Star Wars: Battlefront (November 17) (PS4 & Xbox One)

Options

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Karl. wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »
    The game play aint looking that good to me

Literally looks like Battlefield with a skin.

it IS BF with a skin lol

but maybe this will interest some other people to the BF franchise that have never played b/c they thought it was like COD. Crazy what adding some skins and light sabers will do huh

Bfront is 3rd person which i dont ever recall being in bfield and btw bfront is not part of the bfield franchise. Smh its idiots like yall that sabotage games before they are released. I got like 400 hours in bf3 through hardline its safe to say im knowledgeable about the gameplay and it looks nothing a like or reskinned.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

it IS BF with a skin lol

but maybe this will interest some other people to the BF franchise that have never played b/c they thought it was like COD. Crazy what adding some skins and light sabers will do huh

Bfront is 3rd person which i dont ever recall being in bfield and btw bfront is not part of the bfield franchise. Smh its idiots like yall that sabotage games before they are released. I got like 400 hours in bf3 through hardline its safe to say im knowledgeable about the gameplay and it looks nothing a like or reskinned.

uhhh....I just saw a dude play BFront in FPS, and its using the DICE engine...it is a glorified skin Recipe. I wasnt saying it was a bad thing, but just pointing it out. It makes sense to keep them from having to build an entire game from scratch when there is already an engine in place to do so
  • The Recipe
    Options

it IS BF with a skin lol

uhhh....I just saw a dude play BFront in FPS, and its using the DICE engine...it is a glorified skin Recipe. I wasnt saying it was a bad thing, but just pointing it out. It makes sense to keep them from having to build an entire game from scratch when there is already an engine in place to do so

Downloading it now we will see it looks meh imo nothing like bfield ppl said hardline was a reskin its not they may be using some fundamental assests but the games play and feel very differently going off their track record bfront will follow this model.
  • AP21
    Options

it IS BF with a skin lol

Downloading it now we will see it looks meh imo nothing like bfield ppl said hardline was a reskin its not they may be using some fundamental assests but the games play and feel very differently going off their track record bfront will follow this model.

again, even if it is a skin, that doesnt make it a bad thing and i even added that hopefully this will bring other players to the Battlefield games b/c they were afraid of them playing too much like COD

I tried to d/l before i left for work this morning, but it just let me pre load it. I doubt it will be done by the time i get home
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to pre order to play the Beta? lol if so ? outta here
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

it IS BF with a skin lol

Dog the game is a re skin of Battlefield and you are the idiot if you don't see that lol.As soon as I seen that ? I thought Battlefield regardless of what changes were made to fit Star Wars.
  • AP21
    Options
    You need to pre order to play the Beta? lol if so ? outta here

for PC, i didnt have to pre order, but we'll see when i get home
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just got done playing the drop zone. still had to register that's that ? but I had fun though. the graphics are sharp it felt like I was playing battlefront 2 all over again if only they had combat rolling and the ability to see enemy blips on the minimap. you can only see objective objects on the minimap but not being able to see enemy troops coming will keep you on your toes.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Went to go pick up some weed and my roommate and his friends took over the ps4 and tv. Watching them play the beta and the ? looks pretty dope. Looking forward to this game coming out.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Graphics on this are dope. ? fun as hell 2. does ur rank transfer over when the game comes out
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    graphics were meh. There wasn't ? to play really. Wont buy this on release

Jay-Z-Ehhh.gif

• AP21
    Options
    I thought the visuals were pretty damn good tbh. The environment alone was very interesting, BUT, i wasnt impressed with the gameplay in my short time of playing. Gonna try and play some more this weekend, but initially, i wasnt blown away or anything.

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Played a little bit last night. Pretty dope. Im buying when it drops. Campaign is gonna be pretty insane i bet.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Played a little bit last night. Pretty dope. Im buying when it drops. Campaign is gonna be pretty insane i bet.

There will be no single player campaign or story mode, pretty much online MP or vs. Bots only...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

There will be no single player campaign or story mode, pretty much online MP or vs. Bots only...

huh
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea this is definitely a Battlefield reskin. Lots of running toward objectives to be done.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

huh

Star Wars: Battlefront will have AI-controlled enemies for single-player/co-op modes like Survival, but there won't be a proper single-player campaign for players to dig into. The reason for that, Electronic Arts Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore told Gamespot, is simple: Hardly anyone would bother playing it anyway.

Moore said decisions like this are made years in advance of a game's release, and that can sometimes lead to problems. "Between when a dev team starts work on a game, and when it finishes, the world becomes a different place. I remember when we started work on Star Wars: The Old Republic; at the time, the model to go for was subscription," he explained. "By the time we had the game ready, the model to go for wasn't subscriptions. That's why we had to stop the game, and rebuilt it as a free-to-play title with microtransactions, but even then there were some people who said they wanted to keep their subscriptions."

Responding to the suggestion that 'triple-A' games like Star Wars: Battlefront "traditionally" sell better with a single-player campaign than without, Moore said "you might be right," but that "very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games. That's what the data points to."

EA has said in the past that Star Wars: Battlefront was intended to be a multiplayer game right from the start, but I think this is the first time that anyone has been so open as to exactly why that is. Do you agree? Numbers don't lie, as they say, but would the presence of a single-player campaign make you more likely to buy the game? Or is the online action really where it's at?

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-skipped-star-wars-battlefront-campaign-because-nobody-would-play-it/
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to download when I get home later after work. But ya, as the above poster said there is no single player for this game. Online only. Or playing offline vs bots..
  • AP21
    Options

huh

Star Wars: Battlefront will have AI-controlled enemies for single-player/co-op modes like Survival, but there won't be a proper single-player campaign for players to dig into. The reason for that, Electronic Arts Chief Operating Officer Peter Moore told Gamespot, is simple: Hardly anyone would bother playing it anyway.

Moore said decisions like this are made years in advance of a game's release, and that can sometimes lead to problems. "Between when a dev team starts work on a game, and when it finishes, the world becomes a different place. I remember when we started work on Star Wars: The Old Republic; at the time, the model to go for was subscription," he explained. "By the time we had the game ready, the model to go for wasn't subscriptions. That's why we had to stop the game, and rebuilt it as a free-to-play title with microtransactions, but even then there were some people who said they wanted to keep their subscriptions."

Responding to the suggestion that 'triple-A' games like Star Wars: Battlefront "traditionally" sell better with a single-player campaign than without, Moore said "you might be right," but that "very few people actually play the single-player on these kinds of games. That's what the data points to."

EA has said in the past that Star Wars: Battlefront was intended to be a multiplayer game right from the start, but I think this is the first time that anyone has been so open as to exactly why that is. Do you agree? Numbers don't lie, as they say, but would the presence of a single-player campaign make you more likely to buy the game? Or is the online action really where it's at?

http://www.pcgamer.com/ea-skipped-star-wars-battlefront-campaign-because-nobody-would-play-it/

sounds like Titanfall tbh

you have the AI bots/grunts, then the Human players
  • The Recipe
    Options
    So what are those big walker tanks reskins of? what are these big ass maps reskins of? what are the blasters reskins of? lol. None of you ? calling it a reskin dont even play battlefield thats what makes the claims so obsurd. But the gameplay is decent probably will pass on it 3rd person is fire but on walker assult when u spawn an ? ? you in your own base that is gamebreaking.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • AP21
    edited October 2015
    Options
    So what are those big walker tanks reskins of? what are these big ass maps reskins of? what are the blasters reskins of? lol. None of you ? calling it a reskin dont even play battlefield thats what makes the claims so obsurd. But the gameplay is decent probably will pass on it 3rd person is fire but on walker assult when u spawn an ? ? you in your own base that is gamebreaking.

recipe...i think you are blowing this way out of proportion fam lol...btw...i PLAY Battlefield

it doesnt have to be a 1:1 exact replica to be considered a skin

the player models, the way they hold weapons, throw grenades, etc...is EXACTLY the same stuff in BField. Again, this is probably from a infrastructure standpoint where it makes sense b/c you dont have to create something from scratch. The infrastructure is already there. At that point, its about using the engine to curtail it to your game specifically.

and again, the laser "pew pew" takes the place of the bullets.

The environment is phenomenal b/c of all the stuff going on in the background. Im not even a fan of the movie series, but even i was like "damn, this must be how it feels to be in this setting"...BUT, at its core, it is Bfield brah
  • The Recipe
    Options
    I can say this if gta player movement was similar to this id ? with it heavy