• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sma

*Sees age*
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idiots. Her hair isnt straightened. Her bangs are but the rest of her hair is natural.

I'd imagine that she straightened the bangs due to the hair shrinkage issue with natural hair. If the bangs are that short when they are straightened, then they must be non-existent when it is natural.

Anyway, let that girl cook.
  • MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Examples of natural hair shrinkage:

86626e0beaf8e34512bcaae1890e1a0a.jpg
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Her definition is the best I've read.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    that colombiana?

No
    Zoe Saldana is columbiana

Good catch on that Katy perry video.... Wit the Aretha, watermelon, cornrow..
    Always good to expose ish like that

its the same girl

Zoe Saldana is ColumbiAna
    Amanda stenberg is rue from hunger games

Sorta look da same tho

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? happens wrote: »
    that colombiana?

No
    Zoe Saldana is columbiana

Good catch on that Katy perry video.... Wit the Aretha, watermelon, cornrow..
    Always good to expose ish like that

its the same girl

Zoe Saldana is ColumbiAna
    Amanda stenberg is rue from hunger games

Sorta look da same tho

Say g she played the little girl role when zoe was a child smh

Aint eem enough payers for you
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna be real for a minute, and just say her point is ? . Because she's wearing a "White" hair style in that video to start. Black women wear weaves left and right to get "that look". So it's comical how self-righteous some get when others do the same with cornrows, etc. If anything, this is a good thing because finally Black standards of beauty are becoming the norm. It already is with Black men, which is why White dudes are shaving their heads, and been copying our fashion styles for years. So why chastise White women for thinking Black hair styles looks good. This is ? progession.

At the end of the day, what does she and other like Banks want? Do they want White people NOT to embrace Black culture? Does she realize how different things are just the last 20 years or so for Black women in terms to how society views them. I swear this young "activists" don't know ? about the World.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall r something else...
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna be real for a minute, and just say her point is ? . Because she's wearing a "White" hair style in that video to start.

Oh look, bad logic

I haven't seen that in awhile
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If anything, this is a good thing because finally Black standards of beauty are becoming the norm.

I gotta agree with this part at least. Do we want white folks to stop imposing their European standards of beauty on us or do we want them to stop trying to look like us aka following our standards?
  • Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is a good thing, black hair styles are popular.

Maybe stop buying Asian hair if this culture vulture thing is an important issue.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    housemouse wrote: »
    If anything, this is a good thing because finally Black standards of beauty are becoming the norm.

I gotta agree with this part at least. Do we want white folks to stop imposing their European standards of beauty on us or do we want them to stop trying to look like us aka following our standards?

Exactly. For decades people have dissed black hair styles, and now that they'e getting accepted, some want to complain about? I don't get it. It would be like Asian people getting upset that White & Black people embrace their culture like martial arts and yoga.

Azelia Banks doesn't even date Black guys, so I'm not sure why people reference her opinion.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall really tryna invalidate her point of crackas being culture vultures because this lil black girl has straight bangs?? I cant even begin 2 understand that foolish "logic". Caping for white ? is a ? sickness a lot of yall need help for.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    Yall really tryna invalidate her point of crackas being culture vultures because this lil black girl has straight bangs?? I cant even begin 2 understand that foolish "logic". Caping for white ? is a ? sickness a lot of yall need help for.
    White ARE cultural vultures, but so is everyone else. Asian guys are walking around like cowboys, WuTang thinks their Samurai warriors, and you have Beckys twerking in the suburbs.

My question is.....so what? Again, how can this chick rock a White hairstyle and then complain about White's rocking a Black one?
  • Kakarot
    Options
    White ARE cultural vultures, but so is everyone else. Asian guys are walking around like cowboys, WuTang thinks their Samurai warriors, and you have Beckys twerking in the suburbs.

My question is.....so what? Again, how can this chick rock a White hairstyle and then complain about White's rocking a Black one?

Is this something that only black people are allowed to do? Because I loved the fact Wu Tang had the ancient Chinese martial arts angle. But if I try and get cornrows or 360 waves (done that before, they looked sick) I'm a vulture?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why in the ? do non-blacks come to black message boards?

Can't we do anything without you muthafuckas?

Ain't this girl ? mixed, maybe thats why her hair look like that
  • Kakarot
    edited April 2015
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »

Everything you own is made by my country. So no, you can't. Don't believe me? Look what says under the battery cover of your iphone.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kakarot might be ic rookie of the year
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Kakarot wrote: »

Everything you own is made by my country. So no, you can't. Don't believe me? Look what says under the battery cover of your iphone.

Sound like a cracka problem to me

? you and whatever ? ass ? you crawled out of ?
  • Kakarot
    Options

He... He called me the n word.

crying-asian-man-o.gif

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is Katy Perry serious with that video?

Smh.

Good drop, she took something that can be complex and broke it down to where it can really be understood.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I didn't know Goku was Chinese.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    Options
    There is no such thing as "black culture" guys, it belongs to everyone, culture has no color