The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron hit a lot of crucial shots when that lead dwindled and made every play for the cavs when the warriors made runs to cut the lead to 7-10.Stole it from varejo,blocked green & curry,got thompson 2 easy oops and scored 18 straight and he was hitting some tough shots.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That game 7 looks like the HEAT VS SPURS one. The Spurs played with game 6 last seconds in their head while the heat was very destressed cause ' they shouldnt have been here anyway, they were supposed to lose days ago, so lets go'.

The Warriors will face their homecrowd thinking that they were up 3-1!! Anytime they miss they will think about it.

Is Green burdened by the suspension?

has iggy given up mentally cause without Bogut he knows that he doesnt have enough help?

Whats in the mind of Steph, seeing himself the UNANIMOUS MVP getting outlast by Kyrie and DESTROYED by Bron? Those things can rewake the knee pain relieved by the dominating victories.

Klay Thompson Tried to make another miracle but None of his teammates followed. He has seen the ever smiling, shimmy dancing Steph losing his mind, throwing his mouthpiece to the public. If the first two quarters look like the last one, will he try to go off? YES, cause that his nature.

Imo besides Thompson, the gsw mvp, there is a lot of uncertainty in Oakland.

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    problem is....people are turning on the currys because they are not living up to what they expected...
    the fans are the ones to prop them on this pedestal too fast and now they are shocked curry isnt playing MVP caliper ball and asha is showing shes got ? in her.

as i have said before curry is part of the system and he benefited from it...wat about klay and green..was klay too boring or green too darkorjst an ? ...i dont know.
    just saying.....will her show get cancelled now.....could she ever really cook any better than any other wife with a cook and maid and living room sized kitchen..could she have paid for professional lessons or what.

then curry comes out with a sneaker....now..porque..was it a doubt he wasnt ? an they want to try to profit before the cats out the bag..

they were hyped an now people are turning...you build fast you drop fast.

he was never humble about his rise....a church boy
    miss me with that people counted him out ? ...you know how many dude get counted out every year.
    miss me with the he wasnt supposed to be here an came out of no where...hes on a good team with a good bench an he takes hig rick gamble shots.

miss me with the best pure shooter ? ....i guess pure shooting and heart dont mix in his world
    i understand people have bad games...i understand players lose their cool..

but are you ? truly understanding what you are witnessing...

even if GS wins which i hope they dont....fans, bandwagoners, and the media alike have to question why they placed him there .....even i the next game is good.....the previous could have costs the team an hes a church goodie two old ass shoes ass ?
    i got room on the wagon.....
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ when Curry threw the mouthpiece Breen said 'wait that hit somebody ", it was dead silence for a sec, ? Obama himself cut the broadcast
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    The Cavs, like the Thunder, werent supposed to be here at this time of June!! How many of us have given to them a Chance?
    You already know about the media.

What is the reality. They are the second team to beat GSW back to back, one being in Oakland. It wasnt closed games, it was spankings.
    Kyrie was ready to get traded, Smith and Shumpert and Love. They were burried.

Lebron said to Sagger with some dangerous and malicious poise that ' they werent supposed to be there so WHATEVER'

Whatever means imo

He wins He makes HISTORY.

He loses there will be no bashing, no mockery about his finals resume. Cause he was supposed to go fishing earlier.

He has reinstated himself as the face of the NBA at the right time, the Finals!!!

He and the Cavs are in a win win situation. They will go to Oracle without UNNESSASARY STRESS, CHOKING FEAR.

We all know what the KING, Irving, can do when they are relieved.

Nobody wants to have these guys as underdogs opponent with little pressure to win

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    @LEMZPOCALYPSE
    what the hell is hotep and why is it being used in basketball now

I was meaning by that ' textbook, fundamental bball'.

Im the first to use it imo. Even if im French I can create my own slang lol
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    I can't get with this complaining ? Steve Kerr is doing on Sportscenter.

What did he say?
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Curry goin out there sunday with a point to prove, and that don't bode well for the warriors.

He gon get his regardless.

It's all on green IMO. If he can't keep TT, Love and LBJ off the boards early it's a wrap. Because if they start fetus or he gets a lot of minutes, Cleveland gon double the shooter on every pick and roll. And if Iggy back still acting up because that ? just don't go away its gon even worst in the backboard.

It will force Klay and Curry to hit the defensive boards and that will take away their fast break and pace.

True.

Curry and Klay haven't been stellar this series, but now they are losing due to the others.

Cleveland's supporting cast is making more plays than GSW's. All the attention and physicality can go to Klay and Steph.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    problem is....people are turning on the currys because they are not living up to what they expected...
    the fans are the ones to prop them on this pedestal too fast and now they are shocked curry isnt playing MVP caliper ball and asha is showing shes got ? in her.

as i have said before curry is part of the system and he benefited from it...wat about klay and green..was klay too boring or green too darkorjst an ? ...i dont know.
    just saying.....will her show get cancelled now.....could she ever really cook any better than any other wife with a cook and maid and living room sized kitchen..could she have paid for professional lessons or what.

then curry comes out with a sneaker....now..porque..was it a doubt he wasnt ? an they want to try to profit before the cats out the bag..

miss me with that people counted him out ? ...you know how many dude get counted out every year.
    miss me with the he wasnt supposed to be here an came out of no where...hes on a good team with a good bench an he takes hig rick gamble shots.

miss me with the best pure shooter ? ....i guess pure shooting and heart dont mix in his world

even if GS wins which i hope they dont....fans, bandwagoners, and the media alike have to question why they placed him there .....even i the next game is good.....the previous could have costs the team an hes a church goodie two old ass shoes ass ?

Playoffs means INTENSITY,ADJUSTMENTS and something hardly measurable mindset.

Who strives under pressure?
    Who chokes when the wins counts?
    Who freezes when lead by 20?
    Who trusts his shot when the first two doesnt go in?
    Who can deliver when the spotlight is on you?
    Who can finish when you have been told that you were supposed to finish, to win?

Just imagine the weight of the 73-9 resume on the shoulders of the Warriors right now.
    Just imagine how high the fear to lose it all in front of their crowed can be in some players?

Just imagine how much weight the fought of suffering three in a row for the first time in the season can be in the head of some players?

We are light years in front
    We could have beaten the Showtime Lakers
    Lebron has no Jumper
    He is in his feelings
    He and Kyrie can not duplicate these performances.

Thats some of the preocupations in GSW right now. Ok they will act cool in front of journalists.

But dont get it twisted, all theses thoughs will marinate in their head till sunday.

• 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    Curry goin out there sunday with a point to prove, and that don't bode well for the warriors.

He gon get his regardless.

It's all on green IMO. If he can't keep TT, Love and LBJ off the boards early it's a wrap. Because if they start fetus or he gets a lot of minutes, Cleveland gon double the shooter on every pick and roll. And if Iggy back still acting up because that ? just don't go away its gon even worst in the backboard.

It will force Klay and Curry to hit the defensive boards and that will take away their fast break and pace.

True.

Curry and Klay haven't been stellar this series, but now they are losing due to the others.

Cleveland's supporting cast is making more plays than GSW's. All the attention and physicality can go to Klay and Steph.

please explain why they are losing because of the others..

they are supposed to be the heads and direct the team an take over when the others cant...

i recall someone saying they make the team better when i said the team makes them better
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legs on Mike and Mike crying like a ? for Curry talking about Clevalnd keep holding him.

That's all GS does all game. They hold so much ? jerseys gets untucked.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    i guess im up too early cause this thread is now like AIDS ? ...? aint touching it
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Shump needs his minutes reduced.

If GS plays a lot of small ball Lue needs to give his minutes all to anybody else.
  • S2J
    Options
    Lol @ turning on the Currys when literally 1 week ago Lebron was back to decision era hate, his own fans (me included) were callin him a biznayee lls

• FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The difference now is Harrison Barnes is playing like complete ass. He had about 6 WIDE OPEN shots and missed them all. If he hits at least 3 it's a different game.. When they're extending out to half court on Steph, he's making the right play more times than not (when he ain't doing that careless passing ? )...Barnes has been on the receiving end of some good passes over the last 2 games and has been terrible. Livingston has been quiet lately too. Ezili just flat out sucks...with that said GSW will win a close one at home.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Shump needs his minutes reduced.

If GS plays a lot of small ball Lue needs to give his minutes all to anybody else.

Give them to jones
  • S2J
    edited June 2016
    Options
    This may be the zenith of modern social media driven sports cycle. This ? is absolutely ridiculous :joy: Its arrived. The perfect storm of memes, social media, free agency, the roast culture, attention ? , and 'hot takes'

From the OKC 3-1 lead to Cavs losing TWO games to Toronto!, to this, we have reached the abyss. Nigas are sayin ? Monday puttin it,on,they mama, posting the meme, then get proven wrong and come back Friday like it never happened :joy:

The main thing happening is true caual fans, not the cliche ? ic definition, but actual casual fans (ie only watch the finals or at Christmas) are the driving force in how thebgamea are discussed/roasted/ critiqued the next day and instead of being checked fans AND media members are just following them
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LeBron talking ? to curry when the game is clearly over lol, that ? ? wants that label I see
  • Shizlansky
    edited June 2016
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    The difference now is Harrison Barnes is playing like complete ass. He had about 6 WIDE OPEN shots and missed them all. If he hits at least 3 it's a different game.. When they're extending out to half court on Steph, he's making the right play more times than not (when he ain't doing that careless passing ? )...Barnes has been on the receiving end of some good passes over the last 2 games and has been terrible. Livingston has been quiet lately too. Ezili just flat out sucks...with that said GSW will win a close one at home.

No. Curry have not been making the right the right okay more times than not.

Instead of attacking the double he's been backing up all the way up damn near to half court which leads to bad passes or the wrong pass. Sometimes even worst shots from way back.

He's letting TT and I even seen Love make him work on the perimeter to take a highly contested shot.

He's putting no pressure on the bigs on the perimeter or even when he drives.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For the first time in this 'era' of the shoot, shoot, shooting Warriors, they are facing TRUE pressure.

Yeah, they had some pressure vs. the Thunder in mostly that game 6, but nothing like this.....and there was more pressure on the Thunder to close them out.

Bron's been there in a G7. He's won one. He knows this feeling. That gives him an advantage.

If I'm T. Lue, I'm throwing everyone at Steph and Klay: someone already said reduce Shump's minutes - give Dantay Jones a bit more burn - Mo was OK, I'd even throw in Delly just to keep Steph off balance. I'd make them beat me with ? Dray, Barnes, S. Dot, and Barbosa, if they can.

But this is really where Love needs to earn a piece of that check he's been stealing for the last two weeks. I'd post the ? outta him early, and just see what happens, especially when Bron gets tired, and wants to run that "hold the ball" offense he does. Let Love do work then.

If I'm Kerr, I need to find a way to shake off the D that's getting Steph knocked around. That's been really hard with Cleveland's smaller line-up, but it can be done. And they need to attack guys like JR, Shump, and Jefferson.

I never bet against the home team - especially a defending champion - in a G7, but what once seemed like a shoo-in has turned into a complete toss-up. I wouldn't be surprised who won. I hope Bron does, so that city can finally get that title, and ? for about 20 years.
  • S2J
    Options
    NCswag wrote: »
    LeBron talking ? to curry when the game is clearly over lol, that ? ? wants that label I see

As opposed to talking ? . ..when? I need to understand the emotional vitriol black folk (im assuming) have for Bron. I get it with white people but ...??
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Lol. My dude.

Your obseesed with this ? and his family.

you still seeing this all wrong....

fairweather fans, media and thrill seeking attention grabbers are...

i have been saying the same ? ...he dont deserve all this praise...
    how am i obsessed when i am stating the obvious

now tell me he deserves it....after what you have seen in the playoffs.

an like i said before....is it him or is it the team....

i always stood by that....dont ? on the team for this dude cause he aint like that

but yall keep missing that point
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    NCswag wrote: »

As opposed to talking ? . ..when? I need to understand the emotional vitriol black folk (im assuming) have for Bron. I get it with white people but ...??

Uhhh...maybe when the game starts? Maybe in the 3rd quarter? Take the Cape off ? .
This discussion has been closed.