Baltimore gets bloodier as arrests drop post-Freddie Gray

Options

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If this doesn't show that the community needs to look inward I'm not sure what will.

"I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015"
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just got real in my neighborhood last night..

had to tell a ? he a grown man, we ain't trying to tell him what to do, but if he would respectfully do that ? away from the street we got our families on I can give a ? less....

you go your way, i'll go mines and i have no concerns with what's going on...just keep that ? from in front of my house...

•   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is chess. We are losing pawns.
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That was a joke @Stiff but seriously though the mindset is the most difficult thing to achieve. I think it requires discipline.

Smarter people than us in higher positions of power have discussed all of these issues ad nauseam and yet here we are still talking about it. Its all redundant.

Nothing will change until the people change. That is the fundamental truth. Unfortunately for most in that situation, daily life is a war...and for people in a war, hope is fleeting.

It's obvious who hurts most when the war is a civil one.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Listen, when society keep telling you you're lower. Everybody isn't hard wired to take that stand and say i'm not. When you see some of the ? these kids see, it's hard to see beyond the projects, i'm not saying it's impossible. and I'd never reinforce that excuse with "those" children, but let's see ? try to win the 100 yard dash with 1 leg cut off, that's pretty much the circumstances these youngins is dealt a lot of the time, then when you settle for what you've been given(low income, lack of education, low paying jobs, lack of finacial literacy), they have a way of instilling that ? it attitude in your children, then once one of the children get out, the pressure to keep it real remains and sometimes you get drug back in. Vicious cycle doesn't even begin to bring it to terms. To be a black man living in poverty, I wouldn't wish that on nobody. There's so much that comes with it. Then you said ? love jail, are you out of your ? mind? Nobody loves jail, it's not for humans, but like I said, there's a certain hopelessness bruh, where you just accept your position in the world. Why ? about it, real ? ain't ? about jail, they take it in stride. You can never show weakness in the jungle.

These are excuses we've become accustomed to telling ourselves to make the negative ? we do acceptable. There's no one with a whip telling us to pick cotton anymore. There are no longer colleges denying us entry into their institutions because of our race. Hell yeah, we have it harder than everyone else. That's the gift and the curse of being Black. Our struggle is harder because, at our core, we're greater at handling it. Nowadays u have ? ? that don't embrace the struggle, that feel like selling drugs to US, robbing US, pimping US is a means to some kind of end. It's nothing prideful about any of that ? . That "only ? can judge me" rhetoric is exactly why we're in this situation now. U want to do better, be better and provide an example of what positivity looks like. And that doesn't require leaving the hood, just taking pride in it in all aspects
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't change until you get up and wash your ass ?
    ? don't change until you get up and wash your ass
    ? don't change until you get up and wash your ass ?
    Oh now, slow down
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one thing i hate hearing is that .....
    people who make it out is the exception and not the rule.

i always want to know why they cant be the rule.

like @playmaker88 says.....the mindset.

why look at yourself as lower because you are in a low cost area?

then you got ? who love jail.....they do whatever they gotta do to be in jail. i call them communist ? .....cause they want someone to give them everything and tell them what to do..

Well when you use phrases like "make it out" that kind of implies that you're not supposed to survive.

But okay you say the mind states of people are ? up and I agree..how'd the mind states get tucked up though?

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is many problems with the hood. The biggest is lack of jobs. White folks aint gonna give us jobs cuz those cacs do not care about us. So what we need is more black buisnesses created to give these lost ? direction. This is what Dr Cluade Andersen was talking about building a black economy so we wouldnt be dependent on the people who despise us. People wont respect you when you are broke and begging.

Another we need a new version of the black panthers to police the hood. This means finding the inter state weapons traffickers who are giving these gangs guns. Tracking them down ourselves since the govt isnt motivated to shut them down.

And it starts with us black men. Black women dont respect us cuz we aint building nothing for our community. It all comes down to money. Money is leverage and can change alot of ? . You never whites or asians begging for jobs. They build businesses and think of the greater community good. This violence needs to stop. The cops aint ? we should have expected them to do a work slow down and we should have filled the vaccum with a force to police the hoods in Baltimore. The enemy is playing chess whilebwe are playing tick tac toe.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listen, when society keep telling you you're lower. Everybody isn't hard wired to take that stand and say i'm not. When you see some of the ? these kids see, it's hard to see beyond the projects, i'm not saying it's impossible. and I'd never reinforce that excuse with "those" children, but let's see ? try to win the 100 yard dash with 1 leg cut off, that's pretty much the circumstances these youngins is dealt a lot of the time, then when you settle for what you've been given(low income, lack of education, low paying jobs, lack of finacial literacy), they have a way of instilling that ? it attitude in your children, then once one of the children get out, the pressure to keep it real remains and sometimes you get drug back in. Vicious cycle doesn't even begin to bring it to terms. To be a black man living in poverty, I wouldn't wish that on nobody. There's so much that comes with it. Then you said ? love jail, are you out of your ? mind? Nobody loves jail, it's not for humans, but like I said, there's a certain hopelessness bruh, where you just accept your position in the world. Why ? about it, real ? ain't ? about jail, they take it in stride. You can never show weakness in the jungle.

? ....

? are hard wired.

imma break down your post when i get back from dinner....
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    ? just got real in my neighborhood last night..

had to tell a ? he a grown man, we ain't trying to tell him what to do, but if he would respectfully do that ? away from the street we got our families on I can give a ? less....

you go your way, i'll go mines and i have no concerns with what's going on...just keep that ? from in front of my house...

this is where is starts....props
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

then you got ? who love jail.....they do whatever they gotta do to be in jail. i call them communist ? .....cause they want someone to give them everything and tell them what to do..

Well when you use phrases like "make it out" that kind of implies that you're not supposed to survive.

But okay you say the mind states of people are ? up and I agree..how'd the mind states get tucked up though?
    from the excuses.

if you keep making an excuse why you losing fights before the fight starts...why would you train harder?

when i say make it out....i mean.....you do better .....you make it out of poverty....you have the option of staying or the option of leaving. you make it out of the mindframe that keeps some many people down.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    The ghetto is ? up...that's a fact. Why is the ghetto ? up?

because people learn to live with excuses for their situation.
    the people i know who made it out the hood...their parents never had money but they didnt make excuses why they didnt have money..they didnt make it ok they was living below the poverty line...they did what they had to survive but they never made it like it was ok to live like that.

they put more importance into standing in line for 5 hours at walmart on black friday to get that tv than to wait in line for 2 at a job fair.

man i have so many solutions......but it always comes with me being a ? or not understanding.

I wouldn't call you a ? . But uhhhhh...............That was kind of whoa, especially coming from you. But I don't know your background, so I can't say.
    why you say "coming from me"

I've read your posts. That was outside of what i'm used to seeing from you.

specifics....im still not following you
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just because a hamster wheel is in the room doesn't mean you have to jump on.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Insane that they can,get away with this...and lwts be honest very embarrassing that it implies we're animals who need to be governed

These nggas 'juking stats'. A real life Hamsterdam... And its in Baltimore. The legend and prophesy of The Wire keeps growing
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They sound like the ? hadjis in iraq.

Yall ? live in this community, will rise against the police, POLICE the police but wont organize to run the filth out of your community.

Perpetual victims too afraid to do what it takes to take their streets back.
    These are VERY poverty stricken communities. What you're seeing is low income neighborhoods, with poorly educated schools & high unemployment rates, placed on top of each other. Anytime you got poor ppl housed condensed in a tight space, you will have a high crime. Its deeper than "? can do better". Its not about ? . Its about the poor & uneducated
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

from the excuses.

if you keep making an excuse why you losing fights before the fight starts...why would you train harder?

when i say make it out....i mean.....you do better .....you make it out of poverty....you have the option of staying or the option of leaving. you make it out of the mindframe that keeps some many people down.

What are excuses being made for and why are they making excuses
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The violence and despair is the result of racial discrimination and failed government policy

Just a few years ago, Wells Fargo agreed to pay millions of dollars to Bmore and its residents to settle a landmark lawsuit brought by the city claiming the bank unfairly steered minorities who wanted to own homes into subprime mortgages

Before that, there was the ? epidemic of the 90s and the rise of mass incarceration

Than there was the decline of good industrial jobs in the 80s

Before all that, blk families were displaced in Baltimore to build new highways, schools and housing projects. Pieces of their neighborhoods including play grounds bulldozed

And there was redlining, a practice where banks refused to lend at all in blk neighborhoods

I seen it happen in Detroit

Inequality, created over the years by active decisions and government policies that have again and again dismantled the same communities, each time making them socially, economically, and politically weaker

The violence needs to end, but how can we ask young ppl many of whom are from impoverished broken homes to change this "? the world" mindset when its more than obvious they are not valued members of society...
    That's putting the cart before the horse
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if the police were cooking the books before the freddie gray incident either
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? scared of their own neighbors yo.....that's what it is...they scared to go outsides and tell them ? take that ? somewhere else
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quit cutting excuses.

No one likes a bully, these folks can organize against the police but cant organize against the gamgs in there neighborhood.

Sound like they need a night of the machete.
    Excuses? You sound ignorant & grossly uneducated

Crime in densely populated poor neighborhoods is not a black thing, as much as you wish it is. What ppl are protesting about in Baltimore & other cities is JUSTICE for unarmed black kids murdered by cops. Justice meaning jail time for the police abusing the system, and lack of racial equality within that system. When you talk crime, that means somebody goes to trial and is eventually convicted. Statistics show crime is prevalent in poor communities (regardless of race). You're a idiot if you assume black ppl can simply organize a neighborhood watch and cure black on black crime smh. Getting ppl out of poverty, providing jobs & educating them is a step in the right direction. Its requires a systematic change. Educate yourself before you critize others next time
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this does is feed the stereotyping that we are savages and animals. However we have to look at it this way. Where are these gangs getting their illegal guns from? Why hasnt the feds cracked down on the illegal gun traffickers that straw purchase guns by the bulk in surrounding states that have lax gun laws?

Also why havent we organized to police these grimy hoods since the decline of the BPP in the 70s. Here in sunset park in brooklyn china town you know what the chinks did when crime went up a little last year? They created their neoghborhood watch. The Jews in Boro park got they own police force. The NYPD barely goes into the Jewish hoods unless something serious happens.

We have to learn to stop being dependent on a white supremacist system. We need to stop asking and begging and learn to to be self sufficient by follow Powernomics by Dr. Claude Andersen. When the racist cops try to do a slow down we need have a neighborhood watch hell even militias to police these hoods. All in all in order to fix our problems we need to fix it ourselves.

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They sound like the ? hadjis in iraq.

Yall ? live in this community, will rise against the police, POLICE the police but wont organize to run the filth out of your community.

Perpetual victims too afraid to do what it takes to take their streets back.

Preach!!! Alot of posters on this site have the perpetual victim mentality. Police must be held accountable but so do the double agent cancers destroying our neighborhoods.
This discussion has been closed.