The Goat Album Tournament - Semi Finals: Reasonable Doubt VS ?

Options

Comments

• aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    im hoping atleast half y'all bigging up RD was around when it actually came out

i didnt take jay serious until vol 2 came out (caught my attention after watching streets is watching)

RD is good no doubt. wont agree its jay best tho. was hip hop blasphemy when it made it past Wu tang Forever

? earned its spot
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just noticed wu tang forever beat 2001. ? this tournament.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    _Lefty wrote: »
    4f7c58ab23db9.png
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    aka_OG wrote: »
    im hoping atleast half y'all bigging up RD was around when it actually came out

i didnt take jay serious until vol 2 came out (caught my attention after watching streets is watching)

RD is good no doubt. wont agree its jay best tho. was hip hop blasphemy when it made it past Wu tang Forever

? earned its spot

Very well said. I agree with every word of this post
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    ?
    Easily ? by a million miles

Reasonable Doubt isn't even a classic
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    ive done a similar thread. Where I Doggystlye won the tournament but Illmatic wasnt in it.

? will be in the championship
  • GunTown
    Options
    ?
    RD hasn't aged well
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    I missed this one, kinda glad I didnt have to choose haha
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    ? isnt just an album, its a moment in time..

nostalgia wins all the time..
  • GunTown
    Options
    ?
    _Lefty wrote: »

Co sign

And RD beat so many albums to get this far

Total madness only on the IC
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    ? is indeed a classic. RD....listen to that ? then listen to any other album that came out that year....? HAD to step their lyrics up after that. It's cats still finding gems in the verses from that.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Not mad at the results it took me a minute to pick one, but I had to go with what I listen to more in the present and I prefer those ski, primo and Clark Kent beats on a more consistent basis, ? is my childhood and puts me in that nostalgic state of mind but nowadays it's a change of pace album I might listen to it once a year and I'd rather listen to it while I'm smoking but I don't do that much as I used to, they are both as cohesive as the other but I think ? relies too heavily on production where Reasonsble doubt is great from a production standpoint and lyrically so that's my pick
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    seriously when you guys gonna ban zorrow. dude is a ? white pretending to be black. and now his trolling is ? worse and one of the main reasons why the reason been ? .
    I am not ? white but I don't give a ? ban me i will leave this site now anyway im tired of all the hate i get on this site nobody likes me here and people make fun of me all the time
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    Dave2one6 wrote: »
    Dear, ? , i wonder could you save me, I cant die......

"Illuminati want my mind, soul and my body"

? ? dont act like Jay wrote that ?
    tumblr_lu055rzV3r1qfrsjro1_500.gif

"...you was usin it wrong..."

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    seriously when you guys gonna ban zorrow. dude is a ? white pretending to be black. and now his trolling is ? worse and one of the main reasons why the reason been ? .
    I am not ? white but I don't give a ? ban me i will leave this site now anyway im tired of all the hate i get on this site nobody likes me here and people make fun of me all the time

What kind of tender hearted ? is this?
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?

What kind of tender hearted ? is this?

It's actually him trolling.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?

GIF-Boo-hoo-Cry-about-it-pity-sad-sob-story-song-violin-who-cares-GIF.gif?gs=a
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Unapologetically East Coast Bias....? classic tho......
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    ive done a similar thread. Where I Doggystlye won the tournament but Illmatic wasnt in it.

? will be in the championship

Ur thread was a dud
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    @_Goldie_ so who won? Or is this gonna be another it was written vs matw fiasco? Lol
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    I see what's going on here lmfao.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    ?
    I remember hearing Jay rap over some of them 1970s love songs type ? and wanting to break something! People condone this ? and dump anthems? Idk I just never thought Jay z first album was all that great. Lyric and flow wise you had to respect some of it but if that's all it took for people to think an album is amazing you can say the same thing about canibus first album. I don't see nona the revisionist saying his ? was a classic. I just find this whole reasonable dought stuff hilarious.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    ?
    My phone change the word SIMP anthems to DUMP anthems up there^
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    People focus on beats to much. Not saying that the beat shouldn't knock but that's not where the emphasis should lye. RD wasn't about production it was more about him getting his point across as being a dope mc. Remember in 96 this ? was going up against some of the greatest lyricist/artist coming out of nyc. In that aspect he accomplished what he set out to do even if wasn't received to heavy fanfare. It's not where you from its where you at. Where he was at was nyc. Where lyrics reigned supreme. If he would of came out with some happy go lucky ? this ? would've got booed outta ny. After he started becoming more known and after traveling and dealing with other things outside of New York. He gave ? vol.2.
    He gave the ppl what they wanted. Yeah I know hip hop purist won't like it but it is what it is. But every time this man drop an album. What do they compare it to? RD
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ?
    I liked the beats on RD

The smooth feel, the horns, the Issac Hayes sample... ? was kick back playa made music
This discussion has been closed.