Better Overall Wrestler Vol. 2: HBK vs Stone Cold Steve Austin

Options

Comments

• professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Watch some of stunning steve's us title matches in wcw. Some of the most technically sound matches to date.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    Hbk was a better overall wrestler. Austin did the same routine over & over
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    I'm a big Austin fan but I gotta give it to HBK. He's second on my GOAT list behind Flair.
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    Austin was a ? heel imo, 2 man power trip proved that, never was feeling that ? , HBK top 5 heels all time easily but could ? it as a face too
  • JohnBlackwell
    JohnBlackwell Members Posts: 134 ✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    Shawn, hands down. And I LOVE Austin.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin

You werent watching
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK

You werent watching

I think he meant in ring wise, after the neck injury Austin kept it brawler style 95% of the time..
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    blu197 wrote: »

You werent watching

I think he meant in ring wise, after the neck injury Austin kept it brawler style 95% of the time..

Well this isnt the better in ring, but I just watched Bret vs Stone Cold, and Angle vs Stone Cold. Dude def switched it up and was on point in nearly every matched, and while he wasnt as athletic as HBK his in ring psychology was tied, and he was a better ring general. He really controlled that ? , and sold it realistically. He was beyond special.

The problem is ? are far to removed from the Attitude era now to remember how special he was down to the eccentricity, so they based ? on what they generally remember. A whole bunch of cuss words, middle fingers, head bobbing, mud hole stomping, stone cold stunner, blood n skulls, and beer. Austin was way more than people remember.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    HBK
    with these questions, some people, myself included are just gonna be inclined to weigh the in ring part a lil more, of course austin was a goat all around, but if i have to break a tie between these two, thats where im going
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    with this questions, some people, myself included are just gonna be inclined to weigh the in ring part a lil more, of course austin was a goat all around, but if i have to break a tie between these two, thats where im going
    All around = overall. I donf get what youre saying. Better all around = better overall.
    You said Austin was but then say there was a tie breaker. I dont get it bro.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    with this questions, some people, myself included are just gonna be inclined to weigh the in ring part a lil more, of course austin was a goat all around, but if i have to break a tie between these two, thats where im going
    All around = overall. I donf get what youre saying. Better all around = better overall.
    You said Austin was but then say there was a tie breaker. I dont get it bro.

i said austin was a goat all around, hbk is one also imo, thats why my first post i said i had them as 1a and b. austin had slightly more charisma, hbk was slightly better in ring, i put a lil bit more weight on in ring.
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Options
    HBK
    Charisma has got to be equal man, remember when HBK was around screwjob time? Dude got insane amount of heat
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    HBK
    Charisma has got to be equal man, remember when HBK was around screwjob time? Dude got insane amount of heat

When HBK was on coke in the 90s and didn't give af it was crazy the amount of ? Vince let him get away with on mic before the Attitude Era even officially began. It wasn't just some "I'm gonna whop your ass" Austin ? , he was burying ? on the mic to where it was damn near a shoot, the "Sunny Days" promo to Bret is one of the most hilarious/etherous things ever said in business, Bret had to go backstage and throw hands with HBK after that...
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    blu197 wrote: »

When HBK was on coke in the 90s and didn't give af it was crazy the amount of ? Vince let him get away with on mic before the Attitude Era even officially began. It wasn't just some "I'm gonna whop your ass" Austin ? , he was burying ? on the mic to where it was damn near a shoot, the "Sunny Days" promo to Bret is one of the most hilarious/etherous things ever said in business, Bret had to go backstage and throw hands with HBK after that...

There you go trivializing Austin again. This time his promos.
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2015
    Options
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Options
    HBK
    I could never vibe with Austin as a heel, Hunter made that team and was on one of the goat heel runs that time, I'm not bias or anything but that heel run for Austin was ? . That was heat for HHH, Austin it was more shock. HBK killed it as a heel every night he was out there
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    I could never vibe with Austin as a heel, Hunter made that team and was on one of the goat heel runs that time, I'm not bias or anything but that heel run for Austin was ? . That was heat for HHH, Austin it was more shock. HBK killed it as a heel every night he was out there

What?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiRbzJ2aQ4E
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    Stone Cold vs Booker T
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW_1nNKKnJ0
    Austin vs Booker T in the supermarket
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yWxFl-DCA
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HBK
    Austin vs booker is pure gold comedy
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options

lol triple h didn't need anymore heat. dude was already the most hated wrestler in the fans eyes (? never changes)

triple h did what he always do. I always said he's the greatest heel because you truly hate the ?

but Austin? dude was on another level. and with an already established heel? shiiiiet. nobody was safe. all the baby faces got ? up. not just beaten. ? UP

the rock
    the hardys
    J.R.
    undertaker
    Kane
    even lita got that work b. steel chairs to the back, ribs, neck

wwe_austinchairqg8.gif

look at these ? . savage ?
    http://youtu.be/iIzh0h4ntfk
    "the brothers of destruction have been destroyed"
    J.R. and Heymans commentary was gold
    who else had undertaker and kane on the floor begging for mercy like little ? ? man y'all ? better recognize Austin's trillness during that time

my perspective on this differs because I didn't start watching until 2000. I was just going with the flow and at 7 the ? was real to me. cheer the good guys. boo the bad guys.
    so I didn't understand the significance of austin joining forces with McMahon and how that bothered everyone who were fans before or during the attitude era.

I understand why this is a soft spot for some.....but ? y'all feelings. heel Austin was that ?

until he started begging for hugs and ? . couldn't get with that
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    HBK
    Damn bruh u just made me fee like a old ?
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    HBK
    Even Austin admits HBK is the best worker of all time whenever he mentions him in the podcast. Austin has had classics tho but Michaels got him with the longevity. If Austin never got his neck ? up this would be a closer debate.

Oh yeah, as far as the mic/charisma its Austin above all else.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    Stone Cold Steve Austin
    grYmes wrote: »
    Even Austin admits HBK is the best worker of all time whenever he mentions him in the podcast. Austin has had classics tho but Michaels got him with the longevity. If Austin never got his neck ? up this would be a closer debate.

Worker and overall wrestler are two different things. People forget the HBK n Austin tag team also.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HBK
    grYmes wrote: »

Worker and overall wrestler are two different things. People forget the HBK n Austin tag team also.

Whats they're tag team got to do with anything? That didn't last very long & the only memorable thing about it was their one on one match at King of the Ring that year (better than Wrestlemania 14 IMO). Austin has him on the mic but Michaels edges him as the overall wrestler due to the matches. He's got a ? ton of awesome ones spanning two decades. Like I said, if his neck never got ? up Austin more than likely would of been done as recently as a few years ago so he probably would of a alot more great matches. But that didn't work that way, so I'm with HBK.