Dr. Dre- Compton- Official Album Discussion Thread (8/7/15)

Options

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could've done without Medicine Man..
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easily the best produced album since GKMC
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Right, pm me a link though

It's free on iTunes
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I read your post wrong. Delete
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well ? , dr. dre actually dropped detox an album
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Interesting aspect of this album to me is so many non Compton/LA rappers influence on it. I know Dre has always worked with outside people but it's still interesting a Compton themed album being helped crafted by people from North Carolina, Africa, and Michigan
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woooo this Eminem verse. FIRE FLAME WOO!
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm shocked at all the dl links available...they released it like a mixtape.

We're all listening same time, for free...

I can't find it on my Apple app, but I already have it saved on my phone...lol
  • Stew
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Woooo this Eminem verse. FIRE FLAME WOO!

I know u being sarcastic but that ? is lol
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All I need to complete this nite is if the new Warren G leaks....as a deaf guy growin up on West Coast beats in the 90s as a teen, this gotta be the greatest two days ever.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    nj2089 wrote: »
    For the love of money mannnnnnnnnnnnn

Just got to it..........

1280787764160.gif

that bass on my bass headphones for "For The Love of Money" :
    Pyrq0lg.png

For The Love of Money is definitely for the subs. Especially that bass sweep at the end of every 4 bars.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem verse was actually dope
  • Los216
    Options
    After listening I give it 6/10

That will probably change to 7 after the second go round. I like a couple songs a lot. I didn't like as many beats as I thought I would though. It's funny because this album sound like a new Dre sound but he said he isn't making another one.

If this is his last album then it feels more like The Aftermath then 2001. It's not a bad album though. It's good. The beats just felt loud at times and didn't have that Dre melody to them.
  • nj2089
    Options
    BJ The Chicago Kid >>>>
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tune out everytime eminem raps nowadays
    props to whoever said medicine man would sound like I need a doctor pt two. that ? was accurate
  • nj2089
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »

That will probably change to 7 after the second go round. I like a couple songs a lot. I didn't like as many beats as I thought I would though. It's funny because this album sound like a new Dre sound but he said he isn't making another one.

If this is his last album then it feels more like The Aftermath then 2001. It's not a bad album though. It's good. The beats just felt loud at times and didn't have that Dre melody to them.

Lol
  • Stew
    Options

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did i hear drake on the album?
  • Los216
    Options
    Stew wrote: »

The-Big-Lebowski-WTF-Gif.gif

vYgPmI8.gif

• DillaDeaf
    Options
    It's ...decent on bass headphones, but this whole album is made for subs in a car.

I'll replay it in full when I have to go downstate to the University Hospital for my daughter's followup appts. I'll have a better sense of the beats and will grade it in this thread after I do.
  • Stew
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    It's ...decent on bass headphones, but this whole album is made for subs in a car.

I'll replay it in full when I have to go downstate to the University Hospital for my daughter's followup appts. I'll have a better sense of the beats and will grade it in this thread after I do.

Yea I can't fully judge until I hear it on the woofers(2001 is another world in the whip). Feel like I just got robbed a little listening in my regular headphones.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did i hear drake on the album?

It sounded like it at the very beginning of Talk About It, I doubt it..
  • DillaDeaf
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    About to give it a listen BUT I swear to ? if you cornball ? over hype this ? like that ? ? To ? a Butterfly I'm burning this IC ? to the ground.

@Cain ......but you overhype Shenco's album

so ? you

? you

NO..........................

? YOU *Kevin Hart voice*

8d7da1594871b300f58a93d0c6d82d2a_9f8.jpg
This discussion has been closed.