See, this is why I don't like cats.

Options

Comments

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    I hate cats them things are evil

And black people are low IQ having, violent crackheads who eat one another.

Cats are individuals, they're not the same one person. Every one of them has a unique personality. They are people and bigotry against them is as irrational and arrogant as racism or sexism against human groups. They feel the same basic emotions that human beings do, including love. They play because they like to have fun, they're afraid, they feel pain, they are aggressive when they feel threatened, they can be calm and peaceful, . Unlike human beings and maybe a handful of other animals, they can't be 'evil' or moral because they're no more cognitively developed than human infants who lack self-awareness and a capacity to make rational choices.

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

• Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hearing two cats fighting and screeching at each other at 2:30am is the worst ? ever.
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a solution, eat the cat.
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Alligators are such ? .I'd like to see that cat @5:00 try tht ? with a saltwater crocodile.

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Felines are GOAT.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cats are individuals, they're not the same one person. Every one of them has a unique personality. They are people and bigotry against them is as irrational and arrogant as racism or sexism against human groups. They feel the same basic emotions that human beings do, including love. They play because they like to have fun, they're afraid, they feel pain, they are aggressive when they feel threatened, they can be calm and peaceful, . Unlike human beings and maybe a handful of other animals, they can't be 'evil' or moral because they're no more cognitively developed than human infants who lack self-awareness and a capacity to make rational choices.

What the ? did I just read? The cat version of the "I Have A Dream" speech?

You're aware that you referred to CATS as people, right?
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A cat showed up at the house on Christmas morning and won't leave. She's still here smh
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

no way ur Black. No way no how
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »
    A cat showed up at the house on Christmas morning and won't leave. She's still here smh

Shouldn't have fed the ? .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't have a feline but ? dogs to the fullest.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Cats are on another level. One plotted to scratch my ? off when I went to ? . The ? was hiding behind the toilet and waited to the stream hit the water. Lunges at me with a war cry and ? was everywhere.

lol
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options

You probably already know that personhood hasn't always been considered synonymous with being biologically human. It's a moral designation. Chattel slaves were considered biologically human, or 'somewhat' human, but non-persons under the law. I won't bother arguing that all sentient animals are or should be considered persons. The fact is that it's inconsistent not to consider non-human animals who presumably lack self-awareness to be persons if you consider human infants under 18-24 months of age to be people despite the fact that they are no more cognitively developed than cats, dogs, chickens, horses or fish and also lack self-awareness and a capacity to make rational choices or form rational preferences. There is no impartial, logically consistent justification for considering a year old human infant (or a developmentally ? human adult who is cognitively like an infant under 18 months of age) to be a person if you don't consider cats and dogs and other animals to be people as well, its fundamentally no different than 18th century whites regarding African slaves as non-persons despite their having the same interests as Europeans (if someone argued that slavery was justified because African people could not feel pain or make rational choices or did not posses whatever feature is a prerequisite for having whatever they considered to be a persons 'interests' then they couldn't be accused of discrimination, discrimination involves disregarding someone's interests and not just assuming that they have none). A human infant has the potential to be a rational, self-aware being but so do zygotes and potential is not actuality. Everyone will eventually be dead but they're not dead now.

If you don't consider human infants under 18 months of age to be persons either because they are not rational, self-aware beings then I can't fault you for being inconsistent or accuse you of speciesism but you still have to include rats, pigeons, octopi, the non-human great apes, dolphins, magpies, elephants, dolphins and any other non-human animals who have demonstrated self-awareness. Even if you reject my concept of personhood based on a capacity to experience pleasure or pain and consider a person to be a rational, self-aware being or any living, biological entity or based on any other criteria that you think is a prerequisite for having interests (whatever is involved in harming/benefiting or wronging someone), you can't consider someone to be a person or non-person based on nothing other than whether or not they belong to your group, not if you want your position to have any kind of objective credibility. The fact that you intuitively think cats being people is silly isn't a rational argument.

I am black. We're not the Borg.
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I hate ornery ass cats, ones who just attack the ? out of you for no reason and you can't do ? about it. If you fight back they hulk the ? up. Those cats scare me, ? those ? .

My sisters cat got like that out of nowhere and I couldn't get out of the kitchen, so I threw a dish towel on its head and rushed it, grabbed it by the fur, took it out back and punted that ? . It looked like the magic carpet flying on the air, soon as it landed it bolted for me, I ran back in and didn't let it in ever again.

Yeah a roommate I had back in the day had a cat that that just couldn't get along. ? was just waiting for you to sit on the couch so he could take out ur ankles. Used to put on gloves and a hoody and go to work on em. Fat ? . And my sister got this ? ? cat jasper that keeps ? with me. Drop a shirt or sweater on em and ? em up. Almost spit in his food one time but I calmed down and just poured water in it. ? jasper.

fall1.gif
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I hate ornery ass cats, ones who just attack the ? out of you for no reason and you can't do ? about it. If you fight back they hulk the ? up. Those cats scare me, ? those ? .

My sisters cat got like that out of nowhere and I couldn't get out of the kitchen, so I threw a dish towel on its head and rushed it, grabbed it by the fur, took it out back and punted that ? . It looked like the magic carpet flying on the air, soon as it landed it bolted for me, I ran back in and didn't let it in ever again.

Yeah a roommate I had back in the day had a cat that that just couldn't get along. ? was just waiting for you to sit on the couch so he could take out ur ankles. Used to put on gloves and a hoody and go to work on em. Fat ? . And my sister got this ? ? cat jasper that keeps ? with me. Drop a shirt or sweater on em and ? em up. Almost spit in his food one time but I calmed down and just poured water in it. ? jasper.

Crying at bolded.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hearing two cats fighting and screeching at each other at 2:30am is the worst ? ever.

Yeah sometimes sounds like babies crying
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You probably already know that personhood hasn't always been considered synonymous with being biologically human. It's a moral designation. Chattel slaves were considered biologically human, or 'somewhat' human, but non-persons under the law. I won't bother arguing that all sentient animals are or should be considered persons. The fact is that it's inconsistent not to consider non-human animals who presumably lack self-awareness to be persons if you consider human infants under 18-24 months of age to be people despite the fact that they are no more cognitively developed than cats, dogs, chickens, horses or fish and also lack self-awareness and a capacity to make rational choices or form rational preferences. There is no impartial, logically consistent justification for considering a year old human infant (or a developmentally ? human adult who is cognitively like an infant under 18 months of age) to be a person if you don't consider cats and dogs and other animals to be people as well, its fundamentally no different than 18th century whites regarding African slaves as non-persons despite their having the same interests as Europeans (if someone argued that slavery was justified because African people could not feel pain or make rational choices or did not posses whatever feature is a prerequisite for having whatever they considered to be a persons 'interests' then they couldn't be accused of discrimination, discrimination involves disregarding someone's interests and not just assuming that they have none). A human infant has the potential to be a rational, self-aware being but so do zygotes and potential is not actuality. Everyone will eventually be dead but they're not dead now.

If you don't consider human infants under 18 months of age to be persons either because they are not rational, self-aware beings then I can't fault you for being inconsistent or accuse you of speciesism but you still have to include rats, pigeons, octopi, the non-human great apes, dolphins, magpies, elephants, dolphins and any other non-human animals who have demonstrated self-awareness. Even if you reject my concept of personhood based on a capacity to experience pleasure or pain and consider a person to be a rational, self-aware being or any living, biological entity or based on any other criteria that you think is a prerequisite for having interests (whatever is involved in harming/benefiting or wronging someone), you can't consider someone to be a person or non-person based on nothing other than whether or not they belong to your group, not if you want your position to have any kind of objective credibility. The fact that you intuitively think cats being people is silly isn't a rational argument.

I am black. We're not the Borg.

Nah ? . Nobody is reading that.
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't think there's a (domestic) cat in the world I couldn't have fall in love with me. I'm inclined to believe that all (domestic) cats respond to affection and the people who have had bad or even neutral experiences with some of them never went out of their way to show them love so they never bonded with them in return ; I'm inclined to believe that but I can't make any assumptions about individual cats I haven't met. If I'm not eaten, I could probably 'sweet talk' the most aggressive dobermans, pit bulls and rottweilers, too (not stereotyping all members of these breeds as violent, when they are I'm sure it's mostly because of bad parenting).

Interestingly, there was a study done that showed the cats involved were more likely to climb onto the laps of, rub against or generally seek attention from humans who claimed to like cats than they were to humans who claimed they disliked cats suggesting that cats pick up on subtle body language better than most humans assume. There isn't a cat in the world I couldn't love, even if the feeling wasn't reciprocated (that goes for all non-human animals, to some degree, even if I have a bias toward mammals and birds or it's more a friendly respect when it comes to some animals like insects and so on).
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have 5 cats, couldnt live without my lil creatures.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    33yg6qx.jpg

#creepset byron