Rue From "Hunger Games" Don't Cash Crop On My Cornrows

Options
13»

Comments

• Kakarot
    Kakarot Members Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Options
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "black culture" guys, it belongs to everyone, culture has no color

I was waiting to hear to you say that brother.
  • Kakarot
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    Kakarot wrote: »
    There is no such thing as "black culture" guys, it belongs to everyone, culture has no color

I was waiting to hear to you say that brother.

He was being sarcastic. You and that nubian ? are missing the point. It's not about black culture being accepted by white america, it's about the culture being appropriated and exploited by white america.

And throwing Wu-Tang in the mix doesn't validate your logic either. They don't try to erase the Asian origins of their styles, they embrace them and give them their proper respect. White america thinks Bo Derrick invented cornrows, Kim Kardashian made phat ? popular, and Miley Cyrus invented twerking. You little knuckleheads need to open your ? eyes. Don't be ignorant your whole lives. Smh.

Nobody is dumb enough to think Cyrus invented twerking or Kardashian made phat ? popular. Both of those things were done by none other than Beyonce.

Miley Cyrus invented twerking... She doesn't have an ass fam. Even if they did think that, who cares about what they think? They're dumb.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why in the ? do non-blacks come to black message boards?

Can't we do anything without you muthafuckas?

Ain't this girl ? mixed, maybe thats why her hair look like that

A non black own this you know that right?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We all culture vulture in some way and yall know it.
  • Kakarot
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Ah hell nah. They ain't ready to hear that.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not surprised, thats what culture vultures do, not like they would be concerned with their own people or anything like that, "hey, lets surround ourselves with the people we hate the most"
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.lizkidderhair.com/2014/09/09/dreads/

I know this woman and her irreverence, seemingly inadvertent, but blatant racism and misappropriation within this blog is mind numbing. It is the exact type of cultural appropriation that is addressed in the Rue's video.
  • chakrakhan
    chakrakhan Members Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options

I think because black people make themselves so easily trolled. Black people get angry and agitated too easily by obviously trolling.

Speaking of which, this woman needs to stop cash cropping the white man's internet.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chakrakhan wrote: »

I think because black people make themselves so easily trolled. Black people get angry and agitated too easily by obviously trolling.

Speaking of which, this woman needs to stop cash cropping the white man's internet.

Somebody ban this ? boy immediately, this proves that muthafuckas are way too worried about what black folks are doing. We stay on their minds.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna be real for a minute, and just say her point is ? . Because she's wearing a "White" hair style in that video to start. Black women wear weaves left and right to get "that look". So it's comical how self-righteous some get when others do the same with cornrows, etc. If anything, this is a good thing because finally Black standards of beauty are becoming the norm. It already is with Black men, which is why White dudes are shaving their heads, and been copying our fashion styles for years. So why chastise White women for thinking Black hair styles looks good. This is ? progession.

At the end of the day, what does she and other like Banks want? Do they want White people NOT to embrace Black culture? Does she realize how different things are just the last 20 years or so for Black women in terms to how society views them. I swear this young "activists" don't know ? about the World.

Shut the ? up
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We all culture vulture in some way and yall know it.

Truth is... this is halfway right, but it's not for the reasons they using to challenge her statements. European culture is socially enforced while black culture has always been attacked. The way we dress is a reason for whites to shoot us damn near. The message is cope or die. That's not a culture vulture. For us, that's more survival.

The difference is that a culture vulture is basically a con-artist. So her hairstyle is no justification for someone to say she's no better than such people or that her comments should be over looked. That's a weak excuse that only a racist uses to get away with ? .

"Everybody wants to be a ? , but nobody wants to be a ? ", folks shouldn't act like they don't know what this means all of sudden.