The Official Jay-Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Thread (New Stand Up Comedy Series Added)

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Liquor and clothes... That's all they want rappers to sell, liquor and clothes.

and these rappers don't owe the majority of that either. They own minority portions and are the faces of the brands for the most part.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hoodsavior wrote: »
    Don't nobody want a ? having ? ..

nobody wants another ? selling them some ? service that is a lower quality of what i can get elsewhere. i bought rocawear ? cause as a kid that ? met a need for urban clothing, i bought jay z albums because it was top notch hip hop in the late 90s and early 2000's. I went to see jay last year cause again its what he does best.

but everyone is trying to spin this ? like ? just wanna down a ? and see him fail just cause. jay the ? who hyped up this ? service only for it to be basic ? status. jay the ? who tries to relate to the average joe fan by telling us to pay his millionaire and billionaire music friends.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    ? wanna see Jay Z fail sooooo bad...it's hilarious
    hoodsavior wrote: »
    Don't nobody want a ? having ? ..

white folks just be like that naturally...

my problem is ? who wish on another blackmen's downfall, shiets discustin

apple are some ? ? , they also ? up Kendrick's release date.

Cut that childish ? out man.

Other than Tomp and the troll droppin all the links, who is happy he failing?

There is a difference between being happy to see him fail and merely POINTING OUT, that he has possibly failed

Some of yall are on some Bill Cosby ? where no bad news against a black man should be reported. Yea, ? that. Thats patronizing to black businessmen, im not gon treat them as children. They fair game to the same analysis and jokes as any business. He a big boy nh he'll b alright
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    ...I bet him and his wife wont turn their nose up at another BET invite again....

LOL

Beyonce & Jay Z aint goin to no BET awards

But Will Smith and Jada Pinkett do. . .

spl986977_0011.jpg

jada-pinkett-smith-gets-familys-support-at-black-girls-rock-05.jpg

Last month

Whats your point?

Jada aint been relevant in like 15yrs

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Music-industry sources say Apple is interfering with Jay Z’s music-streaming service Tidal in an attempt to crush it ahead of the relaunch of Apple’s Beats Music, set for June.

Last week it emerged that Tidal, following its March 30 launch, has fallen out of the iPhone top 700 apps. But positioning in the app charts is driven by downloads, and according to our source, Apple “deliberately took a long time to approve Tidal iOS app updates. Tidal had a new app on Android on April 15, but still hasn’t received approval for Apple’s iOS app store.”

Robert Kondrk, vice president of iTunes Content, has also declared war on artists who sign up with Tidal. A source told us, “Robert told execs at Universal Music Group that Rihanna and other Tidal artists’ music would not be promoted as featured artists on iTunes if they put exclusive music out on Tidal.”

The source added that after Rihanna’s song “American Oxygen” debuted on Tidal, there were technical problems with her music on iTunes. The source explained, “Rihanna’s songs were scrambled and were out of commission for periods of time.”

A spokesman for Apple said, “That’s not true,” on the claim Rihanna’s songs were deliberately scrambled, but declined to comment on the other claims.

Meanwhile, another source confirmed ­Kondrk’s threat that Tidal artists would not promoted on iTunes: “That is normal operating procedure. If an artist chooses to market content exclusively with another rival retailer, no company is going to market or push content from that artist that hard.” Tidal reps did not respond to requests for comment.

Although there were multiple Sony artists at the Tidal launch, including Beyoncé, Sony Music will not grant Tidal a license to stream from Sony artists. Sony Music boss Doug Morris is now asking for $35 million in advance and $20 million in one year. A rep for Sony Music declined to comment.

http://pagesix.com/2015/04/25/streaming-music-war-looming-between-jay-zs-tidal-and-apple/

"I'm getting courted by the bosses
    The Edgars And Doug Morris-es-es
    Jimmy I's and Lyors-es
    They respecting my mind now"
    First line i thought of
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I'm more interested in how Jay reacts to the obvious smear campaign (that's how the highest level of corporate America works) than new music. He said he'd show you how to move in a room full of vultures.

My 2cents. He shouldn't have made it about the artists, he should've made it about the experience of using it.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta be able to chalk up your L's.

Explaining to your consumers how many subscribers you have and other operational information doesn't make sense. Where they do that at?? That's information for your investors. Lmao @ I sent my cousin to Nigeria. Duke in panic mode. Fortunately Jay can afford a $50M loss.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Not gonna lie, I'm more interested in how Jay reacts to the obvious smear campaign (that's how the highest level of corporate America works) than new music. He said he'd show you how to move in a room full of vultures.

My 2cents. He shouldn't have made it about the artists, he should've made it about the experience of using it.

im shocked he went heavy on social media. for all the camel jokes on and of the IC Hov always ignored allot of his hate. He would actually put it in a rap. But this tidal ? Jay caught feelings and started tweeting like most of these sensitive rappers do.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z can rap n laugh at mc hammer for losing guap but when hov loses $$$$

"Its hating on da black man!" Wait till 2019!!

He ain't been this sad since he was crying in Angie's studio
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you purchase your subscription to Tidal through an in-app purchase, you’ll pay $25.99 per month for hi-fi tracks. If you just subscribe to Tidal Premium, which offers standard sound quality, you will pay $12.99 each month. However, if you subscribe to Tidal through their Web page and pay with a credit card, subscription prices are $19.99 and $9.99 per month, respectively.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can tell Jay don't like losing lol
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    Jay z can rap n laugh at mc hammer for losing guap but when hov loses $$$$

"Its hating on da black man!" Wait till 2019!!

He ain't been this sad since he was crying in Angie's studio

Get em

You hear me clear out there? Yes! If you ? is done living in a fantasy world, allow me to introduce y'all to Tru Life. If you're ? tired of you favorite rapper lying to you, allow me to introduce you to Tru Life... If a ? tell you a hundred thousand the first week is a success, and in the very same breath act like seven hundred thousand in seven days is a brick...if y'all are tired of living like that ? allow me to introduce y'all it's Tru Life

And Hov is my mans!! Lmao But this ngga built himself on numbers, and we grown ass men, can a ngga call a ? a ? !?!?! Gotdamn.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

Ive never seen a ? winning go on twitter to explain themselves and their business. This isn't being measured on alleged company value (ain't nobody buying Tidal for $250 mill tomorrow). This is being measured on market share and successful marketing public perception. Jay lost because he started a company and it just made other companies grow (i.e. beats music/pandora/spotify subscribers spikes in the last few weeks). He also put all his chips solely on HQ FLAC music streaming which is the only thing that is unique about tidal.

Jay said give his company time. Time to do what? Mimic what spotify? Take another year before they realize they should have a free commercial version of the service to get more fan in? I just don't see tidal being able to revolutionize or capture the music stream business no matter how much time or celebrity phone calls they make.
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Ive never seen a ? winning go on twitter to explain themselves and their business. This isn't being measured on alleged company value (ain't nobody buying Tidal for $250 mill tomorrow). This is being measured on market share and successful marketing public perception. Jay lost because he started a company and it just made other companies grow (i.e. beats music/pandora/spotify subscribers spikes in the last few weeks). He also put all his chips solely on HQ FLAC music streaming which is the only thing that is unique about tidal.

Jay said give his company time. Time to do what? Mimic what spotify? Take another year before they realize they should have a free commercial version of the service to get more fan in? I just don't see tidal being able to revolutionize or capture the music stream business no matter how much time or celebrity phone calls they make.

And what market share should they have in just 2 weeks again???? What should they have accomplished in 2 weeks again??? He put all his chips on something and in just 2 weeks you discovered it'll never work??? Lawd I'm glad some of y'all aren't in big business ? would be out here like "WHAT its been 2 weeks and our Samsung Galaxy S1 phone hasn't sold as much as the iPhone??? Let's just take this L and get out the phone game"....? be the type of fans to call a game over 2 minutes in...IMO its a lose when there is no chance at you making the money you invested in the company back off the company has that time come already after 2 weeks??? Did I miss it lol
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did Kanye leave?
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    What makes yall think Tidal is gonna be able to compete with Spotify/Beats/Google? Nobody cares about that lossless ? . Lmao get over it. Can you at least admit they had a terrible marketing strategy and getting off to a bad start and the Twitter ? monologues ain't helping?? Can you acknowledge that it's gonna be extremely difficult to capture market share?? I hear yall talking about Samsung and Apple but yall do realize a lot more businesses fail than succeed?

Got a BA in business administration with concentration in accounting from a highly ranked institution and I'm going back for my MBA in fall in case you want to tell me I don't know ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

And what market share should they have in just 2 weeks again???? What should they have accomplished in 2 weeks again??? He put all his chips on something and in just 2 weeks you discovered it'll never work??? Lawd I'm glad some of y'all aren't in big business ? would be out here like "WHAT its been 2 weeks and our Samsung Galaxy S1 phone hasn't sold as much as the iPhone??? Let's just take this L and get out the phone game"....? be the type of fans to call a game over 2 minutes in...IMO its a lose when there is no chance at you making the money you invested in the company back off the company has that time come already after 2 weeks??? Did I miss it lol

that's like looking at the knicks 2 weeks into the NBA season and saying "just give them time to grow". no clearly they had a coach who ran the triangle and players who didn't buy into it. so based on that you could tell their season was going to be ? . and you know next year the knicks aint gon be ? . Same ? with the new york jets they doomed to fail under their current leadership.

While tidal is only a few weeks old its clear to see the message they launched with combined with the lack of innovation is going to make it doomed for failure. Jay-Z on his rex ryan trying to use talking points on twitter to hide the truth. The truth is Tidal does not have the innovation or vision to actually change the streaming game. Likewise the market gives 0 ? about artists getting more money per stream. The market gives limited ? about HQ music they just wanna hear mp3 quality for the most part.

like i said earlier espn decided to create a phone with samsung and you knew weeks into the phone it was going to fail. the same can be seen with tidal it was poorly planned and poorly led since jay took over.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    What makes yall think Tidal is gonna be able to compete with Spotify/Beats/Google? Nobody cares about that lossless ? . Lmao get over it. Can you at least admit they had a terrible marketing strategy and getting off to a bad start and the Twitter ? monologues ain't helping?? Can you acknowledge that it's gonna be extremely difficult to capture market share?? I hear yall talking about Samsung and Apple but yall do realize a lot more businesses fail than succeed?

Got a BA in business administration with concentration in accounting from a highly ranked institution and I'm going back for my MBA in fall in case you want to tell me I don't know ? .

Congrats, what school you doing in your MBA?
  • GetoBoy
    Options

That I can admit...will it be easy to come in a be number one out the gate??? Of course not.... When there is a obvious smear campaign going on to prevent you from succeeding will it be a simple task to just come in and take over a market that already has other valuable options??? Of course not....when everybody is only looking to you to reinvent the wheel and you didn't do that will it be simple to get ppl to understand what you're tryna to accomplish and get them to be apart of it??? No....but is it ever that easy for ANY company when they first start??? No!!!! Yes there will be stumbles, mess up, firings, and revisions but ? that's how things work when you're tryna start and build something.... You don't just put up $56 mill look at the backlash and smearing going on then 2 weeks in say "? it let me just take this L and get out" if businesses were ran like that and business men thought like that then we wouldn't have ?
  • buttuh_b
    Options

Congrats, what school you doing in your MBA?

Appreciate it. Temple University
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see yall caught feelings over me saying Jada aint relevant

Whats the last ? she did that made waves?

...the Matrix sequel?

LOL @ saying Beyonce = Jada

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I see yall caught feelings over me saying Jada aint relevant

Whats the last ? she did that made waves?

...the Matrix sequel?

LOL @ saying Beyonce = Jada

Yeah Beyoncé "relevant" but her music don't touch me..

Relevance don't mean ? concerning artistry to me at least