Anyone doing Draft Kings right now?

Options

Comments

• metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On that DK, won $62 over the weekend. I'm digging this ? .
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ended up winning $540, lost the 2,500 tho. I think you should have a player thats playing on Monday and play from behind. That's my strategy for now on.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kickers are so random I wish fanduel would change it.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    Kickers are so random I wish fanduel would change it.

I always just grab one for cheap.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Got a million dollar line up this week. I'm sure of it
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bells TD at the end made me go from winning $10 to winning $30. Those 6 points made me jump like 200 spots.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Came close to winning 100 but 9th place not good enough smh. Yall let me know if you do an IC joint. My SN is icecoldstew on Draft Kings.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited October 2015
    Options

Probably 350k ? I got the crazy squad this week.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »

Probably 350k ? I got the crazy squad this week.

Na doggy I got this. If the kid don't come up with this team I'm done with fanduel. I'm on a cold streak but that ends now.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of hot air for nothing tbh

Im just not in a space where winning $10, $25 is worth it lmao

If anything I'd do the million maker

Dude who said he won 2500 is the first out of many i have ever heard make real money
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Dude who said he won 2500 is the first out of many i have ever heard make real money

You can play for a $1 to $5 minimum, you would be surprised you start accumulating pocket money and hit one time lol.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I ended up winning $540, lost the 2,500 tho. I think you should have a player thats playing on Monday and play from behind. That's my strategy for now on.

I see what you're saying but I wouldn't actually call that a strategy let alone a winning one in that it doesn't matter what time your players play. It's just about picking the best matchups, I mean your whole lineup could consist of players playing the Thursday night game - the Sunday day games and absolutely ? it and it wouldn't matter if people still had players on the Sunday and Monday night games if they were too far behind to catch up.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I make real money but I never say how much and never will. I agree with ya on the million dollar maker. If people ain't gonna stay committed they might as well take $20 and go for broke. Why waste a great lineup on a $10 prize ? I have seen so many time people have a great lineup that would win thousands but they only entered that lineup in the smaller prize pools. I was playing someone in week 2 head to head for $100. He had a lineup that would of placed top 5 in the million dollar maker but he only used that lineup in one head to head with me for $100 and some $1 contests to win $3. Worst case scenario, take the $20 put in draftkings million dollar maker and place in the top 88,500 and win $30. I have never not placed in that contest. Easy money.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

I make real money but I never say how much and never will. I agree with ya on the million dollar maker. If people ain't gonna stay committed they might as well take $20 and go for broke. Why waste a great lineup on a $10 prize ? I have seen so many time people have a great lineup that would win thousands but they only entered that lineup in the smaller prize pools. I was playing someone in week 2 head to head for $100. He had a lineup that would of placed top 5 in the million dollar maker but he only used that lineup in one head to head with me for $100 and some $1 contests to win $3. Worst case scenario, take the $20 put in draftkings million dollar maker and place in the top 88,500 and win $30. I have never not placed in that contest. Easy money.

Props to all u wrote but @ bolded = i dont believe you. Thanks tho.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Yea I've definitely made some nice bread off fanduel...both of them in $2 tourneys too.

In the million dollar ? I've missed the monly twice in 5 weeks...confident this week though (of course I'll still probably make changes to the lineup)

@O.G. do you usually make multiple lineups for the big tournament or just 1?
  • O.G.
    Options
    Yea I've definitely made some nice bread off fanduel...both of them in $2 tourneys too.

In the million dollar ? I've missed the monly twice in 5 weeks...confident this week though (of course I'll still probably make changes to the lineup)

@O.G. do you usually make multiple lineups for the big tournament or just 1?

I use 3 lineups a week and i play them in numerous contests. Anywhere from 100 to 150 contests for football and 25 to 50 contests for baseball, 75 to 100 per day for nba. For the big tourney ($20/$27 entry fee) i enter all three lineups just once. I take this ? serious.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Ok yea that's what I've been doing lately..I found that to be more successful ? I was getting lost tryna use mad lineups a day instead of trying to "perfect" a few of em.

Trust me I can tell you take it seriously, as do I which is why I asked you lol. Baseball has been great to me so far.
  • O.G.
    Options
    Ok yea that's what I've been doing lately..I found that to be more successful ? I was getting lost tryna use mad lineups a day instead of trying to "perfect" a few of em.

Trust me I can tell you take it seriously, as do I which is why I asked you lol. Baseball has been great to me so far.

When i first started a couple a years ago, that was my strategy, but at the end of the day you are basically competing against yourself. If you make 20 different lineups and only three bring you money, those three winners better cover your 17 losses or you ain't really winning anything. You just got to find a system that works for you and stick to it. The top players on both sites win bcuz they play hundreds of games a day. Every day. Big bank takes little bank damn near every time. That's the thing I love about head to heads and real small contests. If a person beats you a couple of times, they keep wanting to play you but eventually their bankroll can't keep up with yours so you clean them out and it's on to the next fish lol. The biggest part of that tho is managing your money correctly. You want to be a withdrawer not a depositor.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Aight so I THINK I'm getting the idea of this. Say I deposit $20, I should draft 2-3 teams and enter them in small contest for about $5-10/piece for a chance to win $100-500? If I'm not mistaken the ones I seen usually the top 3-5 players in those contest get money. Obviously im just a beginner here.
  • O.G.
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Aight so I THINK I'm getting the idea of this. Say I deposit $20, I should draft 2-3 teams and enter them in small contest for about $5-10/piece for a chance to win $100-500? If I'm not mistaken the ones I seen usually the top 3-5 players in those contest get money. Obviously im just a beginner here.

To be honest with ya, If you are only gonna deposit $20 you might as well enter this contest.

NFL $7M Millionaire Maker [$1.2M to 1st]
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/11533417

The reason I say this is even in those smaller contests there are some really good players. You are gonna have to have a decent score to turn $5-10 into $100-500. Since you are gonna need a decent score anyway, you might as well go for broke and pick one carefully thought out line up and take your chance in the big tourney. Top 3 in those smaller contests gets you that $100-500 you are looking for but place anywhere from 401-4000 will get you same $100-500 in the big tourney. Regardless which one you choose you are gonna need a decent score. IMO for the amount you are depositing and the amount you want to withdraw, the big tourney is the better option. Even if you don't do so well at least in the big tourney you get $30 for placing 47001st - 88500th. That's not hard to do.

The other option is to grind it out and be patient. Instead of chasing big $$$, play in some $1 head to heads or 50/50 games and just let the money grow until you get a feel of what you are doing and can get a system going. Since you are new, take advantage of the beginners contests. Them dudes are new too, so it ain't like you are playing against any pros.

Just my 2 cents.
    Good luck.
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still waiting for the nba section to show up in draft kings.....im confident
    in my b ball knowledge i can make a grip.......

• dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vegas shut that ? down
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Ah man its about to be a wrap, I need to win this week lol. Vegas just shut it down, calling it unlicensed gambling..smh
  • Reigns
    Reigns Members Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I'm down for the allhiphop game on draft kings. Reigns is my user. (Small money though, I'm still learning this ? ). Lol
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah man its about to be a wrap, I need to win this week lol. Vegas just shut it down, calling it unlicensed gambling..smh

Vegas just mad they ain't getting a piece of the pie, fantasy sports ain't a game of skill but they say playing video blackjack or roulette is?!? The ? outta here.