Stephon Marbury Calls Out Jordan: "You're Paying $200 for Jordans and They Make Them for $5"

Options
1235»

Comments

• yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got the iq of a doughnut

You got the bank account balance of that same doughnut
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guns & Butter baby
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't buy Jordans because I think they cost too much but I don't ? on the next person if they want to buy them. I applaud Marbury for trying to bring affordable shoes to people in need of them. I mean he has to make sure those shoes are good though. Can't be selling shoes that fall apart easily and ? . People always want to get at Jordan for his prices but be letting other ? slide. Look at buying suits. You have Jos A. Bank which are pretty affordable, then you have Brooks Brothers and Armani which costs like a thousand per suit and ? . You know the materials in those suits didn't cost nearly that much. Once you slap a certain name on some ? the price jumps. Steve Harvey has a couple decent suits but ? don't like them because they're Steve Harvey suits lol. I'll say this, these times are the best to get your hands on affordable quality ? . I remember growing up in the 80's and 90's when everything was high as ? . Man these days you can go to Ross or somewhere like that and get a nice outfit with shoes for around 60 bucks. I can go to the Nike store and get a good pair of shoes for 30 or lower, you just have to know when to go. Do your thing Marbury but you don't have to ? on Jordan to do it.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    You ? say U wont buy Jordans cuz they 'cost too much' but aint none of y'all shopping at PAYLESS for kicks so basically what you're saying is I don't buy Js cuz I cant afford them...
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? say U wont buy Jordans cuz they 'cost too much' but aint none of y'all shopping at PAYLESS for kicks so basically what you're saying is I don't buy Js cuz I cant afford them...

Thats a high school comment. Its not that people who feel Jordan's are expensive can't afford them, its how they value them and what they're willing to spend. I rather spend $250 towards a vacation then spend on some Jordan's.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »

Thats a high school comment. Its not that people who feel Jordan's are expensive can't afford them, its how they value them and what they're willing to spend. I rather spend $250 towards a vacation then spend on some Jordan's.

So what kinda shoes you gon wear on that vacation?

And where the ? you goin for $250? Guess my 'high school' comment just showed the real 'broke ? ' in you
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I buy Jordans but ima sneakerhead...probably buy 4 pair a year...

Don't give a ? what Starbury got to say I gotta have them 72 - 10 11's
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And where the ? you goin for $250? Guess my 'high school' comment just showed the real 'broke ? ' in you

Lol@this dude, What type of shoes I wear when i'm vacation? Something comfortable and something casual to go out in at night. Yes you actually could spend $250 on a vacation to a nice city, depending on where it is, even though I spend more that.

I mean you wouldn't know about that because you're spending most of your money on shoes, I guess you can say you're better than the people you ride the bus with cause you got the latest pair of Jordans.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

Lol@this dude, What type of shoes I wear when i'm vacation? Something comfortable and something casual to go out in at night. Yes you actually could spend $250 on a vacation to a nice city, depending on where it is, even though I spend more that.

I mean you wouldn't know about that because you're spending most of your money on shoes, I guess you can say you're better than the people you ride the bus with cause you got the latest pair of Jordans.

Exactly. Thanks for telling me about myself. Can't remember the last time I spent $250 to go on vacation. LMFAO
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Lol! I don't buy Jordans because I don't want to buy them! You can buy 5 to 10 pair of good shoes for the same price as one pair of Jordans. Lol at people who feel like you either buying Jordans or Payless shoes. I went to the Nike store today and bought a pair of Lebrons for 42 dollars. I'm sure they're old but still. You're paying 150 or better for Jordans while I can take that same money and get 2 good pair of shoes and a couple outfits!

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh, the ? you responding to is the definition of a ? . He been making ? azz incoherent posts in here. ? ain't made one good point yet
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, the price is what makes them exclusive. It appeals to humans need to feel special or unique. Who would buy 10 dollar jordans? Nobody.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just bought the 14s

So y'all can kiss my ass
  • yellowtapesport
    Options

Bruh, the ? you responding to is the definition of a ? . He been making ? azz incoherent posts in here. ? ain't made one good point yet

? ur shoes prob need a V8
    To keep they diet straight lol
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't Jordan have a successful sneaker line? Why can't he sell them for $250? I absolutely agree his business model.

People have to stop being victims in any aspect of life. My parents NEVER bought us Jordans. They were always too expensive. End of story. If you can't afford them, don't buy them. Understand that they are just shoes... Meaning? You don't need them.

Dudes killing for them. Y'all really blaming Jordan for that?
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ur shoes prob need a V8
    To keep they diet straight lol
    Lame smh

You ? need father figures in your lives. Aslong as kids remain fatherless, we gon have dumb azz kids running round brainless like yellowtapesport
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MJ probably make more in one minute than all those Asian kids do in them factories in a year.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not so much about what you buy, it's what you don't buy. I know grown men with a closet full of Nikes and Jordans in their mama's basement; homies, who buy sacs everyday, but won't buy Kendrick's album because music is "too expensive." I remember I spent a week hanging with my one friend who was going out to the bars and lounges all week, then he got evicted the next week. It's about priorities.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian B. wrote: »
    ftw

5474003_w.jpg

Ugly as ?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, the price is what makes them exclusive. It appeals to humans need to feel special or unique. Who would buy 10 dollar jordans? Nobody.

Everybody and they momma got the same pair of Js when they come out. Unique is not the word i would use. I do spend money on sneakers, but not Jordans. I'm actually trying to be exclusive. There are high end shoes with cost much more if you want to feel special though.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    ftw

5474003_w.jpg

Here you go. You'll do better in these.

11325279_740193242758003_286305806_n.jpg
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    ftw

5474003_w.jpg

All the 574s you can pull and those the pair you pick?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only a few good businessmen in here smh...

Only broke ? complain about ? they want costing too much. If you want it...do what it takes to get it.

OR, buy them WACK ASS Starbury's LMFAO
    The whole "but he gettin money while you ? broke" argument exposes your inner ? . They're are ppl of other races, white, hispanic & asian that are wealthy & are STILL heavily invested in their respective communities. But for some particular reason, ignorant azz negroids like you, cosign rich black celebs turning their back on their own smh. I wish you ? would magically just disappear from planet earth sometimes

So I guess you're helping your community by typing this ? right?

IF, notice the CAPITAL IF, I was broke and wanted some J's...I'm not gonna complain about how much they cost. I'm gonna do what it takes to get them J's. That goes for car, house, shirt, boxers, ? even advanced degrees.

I'm gonna assume you a grown man so how can you feel like one when you still expect a handout from another grown man?? Most celebs have a craft that they perfected (w/out U) to make money and you still think they owe your broke ass anything? Not cosigning...just not sitting with my hand out.
    Youz a dumb azz ? . Not just internet dumb, but like ignorant set my ppl back in real life dumb. First off, we already know ur ignorant ? talking points like "aint no handouts", "I'm gettin $$$ & y'all ? broke". Stupid ? look like the real life Riley Freeman smh

Secondly, black folks ain't asking MJ for no ? handouts ? . The black community MADE MJ into the icon he is. The LEAST thing he can do is release a statement saying he doesn't want any violence connected to his brand. A STATEMENT. You so focused on bragging on money you prolly don't have, you didn't even read my post. We don't want MJ's money

Third, youz a ? ? . Just because some of us are aware of the pitfalls our ppl face don't make someone broke. ? like you are why black folks can't move forward. You're poorly educated, with no sense of self.

GOAT post.