Star Wars: Battlefront (November 17) (PS4 & Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Played a little bit last night. Pretty dope. Im buying when it drops. Campaign is gonna be pretty insane i bet.

There will be no single player campaign or story mode, pretty much online MP or vs. Bots only...

Sir, that is a real ? .
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played a little bit last night. Pretty dope. Im buying when it drops. Campaign is gonna be pretty insane i bet.

There will be no single player campaign or story mode, pretty much online MP or vs. Bots only...

Sir, that is a real ? .

Cosign...

EA ? up...
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its cool, like BO3 gameplay better though
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sir, that is a real ? .

Cosign...

EA ? up...

you can look at it as they ? up or they saved themselves and all the backlash and criticism from fanboys if they made some half assed attempt at a story.

I like Titanfall that there is really no story in the traditional sense, but the "single player" stuff they offer is just a glorified tutorial for the MP matches
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally i didnt care if it had a campaign because they are emphasising on mp so in theory they would cut out developemnt of the story and just double up on mp developers designers debuggers testers etc... But they clearly didnt do that because the core mechanics are broken you spawn and die an obsurd amout of times even in your base its like respwaning into a firing squad and darth vader and luke are ridiculous. Its sad because so many mp shooters in the market are broken. This is a pass I wouldnt cop this game for 20 dollars. Honestly hardline beta was alot better than this. Id be surprised if it last beyond a cpl months unless they do some major overhauling by launch
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Its cool, like BO3 gameplay better though

Dog ? vs horse ? pick your poison lol.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yea I suck

2/12 first game

4/9 second game,

? killing the ? outta me
  • Dupac
    Options
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

huh

Star Wars: Battlefront will have AI-controlled enemies for single-player/co-op modes like Survival, but there won't be a proper single-player campaign for players to dig into. The reason for that, Electronic Arts Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore told Gamespot, is simple: Hardly anyone would bother playing it anyway.

Moore said decisions like this are made years in advance of a game's release, and that can sometimes lead to problems. "Between when a dev team starts work on a game, and when it finishes, the world becomes a different place. I remember when we started work on Star Wars: The Old Republic; at the time, the model to go for was subscription," he explained. "By the time we had the game ready, the model to go for wasn't subscriptions. That's why we had to stop the game, and rebuilt it as a free-to-play title with microtransactions, but even then there were some people who said they wanted to keep their subscriptions."

Responding to the suggestion that 'triple-A' games like Star Wars: Battlefront "traditionally" sell better with a single-player campaign than without, Moore said "you might be right," but that "very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games. That's what the data points to."

EA has said in the past that Star Wars: Battlefront was intended to be a multiplayer game right from the start, but I think this is the first time that anyone has been so open as to exactly why that is. Do you agree? Numbers don't lie, as they say, but would the presence of a single-player campaign make you more likely to buy the game? Or is the online action really where it's at?

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-skipped-star-wars-battlefront-campaign-because-nobody-would-play-it/

"hardly anybody would bother playing it anyway." they don't know that. I've noticed lately that a lot of game developers are going cheap and taking the shortcut by skimping on the storymode and jumping on the online multiplayer bandwagon(gta v i'm looking at you). I've seen the first sign of this with golden eye wii. i'll let rockstar slide a little with that because they said the number of people who didn't finish gta IV cause them to make the decision for a smaller story mode with gta v. still though I feel that sacrificing story mode for online is a cheap money grab.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    one more thing I have to say is this game better be heavy on content. lots of maps, customizations, unlockables, game modes etc.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Sir, that is a real ? .

Cosign...

EA ? up...

you can look at it as they ? up or they saved themselves and all the backlash and criticism from fanboys if they made some half assed attempt at a story.

I like Titanfall that there is really no story in the traditional sense, but the "single player" stuff they offer is just a glorified tutorial for the MP matches

this game would have been perfect if it had a campaign mode similar to battlefront2. just a cutscene with narration from a character or two, luke , han etc. then you just go to the map and fight.
  • Dupac
    Options
  • Dupac
    Options
    Man this ? fun as ?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It is.. Lou_Cypher was ? me up yesterday its on and poppin later
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? i literallyliterally jumped up when we took a walker down
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

Being the rebels on Walker assault is an uphill battle
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @playmaker88 's face kept getting in the way of my blaster. You down to play some tonight? got a fresh bag of bud, ready to destroy some empire and/or rebel ? .

if yall havent already, add jsum907 to PS4 and catch that battlefront fade this evening.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Being the rebels on Walker assault is an uphill battle

Zero coordination lol...

People playing TDM when there are objectives to complete...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The character movements look really clunky
  • The Recipe
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    The character movements look really clunky

How they feel though the beta free we past what it looks like bro ? is playing the game now lol.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So yea I suck

2/12 first game

4/9 second game,

? killing the ? outta me

Sounds like your Running straight into the battle crouch and walk slowly to the points also stay behind cover

I catch allot of people so thirsty to run in to battle running wily nilly all out in the open makes it easy for me to ? them take your time

Coming from counter strike go to this game my aim feels like its robotic that game really sharpens your aim for ever other game

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The aiming is easy as ? , or maybe the force is just with me
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Put a few rounds in. Lots of fun. Better when the two sides actually go after the objectives. Room full of people doing that was GOAT. People standing back trying to snipe make me wish the game had friendly fire on.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Of course it's clunky and a lot of bugs, it's a beta lol