The Official Jay-Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Thread (New Stand Up Comedy Series Added)

Options

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diamond push...
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm STILL waiting on somebody to explain to me where this is a lose at??? How can you invest $56 million in something meant for the long haul and in 2 weeks it be considered a lose??? I mean didn't sprint/Softbank just spend $250 million on the service....so jay spends $56 mill on a service and in a couple weeks it's already upped its worth to $250 mill and y'all are calling THIS a lose??? Damn if this is a lose what the hell do y'all consider a win lol

Welcome to the stock market, where if Coca-Cola's stock drops 2% headlines will say Coca-Cola is going out of business - days after it announces that it cleared $20 billion and/or had a record year SMMFH. Like I said, this isn't about Jay-Z it's about seeing him lose b/c ? live in a nightmare in their minds. Bookmark this thread and come back in a year. Time will tell in 3-5 years.

This is why I don't bother, b/c when you sit down and think about it, most people can't think past a week or 2 at best. Sit down and really really think about that. Do your own plans transcend past a week or 2 ? What about what you see for yourself ? Think about it. I blame technology b/c it's made people even more dependent and unable to sit still and think b/c there's so much bombarding them. Those who see things months and years ahead will consistently be the masters of the narrow-minded.

But where's Tidals record year? It's fine you believe in Tidal and Jay, but blind love/appreciation isn't any better than blind hating. You can keep on name dropping all this big companies, but what so far tells you Tidal is gonna be able to make a turn around, beside being run by Jay Z? You do realize some companies actually fails, no matter how much time you give them, right?

Lots of people have dropped objectives concerns about Tidal and its roll out without mentioning Jays name, but for some reason you seem to completely ignore this. Why is Jay above criticism?

I want to be super clear about my arguments preceding the past pages, and I made this very clear. I've said already you cannot know nor can you take 2 weeks of news and extrapolate that to say that "it is the end" of a company. The company has had issues prior for 5 long years btw (and is STILL around), this is why he was able to get it for the price he paid. I'm stating that it's enormously ignorant for people to make accusations about the company without OBJECTIVELY looking at all the facts. The company is not even America & wasn't introduced here properly until a while ago. It's not bigger than Spotify or Pandora so why it's being compared and then being considered a failure to the 3 for being smaller is ignorant. We don't know what's going to happen next, when you think about it tho, for Tidal, NOT Aspiro as a whole, it may only take for him and Beyonce to drop a collab album exclusively to turn things around for Tidal. Again, no one knows for sure but understand what you are criticizing and WHY, then try to observe how it makes sense. What is the main issue with Tidal ? Is it the price of the service ? Is it the fact that it's not taking off like a hot album on Billboard charts ? Is it the fact that it's slowly growing a subscriber base and reorganizing management that's ? off an ever eager crowd ? They said GE, Coca-Cola (in 88), American Express, Apple, Nintendo, Gillette, Johnson & Johnson, ExxonMobil/Standard Oil of California was finished at various points but lo and behold look at them now. By all means Aspiro is NOT any of them and time will tell if it thrives or dies.

I've said over and over again, "let time tell it" , "time will tell", he owns all of Aspiro and it's subsidiaries. He can always shut it down and relaunch another subsidiary of Aspiro with a new movement and plan. Again time will tell if that's necessary. I say to bookmark this thread and re-up it in a year b/c most of the posts in this thread in the last 5 pages are all subjective views that reflect ? don't like Jay. If Jay-Z NEVER attached his name to this none of you ? would have a ? to give but b/c it's Hov ? all of a sudden ? have a lot to say, a month and 29 pages of this thread are filled w/ negative responses.

I've said my piece on Jay-Z on the IC before and I'm not really a fan of dude, I RESPECT him though for his intelligence and discipline.

you're making too much sense.

people WANT to see this ? fail, if you havent noticed.

And then this ngga. 'Hov' is not lurking fam. You're not getting your mixtape on Tidal, relax

u waited 2 weeks for that response, huh.

lmao fam locked himself in like Nas when he wrote ether

"Aye wanna watch the game tonight"
    "Nah bruh I gotta think about this post I'm working on"
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    The user reviews on tidal are hilarious

App crashing..glitches...can't even play 1 song without buffering

If they're talkin bout the $20 plan what tha hell they expect? Hell we got Comco
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Groveshark just shut down damn

http://recode.net/2015/04/30/grooveshark-the-free-music-service-that-used-to-scare-the-big-labels-gives-up/

At one time, the music startup — which promised 35 million users they could “Play any song in the world, for free!” but that didn’t have deals to pay the big music labels — seemed like a problem for the music industry. Now it’s dead.

After losing a six-year legal battle, Escape Media, the company that owns Grooveshark, is formally conceding to the music labels that sued it.

In a settlement with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group, the company’s founders are shutting down their Web site, apps and everything else they own, wiping their servers clean of music, and offering a formal apology to the industry.

And just to drive the point home, the company is telling its users to go buy subscriptions from licensed streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.

Last week, a U.S. District Court judge told a jury that Escape could be liable for up to $736 million in damages after losing a copyright case. Under the terms of the settlement, Escape doesn’t have to pay the labels anything, but would have to pay the labels $75 million if they violate the terms of the agreement.

Whelp....what ya gonna do now lol

im on free spotify and i actually purchase the albums or download the few quality hip hop albums or mixtapes that still come out. I will actually miss grooveshark more for the non hip hop ? like some live shows from rock/jam bands that users self recorded and uploaded. The real ether is grooveshark got forced to have people sign up for other music streaming businesses and they ain't een mention tidal lol.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://recode.net/2015/04/30/grooveshark-the-free-music-service-that-used-to-scare-the-big-labels-gives-up/

At one time, the music startup — which promised 35 million users they could “Play any song in the world, for free!” but that didn’t have deals to pay the big music labels — seemed like a problem for the music industry. Now it’s dead.

After losing a six-year legal battle, Escape Media, the company that owns Grooveshark, is formally conceding to the music labels that sued it.

In a settlement with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group, the company’s founders are shutting down their Web site, apps and everything else they own, wiping their servers clean of music, and offering a formal apology to the industry.

And just to drive the point home, the company is telling its users to go buy subscriptions from licensed streaming services, like Spotify, Deezer and Google Play.

Last week, a U.S. District Court judge told a jury that Escape could be liable for up to $736 million in damages after losing a copyright case. Under the terms of the settlement, Escape doesn’t have to pay the labels anything, but would have to pay the labels $75 million if they violate the terms of the agreement.

im on free spotify and i actually purchase the albums or download the few quality hip hop albums or mixtapes that still come out. I will actually miss grooveshark more for the non hip hop ? like some live shows from rock/jam bands that users self recorded and uploaded. The real ether is grooveshark got forced to have people sign up for other music streaming businesses and they ain't een mention tidal lol.

That would be ether IF it wasn't for the fact that tidal is still in business meanwhile they've been forced to shut down lol....
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

That would be ether IF it wasn't for the fact that tidal is still in business meanwhile they've been forced to shut down lol....

people keep saying tidal is going to succeed but its only been 3 weeks. give tidal time to trainwreck it hasn't even been a year yet.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

people keep saying tidal is going to succeed but its only been 3 weeks. give tidal time to trainwreck it hasn't even been a year yet.

I'm not saying it's gonna succeed I'm saying idk what it's gonna do the ? just got started but from my experience with it I haven't seen a problem but hell it could flop too who knows the damn thing JUST launched lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smear campaign lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Apple pushing music labels to ? free Spotify streaming ahead of Beats relaunch

Aggressive tactics from the music giant have garnered scrutiny from the Department of Justice

By Micah Singleton on May 4, 2015 08:01 am Email @MicahSingleton

The Department of Justice is looking closely into Apple’s business practices in relation to its upcoming music streaming service, according to multiple sources. The Verge has learned that Apple has been pushing major music labels to force streaming services like Spotify to abandon their free tiers, which will dramatically reduce the competition for Apple’s upcoming offering. DOJ officials have already interviewed high-ranking music industry executives about Apple’s business habits.

""All the way up to Tim Cook, these guys are cutthroat.""

Apple has been using its considerable power in the music industry to stop the music labels from renewing Spotify’s license to stream music through its free tier. Spotify currently has 60 million listeners, but only 15 million of them are paid users. Getting the music labels to ? the freemium tiers from Spotify and others could put Apple in prime position to grab a large swath of new users when it launches its own streaming service, which is widely expected to feature a considerable amount of exclusive content. "All the way up to Tim Cook, these guys are cutthroat," one music industry source said.

Sources also indicated that Apple offered to pay YouTube’s music licensing fee to Universal Music Group if the label stopped allowing its songs on YouTube. Apple is seemingly trying to clear a path before its streaming service launches, which is expected to debut at WWDC in June. If Apple convinces the labels to stop licensing freemium services from Spotify and YouTube, it could take out a significant portion of business from its two largest music competitors.

Apple has an antitrust monitor on its campus, courtesy of the DOJ after Apple was found guilty in an ebook antitrust case last year (Apple is appealing the decision), but it's not clear if that monitor is involved in this latest situation. The DOJ isn’t the only entity looking into Apple’s dealings with the music industry, either. According to the New York Post, Apple is being probed by the European Union’s Competition Commission to find out if the company is working with the labels to rid the industry of freemium services.

Apple declined to comment.

source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/4/8540935/apple-labels-spotify-streaming

hopefully the dept of justice gives apple that work and we can save free commercial streaming on spotify. wack artists don't want people streaming their albums realizing its too wack to cop and they only see limited streaming revenue vs the cut they get for a $10 buy.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    ? ? -z wrote: »

the quote that sums it up from that article is this

“The idea behind Tidal is that these higher subscription fees will lead to greater royalties for the artists—so it’s pretty hard to understand how this endeavor is ‘for fans,’ as Jay Z claims. Tidal’s logic seems to be that fans’ money will now go directly into the pockets of the artists, but if the monthly premium is more than competing music streaming sites like Spotify and Apple’s Beats Music, how does this benefit the fans, and not just pad the pockets of these equity-blessed entrepreneurs?”

• 25centsandwich
    25centsandwich Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options

Aggressive tactics from the music giant have garnered scrutiny from the Department of Justice

And so it begins smh...

Seriously ? apple if this is true...they railed against microsoft doing this very thing for years...the hypocrisy is astonishing...

They want to collude against spotify for having a great business model for them...just like the labels tried to bully apple for charging so low for itunes singles...

and now the shoe is on the other foot...labels are realizing that people arent gonna pay to listen to no damn fetty wap but will stream some of his music they like...great for the company and great for that particular artist (exposure) but bad for the streaming services trying to get into the game
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

And so it begins smh...

Seriously ? apple if this is true...they railed against microsoft doing this very thing for years...the hypocrisy is astonishing...

They want to collude against spotify for having a great business model for them...just like the labels tried to bully apple for charging so low for itunes singles...

and now the shoe is on the other foot...labels are realizing that people arent gonna pay to listen to no damn fetty wap but will stream some of his music they like...great for the company and great for that particular artist (exposure) but bad for the streaming services trying to get into the game

apple without steve jobs is desperate. they lost their innovation. the i phone and i pad are getting bullied by samsung phones and windows tablets respectively. Their biggest innovation in the last few years is an overpriced watch. Now they cant compete with spotify and throwing temper tantrums.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And so it begins smh...

apple without steve jobs is desperate. they lost their innovation. the i phone and i pad are getting bullied by samsung phones and windows tablets respectively. Their biggest innovation in the last few years is an overpriced watch. Now they cant compete with spotify and throwing temper tantrums.

idk. They pushing that watch like it's the second coming of Jesus. The Ipod/pad/phone was all the idea of Tim Cook.
  • Max.
    Options
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And so it begins smh...

lol...no they're not...Apple breaking new records every month since the 6 dropped.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

And so it begins smh...

lol...no they're not...Apple breaking new records every month since the 6 dropped.

the the Samsung phones and tablets are higher quality products with better features than the iphone and ipad. Mind you i own an iphone 5 myself (cause i was able to buy it cheap from someone) but most my friends moved away from the iphone for samsung phones. People just be buying the i pad and i phone cause they are one apples ? .
  • L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

And so it begins smh...

idk. They pushing that watch like it's the second coming of Jesus. The Ipod/pad/phone was all the idea of Tim Cook.

Who told you that?
  • MontyM.Max
    MontyM.Max Members Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm tryna figure out if I'm gonna lose my misic when Beats relaunches. If so I might ? around and check out with Tidal for a minute.
  • Max.
    Options

And so it begins smh...

Lol bruh just saw the commercial not one word..just people smiling for the watch

Meanwhile tidal was signing declaration of independence n ?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And so it begins smh...

YOu think Steve Jobs was behind all that ? ?

He had people work on ? and he just took the credit bruh. They're doing just fine. Hell they could sell iPhones alone abd still be a top company I'd bet.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »

And so it begins smh...

YOu think Steve Jobs was behind all that ? ?

He had people work on ? and he just took the credit bruh. They're doing just fine. Hell they could sell iPhones alone abd still be a top company I'd bet.

yeah steve jobs did everything without any help he assembled every i/pad/phone/mac from the asian factories to packaging and distrubution to stores.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited May 2015
    Options
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »

And so it begins smh...

Who told you that?

He was the man behind the scenes. He headed the IOS engineering dept and was COO handling day to day implementation of concepts. Basically, his team was the idea team. I'm not saying the ideas were new, but the implementation is all Cook. He's basically a combo of Woz and Jobs.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Max. wrote: »

And so it begins smh...

Lol bruh just saw the commercial not one word..just people smiling for the watch

Meanwhile tidal was signing declaration of independence n ?

Everything isn't commercials. The planted articles talking about its greatness is everywhere.