The 2017 MLB Thread

Options

Comments

• time_is_mon3y
    time_is_mon3y Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    Options
    the Yankees rotation isn't good enough to win the WS. Although one game away from the whole fall classic. 

Houston: Kuchel/Verlander/McCullers
    Cleveland: Kluber/Carrasco/Bauer 
    Boston: Sale/Porcello/Pomeranz (Price misses time w/ DL stints and also sucks in the post-season). 

That's just the AL side. 
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bro who is you
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AL going to be lit
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

dombrowski needs to counter with abreu

the yankees are making a fool of him!!!
  • ckfree
    Options
    im a big fan of what the white sox are doing but they deserve to be crucified if they arent big players in free agency next year -- there is no excuse -- they will have a small payroll and many of the big dogs have severe salary cap ramifications -- a team like KC will have 5 draft picks in june prior the white sox using their second selection

the white sox dont benefit from any of the perks that small market teams do (additional draft choices, international pool) so its imperative -- white sox are classified as a big market club in the new CBA -- next off season they should start operating as one of those clubs or none of this will matter -- i know what team i root for and i will believe it when i see it but white sox should be mentioned in conjunction with machado and harper next offseason -- other than team history theres really no excuse

thats why i feel sorry for marlin fans today

they got fleeced into helping with a stadium and now have to continue paying for it while looking at a AAA team

teams like the astros and cubs have shown you can strip it all away and win a championship but you have to be willing to spend when the time comes and thats always a question with the marlins
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Red Sox are “very interested” in White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu, according to Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe, which runs contrary to previous reports. The Cardinals are also after Abreu, Cafardo adds, which isn’t surprising for a team that just lost out on Giancarlo Stanton and continues to seek a power bat. Abreu, who will turn 31 in January, slashed .304/.354/.552 with 33 home runs in 675 plate appearances last season. He comes with two years of arbitration eligibility and will earn a lofty sum – a projected $17.9MM – in 2018. The White Sox want “top prospects” for Abreu, per Cafardo.

read the red sox interested in schwarber too :)
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

man if this turns into 5 year 75-85 mil territory let him go elsewhere ? that
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cubs just signed Brandon Morrow
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs just signed Brandon Morrow

That's a good pick up for yall.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
  • ckfree
    Options
    in jeter defense

if they just had to unload stantons contract and he was only willing to go to four teams they didnt have much leverage and it was really more like two teams because i never read anything about the cubs or astros having serious interest in stanton

so then its the dodgers and yankees

and maybe the dodgers werent as interested when it became clear he wasnt going to SF

thus the yankees get the reigning n.l mvp for next to nothing
  • ckfree
    Options
    really nice deal for morrow

a little worried about his usage last year and injury history but cant really complain about a 2 year deal with an option

former rockies GM on chatwood
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    in jeter defense

if they just had to unload stantons contract and he was only willing to go to four teams they didnt have much leverage and it was really more like two teams because i never read anything about the cubs or astros having serious interest in stanton

and maybe the dodgers werent as interested when it became clear he wasnt going to SF

Dodgers in debt and in the luxury tax( the kick in hard body in 2018). They wanted the marlins to take back more contracts(kazmir,mccarthy and/or gonzalez)

marlins didn't want too.
  • ckfree
    Options
    in jeter defense

Dodgers in debt and in the luxury tax( the kick in hard body in 2018). They wanted the marlins to take back more contracts(kazmir,mccarthy and/or gonzalez)

marlins didn't want too.

exactly

its not like jeter took back ellsbury

its a fun narrative to run with thats hes the yankees version of kevin mchale but what else what he suppose to do

jeter making it a bigger deal than it has to be by not showing up to the winter meetings
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

a little worried about his usage last year and injury history but cant really complain about a 2 year deal with an option

I was tellin a co worker literally this morning this signing is underrated and could end up being a gem where chatwood over achieves like arrieta did(not cy young candidate but become a good pitcher)

Add the fact the cubs defense can boost his stats this is a great deal(as long as his stays healthy)imo
  • ckfree
    Options

I was tellin a co worker literally this morning this signing is underrated and could end up being a gem where chatwood over achieves like arrieta did(not cy young candidate but become a good pitcher)

Add the fact the cubs defense can boost his stats this is a great deal(as long as his stays healthy)imo

lester
    hendricks
    cobb
    quintana
    chatwood

that rotation isnt scary but could be very good and eat up innings

all 5 starters will be signed through 2020

time for their top 5 pitching prospects to develop
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I wished the media would stop the "Mantle & Maris" ? . They aren't going to be disappointed when that's not the case, they are going to be unloading a barrage of negative press the players dont deserve nor is any fault of their own. And certainly the media won't hold themselves accountable for the comparisons
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Stanton was throwing shots at the marlins in that pc.

and he said besides aroid he's not familiar wit the yankees history of acquiring big names da ?

Yankees need to package up some of those prospects(astros too) and get a starter(cole,duffy,archer) they both need starting pitching
  • ckfree
    Options
    I wished the media would stop the "Mantle & Maris" ? . They aren't going to be disappointed when that's not the case, they are going to be unloading a barrage of negative press the players dont deserve nor is any fault of their own. And certainly the media won't hold themselves accountable for the comparisons

media going wild for stanton now until judge and stanton are both on a strikeout streak at the same time

the long ball is fun but its just like the 3pt shot in the nba

you will live and die by it depending on the night if its your main/only offense

its going to be interesting to see what boone will do with that lineup though

sanchez was dog food hitting 2nd last year but was great hitting 3rd
  • ckfree
    Options
    Stanton was throwing shots at the marlins in that pc.

and he said besides aroid he's not familiar wit the yankees history of acquiring big names da ?

Yankees need to package up some of those prospects(astros too) and get a starter(cole,duffy,archer) they both need starting pitching

yeah im wondering what pitcher the yankees will get with their actual good prospects

i was thinking kluber in a few years when cleveland has to reboot again and ship their guys that are gonna be free agents
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'd be cool if the cubs signed a serviceable(NOT Lackey) 5th starter and groom alzolay for that spot for mid/late '18

trade for herrera from the royals,sign reed. Hope schwarber bounces back and davis works his magic wit the hitters

Then next winter eat 20 mil of heywards contract(it would be 5 years 84 left if they eat 20 mil) and trade heyward(phillies,braves) Go all in for harper