'Creed' - 2015 Michael B Jordan, Sylvester Stallone, Phylicia Rashad & Tessa Thompson.

Options

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    first night watch. big krit on the preview

???
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ looking yoked nh. This movie looks solid
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options

texas409 wrote: »
    first night watch. big krit on the preview

???

"Life" from cadillactica was playing in the preview
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Welp, I'm sold.
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    if rocky would have just thrown in the damn towel then apollo would still be here.

Yeah I don't think it would've matter. Don't Mr. "I Will Break You" wasn't gonna stop pummeling Appllo's face.
  • Max.
    Options
    Online stream status

Mayyybee

• sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the from Rocky to Creed documentary. This fool sly made Michael B Jordan take a real punch from his opponent while shooting the scene lol
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watch the from Rocky to Creed documentary. This fool sly made Michael B Jordan take a real punch from his opponent while shooting the scene lol

You gotta pay dues and maybe that will toughen up Wallace a bit in the long run.

Sly stayed getting clocked while shooting these movies including the last one with Tarver. ? even in the non Rocky movies. Remember when Sly got a hairline fracture while shooting that fight scene with Stone Cold and just kept going? even Austin who has known neck issues was like "? !".
  • Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    That whole generation of 70's actors (Stallone, Pacino, De Niro, Keitel, Walken etc.) was really tough and paid a ? load of dudes on and off set. Michael B. Jordan who comes from a spoiled and sissified generation by comparison could always benefit from Sly's wisdom.
  • Broddie
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    That whole generation of 70's actors (Stallone, Pacino, De Niro, Keitel, Walken etc.) was really tough and paid a ? load of dudes on and off set. Michael B. Jordan who comes from a spoiled and sissified generation by comparison could always benefit from Sly's wisdom.

That's an idiotic statement.

Has Michael B Jordan said or done anything that would lead you to believe he's spoiled or sissified?

Besides it's not as if there weren't actors in the 70s who weren't ? .

Michael B. Jordan is a whitewashed ? type. Just watch his damn interviews if you want a source. Or look up how many times he's had to retract twitter statements. I like the dude's acting but he comes across as a punk.

Yeah but the ones who had prominent careers weren't is my point. Michael B. Jordan is still growing though. Dude ain't even out his 20's yet and a lot of those cats from the 70's were already in their 30's when they were where he is now. They were also in an era where actors got a rawer deal than today. They had a certain maturity to them through experience in the 60's and stuff that he still hasn't learned but could learn from cause that's why they're still in high regard. A lot of those guys like Nicholson or Sidney Poitier and James Caan.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe won

Now they got future on the commercial
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I will be there next weekend. Always been a fan of Rocky.
  • Max.
    Options
    Just another awful film
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie seems stupid, he all of a sudden decides to become a fighter and all of a sudden he's getting these big money fights??? That's what I got from the preview anyway unless it takes place over several years. And why the hell was he in a foster home like it's implying???
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Broddie wrote: »
    Yeah definitely a makeup job cause apparently
    Rocky has cancer and has been undergoing chemo sessions by the time of this movie.

Plus when you see his instagram posts documenting his return to Philly for this movie he looks like he usually does.

Also about the son/grandson thing word has it that it is supposed to be the son. Sly changed it to that himself when he tweaked the script; originally Adonis Creed was the grandson.

This ? is just too much for me, I know you gotta suspend belief when you watch Rocky movies but he had severe brain damage in Rocky V which was in 1990 and then ended up fighting Antonio Tarver 16 years later in Rocky Balboaand now 9 years after that he's supposed to be coherent enough to train another fighter while also battling cancer.

I remember reading on Wikipedia about some hidden gems about some of the movies in the Rocky series. When Rocky Balboa was written & the way Stallone addressed the concussion Rocky was diagnosed with in Rocky V, was that either Rocky had a serious/deep concussion that was diagnosed a as life threatening injury but later turned out as a misdiagnosis. (It was never explained on screen)

"The brain damage suffered in Rocky V is not addressed in this film, but in interviews, Stallone has said that the storyline explanation would have been that Rocky's brain damage was within the normal range for boxers. When tested for brain damage in Rocky V, Rocky was suffering the effects of a severe concussion as a result of the Drago fight, but he never sought a second or more informed opinion because he intended to retire anyway."

I read also that after Rocky IV they mentioned after the Russian got beat by Rocky his career was never the same and he was shamed by the entire country or something to that effect.

"According to Rocky: The Ultimate Guide, Ivan Drago was not permitted to resume his boxing career after his loss to Rocky Balboa because of the special circumstance that he could not officially turn pro in the USSR. Ivan Drago turned professional after the fall of the Soviet Union and accumulated a record of 31-0 (31 KO) while also winning a portion of the Heavyweight title. He never unified the title or fought the very top contenders (as a pro) because of promotional politics. His only defeat as a pro or an amateur fighter was at the hands of Rocky Balboa."
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.