Stephon Marbury Calls Out Jordan: "You're Paying $200 for Jordans and They Make Them for $5"

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i agree with Marbury

i remember he had an outside the lines report on espn at the height of these shoes and he had a bunch of single mothers and fathers thanking him for sneakers they could afford for their kids

his ONLY issue is that his shoe in fact, looks like a sub $20 shoe. The trip part about it is, most of the J's past what...the teens or maybe 20 (i aint no jordan head like that so excuse me) are ? UGLY and dudes STILL pay over $100 bucks for them just because of the branding

i bet if he had a better design, people would flock to his shoe, but then it turns into a supply and demand issue
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody makes people buy J's or LeBron's, so that's on them. They're all overrated if you're on the team at least. Hell, the ? beasting on the court is more than likely busting ass in some regular shoes that cost $40 anyway. Hell, I ain't never paid more than $90 for a pair, and that's only because I wear a 15 and I can't just buy shoes like that. I remember trying to buy some Starbury's when they first came out, and the store only had up to like a size 12 smh.

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    i agree with Marbury

i remember he had an outside the lines report on espn at the height of these shoes and he had a bunch of single mothers and fathers thanking him for sneakers they could afford for their kids

his ONLY issue is that his shoe in fact, looks like a sub $20 shoe. The trip part about it is, most of the J's past what...the teens or maybe 20 (i aint no jordan head like that so excuse me) are ? UGLY and dudes STILL pay over $100 bucks for them just because of the branding

i bet if he had a better design, people would flock to his shoe, but then it turns into a supply and demand issue

design wont help either.....to even start to "compete" with brand jordan he would need a couple decades of rappers, athletes, celebrities, etc. worshiping him

the day Drizzy comes tip toeing down the red carpet in his Starburys is the day this man has a case

? aint happening

SN: I hate this ? and still got "Come fly with Me" on VHS at the crib....? is a culture
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, he went in. I gotta cosign him 100% and cosign the fact that the Jordans past 14 are hella ugly.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This aint new... they been over charging for sneakers before Jordans
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shoutout to Starbury. His shoes were cheap for urban children, and I appreciate that. With that said, Jordan probably doesn't price the shoes.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I bought a pair. They were good shoes.

But I had better hooping shoes.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stephen Marbury is an idiot... And possibly a hater
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who he sympathize with more the chinese or his brethren?

The Chinese are his brethren now though...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good for him. But u cant change ppl. 90% of society are mindless followers.

I stopped buyin Jordans years ago.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    First off.

• Jordans don't cost 5$s to make ... lol ... Only Murbarys do

• They might be made at similar factories but they aren't developed at the same factory.
    A lot of the R&D happens on the development side and then its transferred to a factory that will actually produce the shoe. That factory will receive all the materials/ components / outsole midsole to manufacture.

• Not sure what Jordan is suppose to do about ? 's killing each other over them. ? 's gonna ? .

• They're some 90$,100$ Jordans out their but the people who ? about high price jordans never bring that up

• Jordans are a premium brand at the end of the day. Call me when they make a 15,000$ Porsche

• I personally think Jordan could do more for the hood, but I think it shouldn't be correlated with Brand Jordan.
    It should be an outside Jordan initiative imo that way it won't seem like its mainly a profit motive.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off.

• They might be made at similar factories but they aren't developed at the same factory.
    A lot of the R&D happens on the development side and then its transferred to a factory that will actually produce the shoe. That factory will receive all the materials/ components / outsole midsole to manufacture.

Not sure what Jordan is suppose to do about ? 's killing each other over them. ? 's gonna ? .

• They're some 90$,100$ Jordans out their but the people who ? about high price jordans never bring that up

• Jordans are a premium brand at the end of the day. Call me when they make a 15,000$ Porsche

• I personally think Jordan could do more for the hood, but I think it shouldn't be correlated with Brand Jordan.
    It should be an outside Jordan initiative imo that way it won't seem like its mainly a profit motive.

You serious?
    When have you ever heard MJ even publicly speak on this matter?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

They can change, they just need teaching.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

They can change, they just need teaching.

We need more optimists in society
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    People are name/symbol ? . Most really could care less what they look like.... They just want to show up with them on like hundreds of other dudes in their area
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I don't think Jordan set the price
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off.

Not sure what Jordan is suppose to do about ? 's killing each other over them. ? 's gonna ? .

You serious?
    When have you ever heard MJ even publicly speak on this matter?

Yes.. and never.

perhaps he can issue some sort of elegant statement to the press. Show a little compassion. Thats what you're looking for, right? What will that solve? probably not much.

Reference my final bullet point for my true answer and opinion on this matter.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Porsche got performance and luxury. What does Jordan shoes got compared to other shoes exactly?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get what he's saying, but yeah, it's stupid to go at Jordan for this. Jordan has just mastered a game that America thrives on. It ain't no different than going to the grocery store spending two extra dollars on Advil when the cheaper generic brand is the same exact thing.