A Black Women temporarily removes Confederate domestic terrorist flag in front of SC statehouse...

Options
124»

Comments

• matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hoodsavior wrote: »
    I'm not saying sit back.. But the larger picture to me isn't doing something that will last an hour.. I just want us to start doing things that will last.. Climbing that flag pole did nothing IMHO.. She looked celebratory to me like something was accomplished.. She's smiling.. I'm not smiling! My people are being killed out here! And that's just what's reported.. A massacre happened.. Couples getting guns reloaded on them! I'm not here for pole climbing and smiles!

you ? never smile. always upset over something

maybe she was met with applause as she came down the pole. maybe bystanders was giving her the proper respect due for her actions. and in that moment, she could've been overwhelmed. maybe that response was more than what she expected or asked for. so she smiled to show her gratitude

big deal
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is cool and all but this whole flag thing is a distraction to shut ? up. They going to give us this "win" while they continue with fuckery that actually matter.

Good on girl glad she did it, but it amounts to ? in reality.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    This is cool and all but this whole flag thing is a distraction to shut ? up. They going to give us this "win" while they continue with fuckery that actually matter.

Good on girl glad she did it, but it amounts to ? in reality.

I partially feel like that but I also feel like that flag needs to go and it's also good that people are actually acknowledging that it represents nothing more than the idea of white supremacy. They've been playing dumb with it for too long now.
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not saying sit back.. But the larger picture to me isn't doing something that will last an hour.. I just want us to start doing things that will last.. Climbing that flag pole did nothing IMHO.. She looked celebratory to me like something was accomplished.. She's smiling.. I'm not smiling! My people are being killed out here! And that's just what's reported.. A massacre happened.. Couples getting guns reloaded on them! I'm not here for pole climbing and smiles!

maybe she was met with applause as she came down the pole. maybe bystanders was giving her the proper respect due for her actions. and in that moment, she could've been overwhelmed. maybe that response was more than what she expected or asked for. so she smiled to show her gratitude

big deal

Flag back up and she's facing 3yrs.. Get your smile on breh..
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

big deal

civil rights activists were jailed for fighting a similar fight
    imagine where we'll be if it weren't for those willing to sacrifice

but hey, stay scared bruh
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • hoodsavior
    hoodsavior Members Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

big deal

civil rights activists were jailed for fighting a similar fight
    imagine where we'll be if it weren't for those willing to sacrifice

but hey, stay scared bruh

You wanna make her Angela Davis for climbing up a flag pole for twitter likes then crown her my ? .. I'll continie to be scared of making counterproductive gestures...
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did she climb the flag pole though? I mean it seems like she could've just lowered it regularly from the bottom and maybe even got out of there with it before the authorities came.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did she climb the flag pole though? I mean it seems like she could've just lowered it regularly from the bottom and maybe even got out of there with it before the authorities came.

Because there's a lock on the flag that keeps it attached to the pole...
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You wanna make her Angela Davis for climbing up a flag pole for twitter likes then crown her my ? .. I'll continie to be scared of making counterproductive gestures...
    She was making a statement. Why knock her though? ? like you need to be fed to the lions smh
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's locks on the flag pole. So, that very idea doesn't happen.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Charlie_ wrote: »

Thanks I honestly didn't know that ? .

I'm originally from Virginia and one of the art museums where I'm from had the confederate flag hanging from it and it wasn't locked up so I thought maybe it was the same there.

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Charlie_ wrote: »

Thanks I honestly didn't know that ? .

I'm originally from Virginia and one of the art museums where I'm from had the confederate flag hanging from it and it wasn't locked up so I thought maybe it was the same there.

Awww someone wasn't doing their job.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MECCA1000 wrote: »
    Educate me on what it accomplished

She is a additional much needed spark in getting our people to come together in this movement ..... to get some of you spineless to wake up and stop living on your knees .... to show the young and uninspired that their black lives matter and have purpose

I'm not even sorry that you don't see the bigger picture .... you're helping us to understand that we have to cut dead weight .... can't help those who think they don't need any ....

So this isn't a conversation? This is you and the many flexing your "my revolutionary ? is bigger than yours" jargon.. Allow me to play your childish game.. What she did was brave.. Took ? .. It was also silly cause it did nothing but 2 black men in a awkward situation.. Where they have to choose between their livelihood and "fighting for the people".. That ? she did accomplished NOTHING.. It got her all the attention she wanted.. She took the flag down and that ? was RIGHT back up.. These grown ass black people doing these "little wins" and "morale victory" antics cause in the right against the powers that be WE HAVE ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING!.. All we got was lack of support from our president, tear gas, and rubber bullets.. I can't even get out on the field like I want because its nothingbut a bunch of hands up and ppictures for social media to show "hey guys I'm out here.. Nothing is changing but I'mout here".. I.love my.people but we been doing the same move for YEARS and wonder why our shots are always ccontested..

so what do you suggest?
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw it. loved it. Hope someone pays her bail