Star Wars: Battlefront (November 17) (PS4 & Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    reapin505 wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Of course it's clunky and a lot of bugs, it's a beta lol

this ? aint a beta...lol

its a glorified demo

Bruh i swear u ? about every game. What do u like?

i dont ? about every game fam...stop it

If you wanna have a real discussion, we can do that, but i aint about to go back and forth if you just wanna have a one sided view on stuff. I've been playing games since I was 5 years old. I have a very different outlook at my age today vs. back even when i was in college playing games

the problem with the industry is people who dont understand the difference b/t an actual beta, and a demo.

"Beta" in the gaming world has become that catchphrase just like "organic" has in the health industry.

Call something a "beta" so that people can have low expectations about playing a game. They claim to take notes and suggestions from the results from the beta, then say they will have them fixed by the time the actual release comes.

Releasing a "beta" within a month from a release isnt a beta fam. I used to be one of these people that used to think playing these "beta" versions was helping the devs fix stuff before release and the truth is that it doesnt fix anything substantial b/c they still have to meet the release date they promised to retailers. How much do you think they can actually fix in 30 days for a game they've been working on for 2+ years?

I'll give you an example of a game that really was a beta in the true sense of being buggy af and you saw progressions with each release. Prison Architect for PC was in alpha for 35 versions over the span of 3 years iirc, before it went to retail last week. While it technically never entered "beta", once they got to version 20 or so, the game was a beta b/c it wasnt really alpha code at that point.

I say that to say, you literally saw them fix ? from release to release. A guard or construction worker would get stuck b/t walls b/c at that point, they had to reconfigure the logic in which they operated. This was EARLY on, and by the time v.35 hit, that was no longer a problem.

Elder Scrolls Online and Star Wars The Old Republic come to mind. Those games were ? terrible on release.

elder scrolls was just a ? to begin with...iirc, a lot of the devs that were orginally apart of the project left or got fired or something. It was too ambitious for what it was trying to do.

I heard it was decent now, was thinking of trying it out again when I upgrade my pc and internet with a guildy. Launch for it was...infuriating at worse and ? punch the wall screaming rage inducing at best. It took a lot of the good things from games like Age of Conan and ? em up or had such ? servers you couldn't experience them. It got to the point where the server disconnected me constantly every five minutes and this was before my internet got a downgrade. I have never been so ? at a mmo before.

TOR was also terrible at launch, though not as bad as ESO. I do hope ESO has improved since launch because I need a mmo to waste time in.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought the visuals were pretty damn good tbh. The environment alone was very interesting, BUT, i wasnt impressed with the gameplay in my short time of playing. Gonna try and play some more this weekend, but initially, i wasnt blown away or anything.

yeah gfx seem pretty good i haven't checked my settings to see how high i had them on the game also played smooth seems very polished early on

i played it last nite but i forgot to turn it off so in the moring my kids saw it my son is and my lil girl is 9 idk y the girl was so interested but she wanted play it, my son knows a little bit about star wars

so i had one use the mouse and the other use the keyboard ? was straight comedy they where both shouting commands at each other like they where commanding a mech, they actually got a few kills the girl got a hang of aiming and shooting she always wasted a whole entire clip on an enemy but she got him sometimes two at a time idk how they manged with all the screaming and yelling at each other but they did it

my son noticed early on from watching star wars rebels in the storm troopers cant hit ?

so during the game he he goes "the white guys cant hit anything they soo bad hahahahahhaha even in the game they suck"

i wad dead

they went to school feeling like they truly accomplished something they actually won there first two games ( of course somebody was carrying them)

he carried that momentum to a 100 on his test

but.........

later on today we played and i tried out the other mode forgot the name but the 20 v 20 one

and we saw some guy controlling darth vader so both of is where like oooooooooooooooohhhhhhh coooool

but we where the imperials, then we saw luke and i was in my head i i gota ? this guy its gona cool as ? if i shoot him in the face well i did and i killed him i was hyped but...............................................

3509v2h.jpg

i think i lost my son today he really thought i killed Luke skywalker he went to bed crying i tried rejoining a game 3-4 x so i could get a spot on the rebels when i finally did i didn't see like he was done with the day and went to bed i fell bad somewhat

i got so many playthroughs recorded. I was kicking ass for a minute when I became luke until I was overwhelmed. I should have took it slow and assessed the battlefield instead of moving in like a tank blocking laser fire.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I only played the capture the escape pod mode. W/e it was called. ? was cool though I was kicking ass. Im gonna be the best player this game has ever seen.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its about to go down...

basement
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive been playing the 10 hour trial on xbox one. this game looks like ? on xbox;
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea this game is a pass.
  • Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Yea this game is a pass.

Don't do this my ? ...it can't be that bad
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is the game bad as the demo?
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imma get it because I got that 50 dollar coupon from Harlem. ? it. Brand new game for 30 bucks. U can sell that ? back for more than that
  • The Recipe
    Options
    Yea this game is a pass.

Don't do this my ? ...it can't be that bad

You didnt play the beta, its not terrible but it commits the biggest fps sins imo. The spawn camping is real.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just played two matches... It's actually fun.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2015
    Options
    i woke up 4 am this morning and it was already downloaded. did some training mode and some multiplayer it was everything i expected i cant wait for the jaku map to download on dec 1. i'll definitely cop the dlc when they drop.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    if you do play don't lock aim. this game is full of free aimers.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    told ya'll

Told us what? There no campaign mode? I been knowing.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »
    Just played two matches... It's actually fun.

If you on os4 add me Idobadthingz5 I need somebody to run survivals with.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    told ya'll

Naw he told us its a battlefield 4 reskin.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    told ya'll

Naw he told us its a battlefield 4 reskin.

never played battlefield before so could care less.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love this game
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people calling this mad shallow, little amount of maps, no conquest mode which is basically the main draw of these big fps games and then you got another $50 dlc
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Want this but I hear they're pulling a Destiny w half a game and expansion packs?
  • The Recipe
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Want this but I hear they're pulling a Destiny w half a game and expansion packs?

Buy it when its half price.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was disappointed in the beta. ? them and the "Oh it's not a sequel to Battlefront, it's our take on a Star Wars Battlefield" ? they were saying. This a $40 game. But slow ? are in awe over the "nice graphics" and "amazing sounds" and the fact that it is a Star Wars game.

Didn't even mention the dlc ?