Let Me Pull Your Coat About KRS One

Options

Comments

• I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Goat catalogue..... anyone who actually listened to his music will have.a hard time naming one who has a better one....id only say scarface...no one else

Everything from crimimal minded to krs one is golden...pure fire

Edutainment may be my fave

N lol at the influence...does "i got a hundred guns a hundred.clips" ring a bell?

Krs was the FIRST one that raggae ?

https://youtu.be/bvtN9qMPey8

Shyne, dogg pound gangstaz, wu tang, etc followed suit

I can go all day, but im speakin to ppl who HAVENT LISTENED to him
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    he got so many classic in the 80's but my fav 2 songs in the 90's from krs are "emcee's act like they don't know" and "mad izm" oh yeah and can't forget "step into a world"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people keep making posts crying like someone said krs one had no influence.

the only reason i point that out is..

unless i missed a post, NOBODY SAID KRS ONE DIDNT HAVE INFLUENCE!!!!

same ? callin alluding to someone being dumb or not hip hop enough for not liking the legends they like, apparently cant read.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

same ? callin alluding to someone being dumb or not hip hop enough for not liking the legends they like, apparently cant read.

Over in the Project Pat thread people were saying that KRS didn't have any influence. They said he wasn't on the same level as Public Enemy or Rakim. That's exactly the level he was on.

And then people misquoted me and said I was hating on Project Pat. I didn't say anything negative about Project Pat, I've just never heard of him.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Seeing so called HipHop fans diss an emcee who was literally considered one of the best in the Golden Age is like seeing a so called blackman dis the true history of Africa.....u just dont realize how stupid yall sound.

Apparently some people dont realize the reason they called it the Golden Age....it means this generation has fallen off by comparison.

....but u guys go ahead, keep pretending your smart.

But but but but Nelly.....

Maybe im conceited, but i think anybody who actually believes Nelly won that battle is a newby or just an occasional hiphop fan.

I dont know how anybody could listen to krs1's diss to Nelly "Over Here", then think Nelly is the better MC...but thats just me

What made the KRS-One/Nelly battle so damn funny was it was right in the middle of the "KRS is the old bitter man" time where he was really living up to that rep. ? went at Nelly for nothing other than he made a song called #1 and felt it was disrespectful that Nelly made a song called #1 for the Training Day soundtrack. Even ? who hated Nelly were like "Wait, you dissing the ? over a song title?" That was part of KRS' jumping the shark moment in terms of becoming the bitter old rapper
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Over in the Project Pat thread people were saying that KRS didn't have any influence. They said he wasn't on the same level as Public Enemy or Rakim. That's exactly the level he was on.

And then people misquoted me and said I was hating on Project Pat. I didn't say anything negative about Project Pat, I've just never heard of him.

who said he didnt have influence?

i said i believed rakims, pe's, and ll's influence was bigger. krs one had influence, from what ive seen the other's was larger. kinda like how 10 is more than 9. u understand what im tryna say now? never said krs one had NO influence.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Seeing so called HipHop fans diss an emcee who was literally considered one of the best in the Golden Age is like seeing a so called blackman dis the true history of Africa.....u just dont realize how stupid yall sound.

Apparently some people dont realize the reason they called it the Golden Age....it means this generation has fallen off by comparison.

Maybe im conceited, but i think anybody who actually believes Nelly won that battle is a newby or just an occasional hiphop fan.

I dont know how anybody could listen to krs1's diss to Nelly "Over Here", then think Nelly is the better MC...but thats just me

What made the KRS-One/Nelly battle so damn funny was it was right in the middle of the "KRS is the old bitter man" time where he was really living up to that rep. ? went at Nelly for nothing other than he made a song called #1 and felt it was disrespectful that Nelly made a song called #1 for the Training Day soundtrack. Even ? who hated Nelly were like "Wait, you dissing the ? over a song title?" That was part of KRS' jumping the shark moment in terms of becoming the bitter old rapper

I agree. KRS made a mistake stepping to Nelly.

But he's still a legend and Criminal Minded belongs in the vault. In fact, he has several albums that belong in the vault.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's where ? went bad. KRS stepped out in a generation he wasnt really known in. He's legendary KRS-1 though. He popping all kinda ? about the state of the genre. But when it was time to put it in a rap. He dropped the ball. The casual hip hop fan wouldn't realize Nelly was going at him on the entire "#1". Slaughtered KRS in a track that made the charts.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got washed by Nelly in a hip hop beef.

The Sad Part Is A Lot Of These Modern Day ? Baby Era ? Truly Believe This
  • blackrain
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »

That's where ? went bad. KRS stepped out in a generation he wasnt really known in. He's legendary KRS-1 though. He popping all kinda ? about the state of the genre. But when it was time to put it in a rap. He dropped the ball. The casual hip hop fan wouldn't realize Nelly was going at him on the entire "#1". Slaughtered KRS in a track that made the charts.

#1 wasn't the diss it was just a generic ? talking song he did for the Training Day soundtrack. Nelly actually didn't diss him til the Roc The Mic remix. Krs was on his " I write a diss for everyone in the top 10 billboard charts" ? and took the "I'm tired of people judging what's real hip hop" line Nelly said personal. That was the legit reason Krs gave for dissing Nelly lol
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Post a quotable from KRS from that beef
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It wasn't over the song title, it was over a line in the song

Aiyyo I'm tired of people judgin what's real Hip-Hop
    Half the time you be them ? who ? album flop
    YOU KNOW! Boat done sank and it ain't left the dock
    C'MON! Mad cause I'm hot; HE JUST - mad cause he not

KRS also had the song "hot" in that time zone which was a pretty big hit
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Matter fact when hot dropped I thought he was going at the roc, but I can see Nelly taking it as a direct diss towards him, KRS probably was subliminally going at Nelly if you listen to the lyrics
  • blackrain
    Options

I just posted that was the line Krs took personally
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My nose on my face comes from a line of kings, tge pimples on your face came from eating the wrong things

Lmao

No.dog in this fight i thought the whole ? was silly and dismissed it when it went down, but you asked n shall recieve!
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    KRS was going at everybody during the bling bling era subliminally.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And where is Nelly now? He was a fly by night rapper who landed already. It's over for him. He will be put in the Ja Rule tier where ? remember him for pop hits... FOH!

KRS bodied him lyrically, and bodied his career in the long run. Nelly has a ? reality tv show now, and doesn't have near the influence or stance of a KRS.

These fairweather fans always entertain this dumb ? , and the truth always reigns supreme. 50 was talking reckless against Nas, saying he's finished and now Nas is more "relevant" in music than 50.

That's the difference between a legend and a ? trying to get a lick. KRS is 50 years old repping Hip-Hop the right way, touring year 'round the world due to his musical brilliance, while these pop-tart ? moved on to the next hustle.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited August 2015
    Options

no it wasnt

and krs aint start beef with nelly over them lines u posted, them lines u posted was a response to krs 1 in the first place

at least thats what i thought, i may stand corrected after what black rain posted
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    And where is Nelly now? He was a fly by night rapper who landed already. It's over for him. He will be put in the Ja Rule tier where ? remember him for pop hits... FOH!

KRS bodied him lyrically, and bodied his career in the long run. Nelly has a ? reality tv show now, and doesn't have near the influence or stance of a KRS.

These fairweather fans always entertain this dumb ? , and the truth always reigns supreme. 50 was talking reckless against Nas, saying he's finished and now Nas is more "relevant" in music than 50.

That's the difference between a legend and a ? trying to get a lick. KRS is 50 years old repping Hip-Hop the right way, touring year 'round the world due to his musical brilliance, while these pop-tart ? moved on to the next hustle.

nelly had hits from 2000 to 2012, thats a long ass night to fly by.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

My nose on my face comes from a line of kings, tge pimples on your face came from eating the wrong things

Lmao

No.dog in this fight i thought the whole ? was silly and dismissed it when it went down, but you asked n shall recieve!

lmfaooooooooooooooo
  • blackrain
    Options

Nelly just came off a tour. He got arrested on it remember lol. Everyone knows KRS is the better rapper and his influence in the history of hip hop is deeper but when he was pledging to get people to boycott Nelly's album and end his career then Nelly goes on to sell 6x and drop 2 of his biggest hits back to back with Hot In Herre and Dilemma he looked like a damn fool.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpqR5T3maik

I laugh cuz I mastered the craft MC
    In sound clash I'm the first and last MC
    It's sort of like Jim Carrey throwin' that Mask to me
    I black out and wake up to catastrophe
    3 MC's dead from the sound blowin' out massively, wow!
    Who am I? The MC!
    Untouchable, can't be caught off guard with fast tracks or slow tracks
    Ass cracks get waxed to the max, MC's pack raps for all tracks
    Indigenous cultures, Asians, Whites and Blacks
    Never missed it the linguistic of
    Who am I? THE MC!
    Meta-lyrical poetic mystic MC
    Hearin the voice of an ancient spirit MC
    Premeditated worder
    Killin negative concepts out the mind of the observer MC
    You deserve a break from counterfeits, frauds and fakes
    Claimin to be an MC for heaven sakes
    Well, this MC done raised the stakes
    Under the stress from KRS
    Contracts and mental gats are bound to break
    Who am I? THE MC! Again, the MC!
    Conduct yourselves properly MC...
  • blackrain
    edited August 2015
    Options

no it wasnt

and krs aint start beef with nelly over them lines u posted, them lines u posted was a response to krs 1 in the first place

at least thats what i thought, i may stand corrected after what black rain posted

I remember KRS doing interviews saying "How dare he make a song called #1 after I already did talking about judging real hip hop. That's like a direct challenge so I'm coming after you "
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

no it wasnt

Yea this whole post is wrong
  • Turfaholic
    Options

Lmao

Proactive endorsement worthy.

Underwhelming