The Official Jay-Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Thread (New Stand Up Comedy Series Added)

Options

Comments

• L.O.S.T.
    L.O.S.T. Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »
    L.O.S.T. wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Apple pushing music labels to ? free Spotify streaming ahead of Beats relaunch

Aggressive tactics from the music giant have garnered scrutiny from the Department of Justice

By Micah Singleton on May 4, 2015 08:01 am Email @MicahSingleton

source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/4/8540935/apple-labels-spotify-streaming

And so it begins smh...

Seriously ? apple if this is true...they railed against microsoft doing this very thing for years...the hypocrisy is astonishing...

They want to collude against spotify for having a great business model for them...just like the labels tried to bully apple for charging so low for itunes singles...

and now the shoe is on the other foot...labels are realizing that people arent gonna pay to listen to no damn fetty wap but will stream some of his music they like...great for the company and great for that particular artist (exposure) but bad for the streaming services trying to get into the game

apple without steve jobs is desperate. they lost their innovation. the i phone and i pad are getting bullied by samsung phones and windows tablets respectively. Their biggest innovation in the last few years is an overpriced watch. Now they cant compete with spotify and throwing temper tantrums.

idk. They pushing that watch like it's the second coming of Jesus. The Ipod/pad/phone was all the idea of Tim Cook.

Who told you that?

He was the man behind the scenes. He headed the IOS engineering dept and was COO handling day to day implementation of concepts. Basically, his team was the idea team. I'm not saying the ideas were new, but the implementation is all Cook. He's basically a combo of Woz and Jobs.

I think you're thinking about Jonny Ives. He's the lead designer of every major apple product. Tim Cook isn't a designer. He's a master of economics. He's the money man. Tim Cook did not invent any of those things
  • fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? -z wrote: »
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/music/jay-z-in-digital-download-dilemma-1.1854625&sa=U&ei=IpNLVYfeGIq1sQTczIGwDw&ved=0CBsQ-AsoAjAB&usg=AFQjCNH1JRqTVcYL9yfCMVyoMLk46Z7bXQ

Beyoncé’s single release proved the opposite: even if you try to force people to pay for music, they will find a way to listen to it anyway. Within half-an-hour of Tidal premiering Die With You last month, it was on YouTube. Sony had teams of people working to take down fan-uploaded versions that were replaced as quickly as they could be removed.

“Sony is playing a game of whack-a-mole with people who would never consider themselves pirates. They are not out to hurt their favourite artist,” said Tim Ingham, editor of the Music Business Worldwide website. “So long as music and pirates exist, the notion of an exclusive is almost laughable.”

essentially sums up the lank this troll posted. Bruh feel free to troll but stop posting lanks without pasting the article ya bishhhh.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Apple pushing music labels to ? free Spotify streaming ahead of Beats relaunch

Aggressive tactics from the music giant have garnered scrutiny from the Department of Justice

By Micah Singleton on May 4, 2015 08:01 am Email @MicahSingleton

source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/5/4/8540935/apple-labels-spotify-streaming

And so it begins smh...

Seriously ? apple if this is true...they railed against microsoft doing this very thing for years...the hypocrisy is astonishing...

They want to collude against spotify for having a great business model for them...just like the labels tried to bully apple for charging so low for itunes singles...

and now the shoe is on the other foot...labels are realizing that people arent gonna pay to listen to no damn fetty wap but will stream some of his music they like...great for the company and great for that particular artist (exposure) but bad for the streaming services trying to get into the game

apple without steve jobs is desperate. they lost their innovation. the i phone and i pad are getting bullied by samsung phones and windows tablets respectively. Their biggest innovation in the last few years is an overpriced watch. Now they cant compete with spotify and throwing temper tantrums.

idk. They pushing that watch like it's the second coming of Jesus. The Ipod/pad/phone was all the idea of Tim Cook.

Who told you that?

He was the man behind the scenes. He headed the IOS engineering dept and was COO handling day to day implementation of concepts. Basically, his team was the idea team. I'm not saying the ideas were new, but the implementation is all Cook. He's basically a combo of Woz and Jobs.

I think you're thinking about Jonny Ives. He's the lead designer of every major apple product. Tim Cook isn't a designer. He's a master of economics. He's the money man. Tim Cook did not invent any of those things

He has a BS degree in industrial engineering. I was wrong about him being chief engineer, but in 07 He was the COO running the day to day and made the decisions to go forward with that stuff and he also oversaw the design and implementation. He was with them since 98 as a VP influencing a lot of design decisions.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have tidal and Google play. I like tidal a lot. The sound quality is amazing to me.
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    Noir wrote: »
    I have tidal and Google play. I like tidal a lot. The sound quality is amazing to me.

But according to people on this board there is no way for you to tell the difference
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But according to people on this board there is no way for you to tell the difference

Nobody said there's no way to tell the difference, you just gotta have the ears of ? Piccolo to pick up on what's missing or not.
  • Purr
    Options

Well....

I am a classically trained opera singer. So my musical opinion >>> most casual music listeners.

I have regular quality headphones and the hifi on tidal blows google play out the window. The sounds is extremely clear and crisp. Plus, the bass levels are perfect, unlike google play levels, which you can hear the bass more than the vocal leads, which is important for me as a singer;however, i only have the 9.99 subscription and the sound is beautiful for the cost.

I would love to hear the premium subscription with studio quality headphones and/or speakers.

I wish tidal had more advance sound customizing abilities to separate itself from other streaming services; however, they are growing.

Plus, as a musician (yes, singers are musicians, breh), tidal offers songwriters, composers, producers, and indie artists the piece of the pie.

On spotify, Aloe Blacc made 4Gs off of his song, "The Man", as the songwriter. What the ? is 4 thousand dollars, when he had his song in commercials and in movies?

How can anyone that is a ? creative being be okay with artists saying ? the system and ? with me -- and most importantly, give them a chance to make this adventure a long lasting one.

For those who want to see Jay Z fail, please believe, he is trying his best to make waves for tidal -- yes, pun intended. I want to see this black man and his black wife to succeed and ? over the music industry that made billions off of many black artists, songwriters, producers, composers and more.

He definitely cant put his whole business plan/model on the forefront for others to copy and mutate to their liking.

Tidal has been out for a few weeks, give it two years. You'll see the success of it.

For example, look they did Jay when he ventured into sports management. Now, he has many athletes signed to his sports department.

Let it cook, brehs.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options
    I read all that ? and no boobage... I'm sorely disappointed in myself right now
  • Purr
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »

@chiyosuke oh. :(

I got you next time, darkness.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Lol I ain't that damn dark
  • Purr
    Options

I think i have a ? pic waiting in your inbox... it's kinda hairy but best know that it's yankin. @chiyosuke
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

I think i have a ? pic waiting in your inbox... it's kinda hairy but best know that it's yankin. @chiyosuke

Why does this feel like a trap? *Checks anyway*
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    Options

Why does this feel like a trap? *Checks anyway*

Yep... A trap. Well played Chuck

@Noir
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I got rid of my google play to sign up for tidal.... Haven't been disappointed yet
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    on some real ? the consumers are catching W's right now. I have my reservations about tidal but no way in hell spotify just does this deal without tidal kind of cooking up the music streaming battle. You can try tidal for 3 months for 9.99 or try spotify for cheaper.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Spotify does that deal often I've used it twice
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    s3etmg.jpg

Get 3 months of unlimited access for only $9.99, then keep listening for $9.99/month. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

https://go.tidal.com/account/subscription/start/login/US4000/us83EfNotra1Wu7pvfcrZont?utm_campaign=Winback+email+US&utm_content=b&utm_medium=email&utm_source=vero&utm_term=Newsletter&vero_conv=647389287&vero_id=26781570

@noir quick, unsubscribe and resubscribe.

saw this this morning listening to free spotify

spotify99.jpg

bout to cop premium and listen to nothing but KB!
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Spotify does that deal often I've used it twice

i just starting using spotify and especially since they clapped groovesha......i need a second

giphy.gif
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These streaming companies are going to war…ultimately the consumer's gonna win no matter what
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So tidal went from not doing nothing for the customers to now helping the customers win??? Man y'all change up quicker then Cali weather lol
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Martin Lorentzon, the chairman of music streaming service Spotify, isn't worried about the impending threat from competitors including Tidal and Apple.

In fact, he's joking about it.

Lorentzon spoke on Thursday at the STING Day conference in Stockholm.

He was asked about the threat from Tidal, the streaming service that rapper Jay Z acquired for $56 million in March.

Here's what he had to say:

"I've got 99 problems - and Jay Z ain't one" Martin Lorentzon, chairman and founder of Spotify.

— Jon Mauno Pettersson (@MPJon) May 7, 2015

Hmmm
  • L.O.S.T.
    Options
    I didn't renew my subscription and I've been enjoying the device for the last 2 days.

I hope jay-z doesn't call me asking for his money