Get NBA 2K16 Four Days Early By Preordering

Options

Comments

• Cinco
    Cinco Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    2K severs + MyLeague Online = one disastrous launch day

2K15 launch was an epic failure, I remember that trailer hyping My Park and The Stage and ? was hype, damn shame the ? didn't even work at launch.

Now this I have to agree on.
    Me and my patnas stayed up till 3AM trying to get into the Jordan Rec
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy flip 2k15/GTA V or 2k15/MK X towards this. I was gone wait until Black Friday to make up my mind on coppin either 2k16 or Live 16 but I'm not wasting my time on Live when EA has said no roster updates would be in the game. It's already bad enough you can't manually update rosters in Live at least 2k gives us that option.

Live is like 3 steps forward, 7 steps backwards with every release.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    Tomorrow I'm going to Best Buy flip 2k15/GTA V or 2k15/MK X towards this. I was gone wait until Black Friday to make up my mind on coppin either 2k16 or Live 16 but I'm not wasting my time on Live when EA has said no roster updates would be in the game. It's already bad enough you can't manually update rosters in Live at least 2k gives us that option.

Don't fabricate ? to justify your decision.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

u gon defend live to the death, aint it
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So all this MyPlayer, MyLeague, MyGM, ? is just created player fantasy basketball right?
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

I'll switch it up and become a mindless sheep for team 2K just for your approval.
  • willhustle
    edited August 2015
    Options

Don't fabricate ? to justify your decision

RAPH wrote: »

I think this is what he means...

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed:

1439561937-media.jpg

That's enough reason not to buy Live IMO

Exactly. Now go sit down somewhere @ZydecoShawty
  • willhustle
    Options
    2K severs + MyLeague Online = one disastrous launch day

2K15 launch was an epic failure, I remember that trailer hyping My Park and The Stage and ? was hype, damn shame the ? didn't even work at launch.

That's my biggest issue with 2k and some of the gameplay mechanics. I really hate playing 2k online because you never know what the servers gone do and the online lag just really ? up games for me.
  • Los216
    Options
    Why are people complaining about editing rosters? The game will have the most current and real NBA rosters updated weekly. Are ? really mad because they can't put Lebron on the Lakers or put Anthony Davis on the Bulls?

It's not fantasy basketball. It's supposed to be real simulation basketball. When did people by basketball games to customize their shoes and clothes? Y'all wanna change hairstyles and ? now? It's simulation basketball not arcade basketball.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

Don't fabricate ? to justify your decision

RAPH wrote: »

I think this is what he means...

No NBA Player or Roster Editing in NBA Live 16 Confirmed:

1439561937-media.jpg

That's enough reason not to buy Live IMO

Exactly. Now go sit down somewhere @RAPH

Roster updates and roster editing is two entirely different things ? , and you said that there will be no roster updates. You sure you really know what a roster update is?
  • willhustle
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    Why are people complaining about editing rosters? The game will have the most current and real NBA rosters updated weekly. Are ? really mad because they can't put Lebron on the Lakers or put Anthony Davis on the Bulls?

It's not fantasy basketball. It's supposed to be real simulation basketball. When did people by basketball games to customize their shoes and clothes? Y'all wanna change hairstyles and ? now? It's simulation basketball not arcade basketball.

Idc about none of that ? but when EA says their will be no roster updates on their end and I can't manually edit rosters myself then what's the point of even buying the game? If it's supposed to be simulation basketball I want as much authenticity that I can get including current rosters/trades.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

I'll switch it up and become a mindless sheep for team 2K just for your approval.

well uve already got the mindless sheep part down pat.
  • Los216
    Options

Idc about none of that ? but when EA says their will be no roster updates on their end and I can't manually edit rosters myself then what's the point of even buying the game? If it's supposed to be simulation basketball I want as much authenticity that I can get including current rosters/trades.

There will be roster updates. Say for instance a trade happens in real life. That week the roster on the game will be updated. What they will not have is the ability to manually trade and release players. You can still reorder depth charts as well.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    So all this MyPlayer, MyLeague, MyGM, ? is just created player fantasy basketball right?

no, its for ? who wanna do a lil more than just play meaningless games vs a homie or cpu all day. u can still have realistic simulation basketball within all those modes
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah it's pretty pathetic that a next gen sports game in 2015 doesn't even have roster editing. This isn't Double Dribble on NES, even Sega had roster editing lol, EA dropped the ball with this one.

Maybe a few people like Zydeco and Los216 don't care for roster editing but the greater majority of fans do!

And not it's not to "create super teams", but to keep up with the realism of the NBA, NBA players change their accessories all the time and the ability to be able to keep up with that through editing the roster should be available.

Also, roster updates don't always come on time. Sometimes there not even 100% accurate, a lot of the time player ratings have to be fixed because they were wrong from the get go, with certain players being rated too high or too low, tendencies being off, etc.

And Zydeco don't tell me you don't care about the ability to update players accessories when you were upset at the fact that in past 2K games the players jerseys were too untucked.
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited August 2015
    Options

You're worst than me, you just tell yourself otherwise.
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also sometimes jersey #'s are wrong and need to be changed, and even certain players who aren't even in the game at all like un-drafted rookies need to be created and put on the rosters.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

u wanna be a contrarian so bad
  • Los216
    Options

no, its for ? who wanna do a lil more than just play meaningless games vs a homie or cpu all day. u can still have realistic simulation basketball within all those modes

I understand what you're saying but the realistic simulation basketball mode should not be taking a backseat to those other modes. Those other modes are "extra" and the simulation aspect of the game should be improved before they put so much more energy into the other aspects of the game.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

There will be roster updates. Say for instance a trade happens in real life. That week the roster on the game will be updated. What they will not have is the ability to manually trade and release players. You can still reorder depth charts as well.

I question if some of these people even realize that neither game allows you to play online with 'edited rosters', only the ? the game developers give you when they update the rosters. Edited rosters are for offline play only.
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

u wanna be a contrarian so bad

Nah, I seen ? for the last two years on next-gen consoles.
  • Los216
    Options
    If you're gonna compare Live and 2k then it should start with gameplay and the presentation of the actual gameplay. Roster editing and other game modes hold little weight. How many years has Madden improved ? that wasn't on the field for extra in game ? ?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    ok, and how does live game play compare to 2k
  • Los216
    Options
    ok, and how does live game play compare to 2k

I haven't seen enough of either to make a good comparison