The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Durant & Russ BOTH were jaggin games y'all need to stop blaming one or the other both be careless wit the rock, take dumb shots & go full ? with decision making in crunch time.Russ my man 100 grand but he does a lot of reckless ? on both sides of the ball that hurts the thunder.

glad you notice how bad russ is on defense

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I think durant bout to feel the criticism
  • YoungRider
    YoungRider Members Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Options
    If I'm lue I give these ? a lot of different looks but I would do the Miami Heat blitz on those pick and rolls better to give up two's than 3's and force em off the 3pt line hard foul the ? out of em. I think Mosgov got to play as well use all 6 of them fouls
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the hate lebron would get if the cavs (or when he was with the heat) blew a 3-1 series lead
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Durant & Russ BOTH were jaggin games y'all need to stop blaming one or the other both be careless wit the rock, take dumb shots & go full ? with decision making in crunch time.Russ my man 100 grand but he does a lot of reckless ? on both sides of the ball that hurts the thunder.

Shhhhh.... That's not the narrative CS running with.

dumb-and-dumber-shhh-o.gif
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Russ ball watches and always loses his man cuz he goes for steals all the time.He went under a screen last night on a crucial possession late where klay hit a 3 and opened it up for good for the warriors.

I'm objective even if it's my favorite players these other cats push agendas and stay capin
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    it's time to give KD the business..he's has some pretty good talent around him for years now....

Last time the thunder were healthy(2012) they went to the finals

'13- russ injured
    '14- wcf ibaka injures calf
    '15- durant,russ & ibaka all injured at different points of the season they miss the playoffs
    '16- beat the spurs go up 3-1 vs the best team ever and lose in 7 cuz of the thunders lack of poise they had gs on the ropes in game 6 then went full ?

Russ does I will agree, but now as i'm seeing the whole picture now, especially this year. Russ been putting in the work, KD aint living up to his hype in them big games...Russ was always suppose to be Robin..but he has stepped his game up more,why doesn't KD get aggressive and have the ball more in crunch time?

I felt like yesterday durant kind of let game 6 criticism affect him he wasn't aggressive enough he's one of the best scorers in the league you gotta impose your will more in a game 7 especially when he saw his teammates were missing open shots.Also durant needs to be used similar to curry,coming off screens,catch n shoot he can shoot and he's 7'0 Nobody is blocking his shots.His usage rate in these playoffs was his highest ever, too many iso's which leads to too many to's cuz durant goes up soft wit the rock and gets stripped easily he's mad careless wit the rock.Durant isnt lebron he can shoot in traffic,has range and can catch n shoot he don't need to be in iso's so much

2015..is a throw away because everyone was injured. But i see what you are saying...they weren't at full strength. Even though the IC last year was not cutting Lebron any slack when he was missing Irving and Love in the finals..

and i agree with you 100% on your sec. paragraph and how they should of used durant. Dead on.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warriors= 2015-16 Panthers

Cavaliers=2015-16 Broncos
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this the year that Durant get the Lebron type criticism for not winning anything or do he still got time

Obviously Durant isnt above criticism and he deserves it but ? need to stop comparing everything to Lebron. He came in the league calling himself the King, the chosen one, promising championships ect.....he brought alot of that ? on himself
    No u hold him to the same standard. And he has had better talent around him.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hypothetically speaking if these Cavs had to make it out the Western Conference, how far do you think this year team goes as is?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's time to give KD the business..he's has some pretty good talent around him for years now....

Last time the thunder were healthy(2012) they went to the finals

'13- russ injured
    '14- wcf ibaka injures calf
    '15- durant,russ & ibaka all injured at different points of the season they miss the playoffs
    '16- beat the spurs go up 3-1 vs the best team ever and lose in 7 cuz of the thunders lack of poise they had gs on the ropes in game 6 then went full ?

Russ does I will agree, but now as i'm seeing the whole picture now, especially this year. Russ been putting in the work, KD aint living up to his hype in them big games...Russ was always suppose to be Robin..but he has stepped his game up more,why doesn't KD get aggressive and have the ball more in crunch time?

I felt like yesterday durant kind of let game 6 criticism affect him he wasn't aggressive enough he's one of the best scorers in the league you gotta impose your will more in a game 7 especially when he saw his teammates were missing open shots.Also durant needs to be used similar to curry,coming off screens,catch n shoot he can shoot and he's 7'0 Nobody is blocking his shots.His usage rate in these playoffs was his highest ever, too many iso's which leads to too many to's cuz durant goes up soft wit the rock and gets stripped easily he's mad careless wit the rock.Durant isnt lebron he can shoot in traffic,has range and can catch n shoot he don't need to be in iso's so much

They tried to run him off pin downs. Iggy got in his chest and Durant wasn't strong enough to get thru. Curry and klay are quicker with better handles and have the luxury of the moving screen lol.
  • metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Warriors= 2015-16 Panthers

Cavaliers=2015-16 Broncos

yhtUGny.gif
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    If the thunder dont win game 6 and allows goldenstate to take this to a game 7........

The warriors are gonna win game 7, and than beat the cavs for the title.......

I believe okc must close it out in 6, cause if its a game 7 its a wrap i dont
    think durant westbrook and company is built for a game 7....

Is GS built for a game 7? They haven't had a close series against a healthy team really.

OKC been in more battles than GS in the playoffs.

Ppl forget they been to a lot of conference finals and a finals. Would have been more if they wasn't getting hurt these last 3 years.

I guess we saw the answer to that lastnight
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Russ ball watches and always loses his man cuz he goes for steals all the time.He went under a screen last night on a crucial possession late where klay hit a 3 and opened it up for good for the warriors.

I'm objective even if it's my favorite players these other cats push agendas and stay capin

i was bringing up russ defense a month ago and the conversation got pushed towards a light skinned 3 point shooter who wears number 30.

it's even more frustrating that russ aint good defensively than steph when he is blessed with the physical tools to be a lockdown defender.

russ isn't disciplined enough
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Russ got a pull up jumper or a drive past his guy n slam the ball off the backboard lay up
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If OKC could find a way to somehow afford Mike Conley and move Russ to the 2 that would be a real good look imo.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    If OKC could find a way to somehow afford Mike Conley and move Russ to the 2 that would be a real good look imo.

They'd have to trade kanter and let morrow walk to sign conley.Thunder could of beat the warriors the 3 point differential destroyed them the last 2 games warriors caught fire can't do nothin about that.Durant should sign a 2 year deal with an opt out like lebron and give it another run

They should develop payne more so he can play pg wit russ at the 2 next season
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Kinda funny if OKC won, the talk woulda been "GSW lack size, and so and so is overrated".
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They'd have to trade kanter and let morrow walk to sign conley.Thunder could of beat the warriors the 3 point differential destroyed them the last 2 games warriors caught fire can't do nothin about that.Durant should sign a 2 year deal with an opt out like lebron and give it another run

They should develop payne more so he can play pg wit russ at the 2 next season

Morrow can't get any tick. Kanter obviously isn't trusted by the coaching staff to get productive minutes and payne could develop as the sixth man. If it came down to Kanter & Morrow to lure Conley, If you are OKC you make that move. I feel Durant is staying so I ain't even concerned about him. OKC had that series. A veteran point guard would of cleaned up some of their mistakes they had at the end of games.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Haven't stayed up in the thread since game 6, but OKC would become a dominant force if they took westbrook off the ball, added a veteran pure point guard who has a servicable jumper and a good basketball mind and move russ over to the 2.

They could also benefit from running more Russ/Durant P&R's.

Westbrook is a pit bull, pit bulls work best when they don't have to think. Everytime things get weird, he goes into pit bull mode, he defaults to it, nothing wrong with it, but he's climbing a ladder leaned against the wrong building. He would be ? as a 2 because his usage would be down. His stats wouldn't say so, but him and durant on opposing wings would be an impossible problem to solve. Plus, starting westbrook below the 3 point line would play to his midrange strength.

Maybe package roberson and another player for a solid glue guard.

Hell naw, great minds think alike bruh.
This discussion has been closed.