wrong wit allowin a boy to feel human.. humans have emotions.. we shouldbt be teaching them to hide or neglect their feelings but to control them..

Where has it got us?
    You're talking bout the human race?

Because of alpha males the earth hasn't ever been this peaceful.

Ppl act according knowing the alpha male will cut all the BS out.

But you're a ? right?Everything you stand for is alpha male behavior.

Nobody ever said men shouldnt feel emotions but control them. Don't act upon them. That's what the weak do.
  • zombie
    Options
    look the agenda is clear as day and has already been accomplished in some northern european nations if you want to see how they want american men to act just look across the ocean at denmark norway and sweden
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the clip is ok but all they've done is over exaggerate half ass parenting from some fathers - looked like some didnt even have that

• Shizlansky
    Options
    That be an ? ? was dumb.

I never heard a man that's well respected by others say that.

A prideful man would let failure get them down and just quit. Prideful men is the reason for great advancement in Technology medicine etc.

But a man that don't have pride would give up and not keep striving to be great.

I
  • CapitalB
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Where has it got us?
    You're talking bout the human race?

Because of alpha males the earth hasn't ever been this peaceful.

Ppl act according knowing the alpha male will cut all the BS out.

But you're a ? right?Everything you stand for is alpha male behavior.

Nobody ever said men shouldnt feel emotions but control them. Don't act upon them. That's what the weak do.

im talkin about the black community..

and when u tell a kid he aint suppose to cry in essence u are tellin him to disregard his feelings.. or "grow some ? "

it hurts more then helps...
  • zombie
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BEAM wrote: »

So what's weak about not being prideful, defensive, and over the top?
    Because that's what many young boys are brainwashed into being.
    ? .

all i am actually saying is to leave the ? boys alone all that over the top defensive ? is just natural chest pounding all males do that ? until they grow out of it, just leave the boys alone and support them with proper discipline that's it we don't need to experiment with boyhood.

? are the most successful people steve jobs, bill gates, trump, buffet these people are ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    I can say this. Being to prideful is a bad thing

But

I never met or heard of a great man that wasn't prideful but I seen plenty ain't ? men that don't have pride.

A man with pride knows when to cut back for the greater good but a man with no pride will just ride the wave of others AKA betas
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all i am actually saying is to leave the ? boys alone all that over the top defensive ? is just natural chest pounding all males do that ? until they grow out of it, just leave the boys alone and support them with proper discipline that's it we don't need to experiment with boyhood.

Pounding "BE A MAN! DON'T CRY!" into a young male's skull is what's disruptive to natural maturity.
    Let that lil ? grow up to a human being, instead of what certain societies believe a "man" to be.

? are the most successful people steve jobs, bill gates, trump, buffet these people are ? .

I'll give you Steve Jobs. But Bill Gates and Warren Buffet? Now you're just making ? up.