Anyone doing Draft Kings right now?

Options

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    What type of comp can i win the most money. I did a beginner the first time and made 10 bucks. I wanna make big bread though like 500 off of 15 or some ?

Somebody point me in the right direction for this. Having a hard time navigating this ? in Draft Kings. Played in 5 joints my first time and didnt win shiiiit. Is it better to use multiple lineups in the diff contest or use just 1?

2qunfcy.jpg
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    What type of comp can i win the most money. I did a beginner the first time and made 10 bucks. I wanna make big bread though like 500 off of 15 or some ?

Somebody point me in the right direction for this. Having a hard time navigating this ? in Draft Kings. Played in 5 joints my first time and didnt win shiiiit. Is it better to use multiple lineups in the diff contest or use just 1?

2qunfcy.jpg

I use at least 3 lineups in each contest that lets me have multiple entries.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    King of GA wrote: »
    I'm seeing some say Draft Kings and others saying Fanduel, but no one saying why. That's what I want to know. Why do you prefer one over the other? Have you tried both to compare them?

I'm signed up on both but I've only been using fanduel. I just like the design better. Felt like i had to do more than necessary on draftkings
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard FD has kickers while DK does not. That's a plus for DK IMO.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fanduel>>>draftkings I'm convinced
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draftkings>>>>>>
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draftkings has flex position, no kicker and you can change your lineups for every game before that particular game starts.

@Stew stop being slow lol

Philip rivers might be the highest scoring Qb this week
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nx week we should set up an all hip hop game.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do i gotta wait for the nba season to start in order to see the nba option in draft kings..

• BIGG WILL
    Options
    giving hockey a try tonight. 9200 ppl, top 1800 paid out, $1 game. Took bout 20 mins to draft a lineup tho. damn
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Do i gotta wait for the nba season to start in order to see the nba option in draft kings..

Yea, looks like a sport is blacked up till the real season starts.

• BIGG WILL
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    giving hockey a try tonight. 9200 ppl, top 1800 paid out, $1 game. Took bout 20 mins to draft a lineup tho. damn

won a couple of bucks.
  • O.G.
    Options

won a couple of bucks.

I tried hockey last year. I did ok but their games started around the same time as the nba and i couldn't get timely research on certain games. It got to the point where i was just guessing and that's not good for the pockets.
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , the only hockey player I know is Wayne Gretzky. And dude ain't played in years
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    I know some of the players and I know the good teams. The rest were educated guesses. Went Tampa heavy last night and it paid off.
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Draft kings sent me an email about the integrity of they institute, they should just give me some free games
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got that message too, i was hype thinking somewhere towards the end of the message
    they were gonna give us a free game or drop 5 dollars in everybody account, just for the hell of it....
  • O.G.
    Options
    I got the email too. My first thought before I opened it up was these ? better not try to freeze my account. I won't be surprised if they give every member a free game Sunday morning.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    I think imma deposit like 20 cash in draft kings, get that free entry into the 10 million dollar tourney and see wassup..? around and get 1st on both sites lol
  • King of GA
    King of GA Members Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got on fanduel this week with $10...doing OK after putting up $8 on a couple 50/50 leagues, a top 12 and a top 27 league.

I think I've already learned one lesson; have a player or two in the late game..I'm sitting at #14 in the top 12 and #30 in the top 27 with no players left to play.

I was turning $8 into $24 until the late game got going and all my players were done. I'll basically have my $8 back with the 50/50...
  • O.G.
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Got my ass kicked today. I had Charles in a lot of lineups.

• BIGG WILL
    Options
    had Charles in a lot of lineups too. doing good in this one tho:

rhmvwk.png
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    If U on Draftkings, send me your user name and ill make a contest just for us. $2-3, winner takes all? I need a headcount before creating the contest.
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm up 2,500 this week on fanduel. I was winning on occasion, $10, $25 and I just keep it in the account and play $2 or $5 games with the highest jackpot.

I wonder how much they are going tax me because I never won this much before.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I'm up 2,500 this week on fanduel. I was winning on occasion, $10, $25 and I just keep it in the account and play $2 or $5 games with the highest jackpot.

I wonder how much they are going tax me because I never won this much before.

They're going to tax you nothing. You're going to have to file that on your taxes later though. Anything over 600