TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    Great album.

Weak thread

Aint you in here posting hipster reviews?

Dont cosign me bro

Sure didn't post it... but i did cosign it

And as far as that comment u should take your own advice....
    All you ? need to shut the ? up this thread is disgusting

Ay man ? you Ima call out you ? ignorance in a ignorant ? manner
    smokey-shoo.gif
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ? need to stop
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao this thread gettin Outta control
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • c. skillz
    c. skillz Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone know why the "We Don't Die" joint he performed on the Colbert Report isnt on the album? Would've loved to see that slide in right before "Complexion".

Was hoping for the beat on that trailer video to make its way on the album too...Looks like UMG wiped that trailer from the net altogether.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c. skillz wrote: »
    Anyone know why the "We Don't Die" joint he performed on the Colbert Report isnt on the album? Would've loved to see that slide in right before "Complexion".

Was hoping for the beat on that trailer video to make its way on the album too...Looks like UMG wiped that trailer from the net altogether.

Im just guessing but if interscope really ? up their album rollout, maybe leading up to the release they were gonna release free tracks like they did for GKMC
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Target is ? up. I'm here and they have it in the back and won't sell it until next week. I guess it's Best Buy then.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not at the point of calling it a classic, I've only heard the thing once. That said, I'm not sure it's seeing T&Y but it's not that far off that's for sure. They are comparable but Kendrick gives the album's theory away while Lupe just leaves hints for you to figure it out yourself.

Both albums are complex and deep, they even overlap a bit in content. What Lupe did with jazz, Kendrick did with a funk base.

I think this is like Achilles and Hector being in the same war on different battlefields, I don't really see anyone being able to see what those two and J Cole have done the last few months.

As far as Kendrick and Cole go, I sit here right now and I'm looking at Wale and thinking that he really needs this album to be special for him to stay in the conversation because these are his peers and they changing the game. Cole and Kendrick are doing spoken word and conscious rap and selling major records, this is Wale's lane, they proved it's an audience out there waiting for that type of stuff. The pressure is thick.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So much black soap feelings in this thread smmfh.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    Stop comparing TPAB to T&Y yo

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I feel the same way bout wale.
    If his album doesn't deliver its over for him as far as being in the same class as his peers Cole & Kendrick.... This is his last chance
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    If his album doesn't deliver its over for him as far as being in the same class as his peers Cole & Kendrick.... This is his last chance

? what??
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    Not to mention K.dot didn't compromise his style once again. Guess the execs at interscope really believe in him after going platinum, hoping to repeat the cycle which I'm sure is on pace to do so based off the first week predictions. Few have the support from their label to have creative control like kendrick has. And on a major at that. So hats off to TDE. It's going to be interesting to see if radio promotes any of the songs even though this record is clearly not catered to their format.

I heard Blacker the Berry on the radio today.

Where they played it 93.3?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pico wrote: »
    So much black soap feelings in this thread smmfh.
    Y u even in this thread???

The nail thread is over thurr>>>>
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion think wale care about fans thoughts on his chances to stay with his peers. ? prolly in his mind he not gettin his respect anyway, which he aint, so he gon do what he wanna do.

i know this much, wale albums>>j. cole albums at least.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

? what??

Idk what's so hard to understand. Wale is just as talented as Cole and Kendrick. And Wale definitely cares or else he would have never made the "New Legends" claim as he did when The Gifted dropped. Wale always had that "it" factor he was just in the wrong label situation when he started. Its why he was able to push so many units once he got on MMG. People know Wale is a star. But where he should have cemented that with the Gifted it was kind of underwhelming, while Cole & Kendrick continue to progress. Wale needs TAAN to be great and I have high hopes it will be.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    ion think wale care about fans thoughts on his chances to stay with his peers. ? prolly in his mind he not gettin his respect anyway, which he aint, so he gon do what he wanna do.

i know this much, wale albums>>j. cole albums at least.

I think Born Sinner & FHD are better than Ambition & The Gifted.
    But Wale has the best album of the 2 with Attention Deficit
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wale can do it, I'm not one of those people that think his albums are wack, Attention Deficit is dope as ? and Shades >>> Kendrick's Complexion. It's the same content but Wale & Chrisette totaled that ? , so he can do what these ? are doing.

Attention Deficit is my favorite Wale album, 90210, Shades, Beautiful Bliss, Diary etc not to mention his mixtape ? , it should be nothing for Wale to bang out an album like FHD.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Wale can do it, I'm not one of those people that think his albums are wack, Attention Deficit is dope as ? and Shades >>> Kendrick's Complexion. It's the same content but Wale & Chrisette totaled that ? , so he can do what these ? are doing.

Attention Deficit is my favorite Wale album, 90210, Shades, Beautiful Bliss, Diary etc not to mention his mixtape ? , it should be nothing for Wale to bang out an album like FHD.

This guy gets it.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    YoungChamp wrote: »
    Not to mention K.dot didn't compromise his style once again. Guess the execs at interscope really believe in him after going platinum, hoping to repeat the cycle which I'm sure is on pace to do so based off the first week predictions. Few have the support from their label to have creative control like kendrick has. And on a major at that. So hats off to TDE. It's going to be interesting to see if radio promotes any of the songs even though this record is clearly not catered to their format.

I heard Blacker the Berry on the radio today.

Where they played it 93.3?
    Naw 106.1.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the studio version of I better but the one on the album ain't bad