White Murder Suspect (w/ Hand In Pocket) Chases Cop & Begs Cop To Shoot Him..... Cop Refuses.

Options
2»

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    wow, a lot of feelings here about a brave cop doing the right thing.

Ain't nothing wrong with the cop handling the situation professionally. It should be applauded but don't make a statement that it's progession when it's ome cop out of thousands who does that and that the suspect was also white at that.

At least two things can be observed in this video that I have read the vast majority of IC posters want to see happen with law enforcement.

1) Body cams. We saw first hand the situation the officers was confronted with and the actions he took.
    2) Use of deadly force as a last resort. If the officer had shot, I don't think a court in the land would have faulted him but he risked his life and assessed the situation professionally and chose not to shoot.

That is why I cited progress.

lmao you really don't get it? White people NOT getting killed by cops ain't progress. White people have BEEN the beneficiaries of police restraint wtf
  • semi-auto-mato
    semi-auto-mato Members Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no one is really addressing the real problem with these cops. the problem is fear. u get these white cops from the suburbs running around these inner cities and they scared as hell. he see a black dude and automatically he scared to death so a routine stop becomes a life or death situation for them. there is no training for fear. a ? scared then he scared. he is gonna shoot if he got a gun. the law should require two things...cops should not be able to shoot unless fired upon and the second is cops had to live in the community for at least 5 years.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like progress to me. He had every right to shoot him. It's scary to see what Police have to deal with.

The worst problem I deal with at work is my mouse\? hand getting sore ( between working all day and gaming all night on a PC, it's hard on a G's fingers )

somebody ban this uncle tom ? supreme geek please!!!!
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    no one is really addressing the real problem with these cops. the problem is fear. u get these white cops from the suburbs running around these inner cities and they scared as hell. he see a black dude and automatically he scared to death so a routine stop becomes a life or death situation for them. there is no training for fear. a ? scared then he scared. he is gonna shoot if he got a gun. the law should require two things...cops should not be able to shoot unless fired upon and the second is cops had to live in the community for at least 5 years.

That fear for their lives ? just a line that they have to use. They teach police how to write reports and what to and how to say ? for interviews. Instead saying the officer threw said suspect on the ground, in the report it will read officer such and such PLACED the suspect on the ground.

I agree with you about so many of the police never living in the types of environments they are policing.

The biggest problem/issue is that the police new and old are being brainwashed into a us(police) vs. them(all civilians) especially black people mentality. We also have a lot of ex-military people coming back and being hired as police officers and they are bringing that if they are not fellow officers they are enemy combants train of thought with them on the job. A lot of the ex-military people are ? up in the head once they get back and to put in these types of jobs is begging for the trouble and that is just a few of the reasons why we are having the issues that we are now.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

The real problem is NOT fear. Did Slager seem like he was really afraid of Scott as he was running away?

The real problem is hate and lack of sympathy.
  • semi-auto-mato
    Options

The real problem is NOT fear. Did Slager seem like he was really afraid of Scott as he was running away?

hate maybe...lack of sympathy...maybe but yeah I think fear played a part in it. I think if u put a black cop in that same situation most would not be scared of scott. they might not have sympathy for him or his situation and they might not like him but they wouldn't look at him my life is on the line. I think white cops do look at us that way.

• semi-auto-mato
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

That fear for their lives ? just a line that they have to use. They teach police how to write reports and what to and how to say ? for interviews. Instead saying the officer threw said suspect on the ground, in the report it will read officer such and such PLACED the suspect on the ground.

I agree with you about so many of the police never living in the types of environments they are policing.

The biggest problem/issue is that the police new and old are being brainwashed into a us(police) vs. them(all civilians) especially black people mentality. We also have a lot of ex-military people coming back and being hired as police officers and they are bringing that if they are not fellow officers they are enemy combants train of thought with them on the job. A lot of the ex-military people are ? up in the head once they get back and to put in these types of jobs is begging for the trouble and that is just a few of the reasons why we are having the issues that we are now.

I agree with you that moving military folks up the list is a problem as well. we don't know what mental issues they dealing with after a few tours
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options

hate maybe...lack of sympathy...maybe but yeah I think fear played a part in it. I think if u put a black cop in that same situation most would not be scared of scott. they might not have sympathy for him or his situation and they might not like him but they wouldn't look at him my life is on the line. I think white cops do look at us that way.

I agree that fear is a part of it.