Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Would had agreed before cole put out FHD
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Oh yeah Wale gonna get outsold by big Sean. Always thought he was more popular than it seems but it just feel like nobody checking for him like that. Except for most of us
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure y'all already checked this but that sample to open the album and the metaphor of the caterpillar and the butterfly are spot on.
    http://youtu.be/mYnenIWZjwE
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let me clarify.... I never said if Wale didnt deliver he was "finished" I just meant he's just not really on those guys' level; always had the potential but couldnt really prove it on the mainstream tip the way Cole & Kendrick did.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never really lose faith so I wot wale is done either. I just believe in dude and I see him falling behind cats I think he can keep up with. He has had to sacrifice a lot to get where he is and it's a shame that the kind of stuff he always wanted to make is now what's cool and he moved out of that lane.

Because the release dates are so close I don't see how he can really impress this go round. Kendrick's album is still too new.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Pico wrote: »
    So much black soap feelings in this thread smmfh.
    Y u even in this thread???

The nail thread is over thurr>>>>

If there's a nail thread in the reason then that would explain a lot of y'all ? soft boi feels full ? .
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? forget that big Sean is dating Ariana Grande and white America ? w him cuz of that
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For sale is my fav track

So smooth and soothing
  • YoungChamp
    YoungChamp Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    For sale is my fav track

So smooth and soothing

It's crazy the track is soothe like that but it's basically the devil trying to entice Kendrick, But u get a feel good vibe from the instrumental. The production on this album is nothing less than spectacular
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wish the first part of institutionalized was longer
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Wale can do it, I'm not one of those people that think his albums are wack, Attention Deficit is dope as ? and Shades >>> Kendrick's Complexion. It's the same content but Wale & Chrisette totaled that ? , so he can do what these ? are doing.

Attention Deficit is my favorite Wale album, 90210, Shades, Beautiful Bliss, Diary etc not to mention his mixtape ? , it should be nothing for Wale to bang out an album like FHD.

If Big Sean can do it then he must be able to. The pressure really is on man, although I don't think if he doesnt nail it he'll be finished tho, his passion is too strong, that's the type of ? who could get shot 20 times and still keep going LOLOLOLOL. If he don't slap this time I'd recommend he just go away for a long time (that's what Lil Wayne needs to do too), and then figure it out. I really feel tho that he needs to leave MMG, he needs to come with a movement and MMG doesn't have it anymore.

I always felt that Wale needed to tighten his flow & delivery, get more introspective and get better hooks on his commercial records. Aside from flow and delivery the rest are easy. The same thing also applies to Drake too, Kendrick and Cole are changing the game, he still has no classics or no ground breaking albums. You can say "Take Care" but it had a lot of filler and technically it was Kanye's 808s sound. NWTS was solid, but Drake really really has to deliver this time around and it can't just be a slightly strong effort, 4 albums in and this one needs to be the one that slaps or over time, his sales will wane. Back in the Draft Day/Control threads I used to say that Drake can play "the bigger artist" card for only so long before Kendrick and Cole can say "ok we selling records too, we got grammies compared to your 1 and we got classic albums and the game love us, what else you got ?" I'm tellin yall in 5 more years Drake gonna be Ja Rule, T.I. status, he'll be around but he wont be moving records the way he is now. You can use the Jay-Z example but like I've always said - Hov used his business-sense to par lay his star power to make him look bigger than he was, he had money and merchandising, Drake don't got that and it's gonna be hard to wash off that "goof" or soft guy label the internet has placed on him.

Overall, Wale has the tools but he's gotta fix his label situation, come with a new movement, tighten his delivery and content and drop the best piece of work he's ever dropped.

@Sion and he's married to beyonce
  • nj2089
    Options
    And if I told your secrets
    The world'll know money can't stop a suicidal weakness
  • JonnyRoccIT
    JonnyRoccIT Members Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i was just coming in here to talk about "For Sale" .

That ? plays out like an eerie scene from a movie but at the same time makes you feel relaxed .
    ...Which is genius, because im sure if the devil tried to persuade you to sell your soul, he would want the experience to be as euphoric as possible .
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ALL YALL ? IS A STARRRRRR!!!!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Had to get the Best Buy cat to go to the back to grab me a copy cause they didnt have it on display smh. Bruh said they had 100 copies.
  • nj2089
    Options
    Jay Rock would've killed hood politics
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copped 2 physical copies this morning
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked it. It's a Pro Black album through and through. The Soulquarians and Dungeon Family were definitely musical influences on this record. Spoken poetry with jazz makes you think The Last Poets ..

.. but it's not better than GKMC to me

My favourite joint surprisingly is an interlude: 'For Sale?' .. ? is soulfully smooth

I liked 'Hood Politics' and 'How Much A Dollar Cost'.. .

The irony of naming a song 'Mortal Man' which includes a conversation with 2Pac. ..

4/5
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CAkiHasUsAIO2rv.jpg.

This is already over with
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And props to another HipHop legend Dr. Dre for overseeing this project seeing a mainstream release

I know the ? NaS went through with Def Jam for ? .. .
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    CAkiHasUsAIO2rv.jpg.

This is already over with

I know, but who went ?, any body here from the c.p.t.?