Steph Curry Vs CP3 Vs Russell Westbrook

Options

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    im barely ready to give westbrook the number 3 spot over john wall.

gotta give curry the edge over cp3 now tho.

? outta here

he put up crazy numbers and couldnt make the playoffs with more talent than durant took that team to the playoffs with the year b4. he was also wildly inefficient. but u can let boxscores impress u if u want. he is a great player tho.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    C/s most of the above... But he is absolutely ? on John Wall.

Not close. Clearly a Top 2 PG
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    DaBull wrote: »

if this is the case might as well keep the crown on cp3, we know he likely to avg 10 assists by years end and have less to's than both of em.

and less playoff wins assuming each has a fully healthy team

you love cp3 but it's over. 2 all NBA big men last year and still failing should have convinced you.

deandre jordan aint ? w/o cp3 and u know this. cut the agenda for once lol

call it what you what ....30 media members voted him All NBA Center. so they the only team in the league to have 3 on the All NBA team . just facts bro.

and still lost in 2nd round .

give Russ or Steph that kind of help!!!!
    case closed .
    join the movement @Peezy_Jenkins

I invite you to see the light LOL

give russ or steph what kinda help? what russ need with dj when he has a center who can actually score and kd? what steph need with dj when he has a center who isnt overrated on defense and another sniper right beside him lol. people wanted dj to be an allstar and he made all nba, good for him but he isnt actually that good n ? overrated him all season.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry

? outta here

he put up crazy numbers and couldnt make the playoffs with more talent than durant took that team to the playoffs with the year b4. he was also wildly inefficient. but u can let boxscores impress u if u want. he is a great player tho.

false , the year before , KD had a healthy Ibaka.
    Russ dragged a crew that had Ibaka out for last 25 games and KD out for 50 games. hell, even Russ missed the first 15 games early in season. it's a fact they were on a 50 game winning pace once he returned.

and DJ was 3rd in DPOY voting so don't see how he overrated ...you just wanna diminish him last year to help the CP3 case. in the 2014 playoffs ...Russ outplayed Chris Paul head up in round 2......facts only !!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    Steph Curry

? outta here

false , the year before , KD had a healthy Ibaka.
    Russ dragged a crew that had Ibaka out for last 25 games and KD out for 50 games. hell, even Russ missed the first 15 games early in season. it's a fact they were on a 50 game winning pace once he returned.

and DJ was 3rd in DPOY voting so don't see how he overrated ...you just wanna diminish him last year to help the CP3 case. in the 2014 playoffs ...Russ outplayed Chris Paul head up in round 2......facts only !!

mike conley once outplayed cp3 too, is he better? lol

dj gets blocks but hes not a GREAT defender like u talm bout

yes they missed ibaka, but after that trade okc made, the team westbrook had was a bit deeper than kd, ibaka, and some ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The best pg in the league is Chris Emmanuel Paul

Clippers score less ppg,shoot lower fg%,fewer points per 100 poss and less assists when paul is out.Their offense stagnates and they look like bumbling buffoons without the point Gawd to guide them they would struggle to be an 8 seed without paul.Paul Always guards the opposite pg and is a great defender(use to be elite but he fell off a little)

Russ my mans 100 grand but he's oc wit it and makes bad decisions he's hands down the best all around pg(paul 2nd)

Curry is a sg who plays the pg position he has mad to's,rarely guards his opponent(klay does) and curry cannot run halfcourt sets like paul does.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook

Clippers score less ppg,shoot lower fg%,fewer points per 100 poss and less assists when paul is out.Their offense stagnates and they look like bumbling buffoons without the point Gawd to guide them they would struggle to be an 8 seed without paul.Paul Always guards the opposite pg and is a great defender(use to be elite but he fell off a little)

Russ my mans 100 grand but he's oc wit it and makes bad decisions he's hands down the best all around pg(paul 2nd)

Curry is a sg who plays the pg position he has mad to's,rarely guards his opponent(klay does) and curry cannot run halfcourt sets like paul does.

I see nobody disagrees
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options

"Mad TOs"?

Last I checked, Russ turns the ball over 60% more than Curry does (5.6/game) ...

And curry is just 1 TO/ game behind Paul...

Is that one TO really worth That much?

Seems to me, Curry runs the offense just fine.

How many losses do the Dubs have this season?
    Pt differential at 15+ PPG...

How much better does the offense need to run?

The knocks on Curry for his defense are overstated. He'll never be first team but I see him guarding his position all the time ... and he is at the top of the league in steals.

Y'all act like Paul is a lockdown defender. Curry and other PGs have gotten theirs against CP3 this season.

So how much value is that perceived defensive prowess really worth?

The game has changed.

You are using old standards for defining a "True Point Gaurd" to discuss these players.

Curry is an efficient and prolific scorer, he has "run his team's offense" to the tune of a 20-0 start, and he is an above average defender.

He is the best player in the league and he just happens to play the point guard position.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta agree that Curry is better

Westbrook a monster but he still too outta control wit and forces ? too much plus he turns it over way too much
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta agree that Curry is better

Westbrook a monster but he still too outta control wit and forces ? too much plus he turns it over way too much
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

"Mad TOs"?

Last I checked, Russ turns the ball over 60% more than Curry does (5.6/game) ...

And curry is just 1 TO/ game behind Paul...

Is that one TO really worth That much?

How many losses do the Dubs have this season?
    Pt differential at 15+ PPG...

How much better does the offense need to run?

The knocks on Curry for his defense are overstated. He'll never be first team but I see him guarding his position all the time ... and he is at the top of the league in steals.

Y'all act like Paul is a lockdown defender. Curry and other PGs have gotten theirs against CP3 this season.

So how much value is that perceived defensive prowess really worth?

The game has changed.

You are using old standards for defining a "True Point Gaurd" to discuss these players.

Curry is an efficient and prolific scorer, he has "run his team's offense" to the tune of a 20-0 start, and he is an above average defender.

He is the best player in the league and he just happens to play the point guard position.

This post is terrible.Draymond Green averages more assists than curry he creates in that offense more than curry does you sound like somebody who doesn't watch the warriors play and just looks up stats.

There is no such thing as a lockdown defender at the pg position.Teams run too many screens for a pg to be locked down.Paul is a better one on one defender than Both

The simple fact you're using the trash "he's top of the league in steals" argument to big up currys defense shows your bball knowledge is suspect,that is the worst way to determine a good defender(word to rondo and monta ellis) and curry averages one more turnover a game than chris paul yet in TOTAL to's curry has 75 while chris paul has 38(paul has missed games wit injuries but he still wouldn't be close to steph he's had one of the best ast to to ratios Ever).I already acknowledged russ is oc wit the rock.Turnovers in the nba lead to points and curry and russ are at the top of the league at turning the rock over.I'm using the definition of a pg to dictate who is the best at playing that position.Chris Paul is better at running a team/halfcourt offense,setting up scoring opportunities for teammates and defending + he can drop 25-35 on either of these dudes

Step your post game up duke your points were awful
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So you are saying CP's TO/ game stat is not valid... Because you don't agree with it?

How convenient...

You knocked both Westbrook and Curry for turnovers, yet you put Westbrook as "hands down the best overall PG".

Why did you put him above Curry when he has many more TOs - which you place such an enormous value on?

So Draymond Green runs the Warriors offense, huh ... He's their PG?

And Assists per game are the only way to determine a player's ability to set up teammates/run the offense?

If other players can create, why not let them create?

Maybe winning is more important than stats?

So you agree there is no such thing as a lockdown PG defender? Good

Of course Paul is a better defender than Curry

So what?...

Curry does not hurt his team on defense.
    If the PG position is loaded, what does slightly better defense afford you if you're not locking up anyone anyway?

Now, what about the other side of the ball?

Are you going to sit here and tell me that Paul is a better scorer than Curry is?

Id love to hear that argument

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    You definitely don't watch games and you said nothing worth replying too.I'm just gonna post some more facts and leave this wack thread
    Most Prolific Assister-Scorer Duos, 2014-15 Regular Season

Chris Paul to Blake Griffin: 527 points
    Chris Paul to J.J. Redick: 524 points
    Stephen Curry to Klay Thompson: 426 points
    Last season 45 percent of Griffins field goals came off assists by Paul. In other words, almost half of Griffin’s buckets are directly downstream from Paul’s passes.

Clippers offense since chris paul arrived 4th,4th,1st,1st and 5th before that they were 22nd

Look at all the attention paul draws and how he sets up redick for a wide open 3.Paul also has the best mid range jumper in the league.Curry is on fire and playing great he's not a better pg than chris paul
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    My point about the turnovers went over your head so I'll explain that part

Chris paul has played in 15 games this year and has 38 to's.Curry has played in 21 games and has 75 to's

That is a difference of 37 turnovers.If paul played in those 6 games he would have to average 6.1 turnovers a game to be equal to curry.Curry has 7 games with 5 or more to's this year.Paul has 2 he protects the ball better which leads to less transition points for the opposition and more possessions for your team.You're clearly one of those caught in the moment dickriders
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lol, just because I'm not obsessed with stats or obsessed with Chris Paul, doesent mean I don't watch the games...

Your post tells me a few things:
    • Chris Paul gets a lot of assists
    • Chris Paul's teammates depend on him to score

In all those years, what have all those impressive stats gotten Chris Paul?

Certainly not a birth in the Conference Finals, huh?

Clips have loads of talent on their team...
    Weapons everywhere ...

and Paul is the "best PG" to maximize all that talent right? ...

What's the Clippers record so far this year?

I'll wait...

And LOL at "caught in the moment" ...
    Like last years title didn't happen, like the Dubs aren't 20-0, like he didn't win MVP, like he isn't the leading scorer in the league.

What's wrong with calling a great player a great player?

Steph Curry is the best player on the best team and playing at an MVP level ...

He's the Leading scorer in the league while playing less than 3 quarters a game ...

His team hasn't lost a ? game, and it's December

He just happens to be a Point Gaurd ...

Keep your stats... that's all I need to see

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The warriors have a better team than the clippers tell me somethin I don't know.Chris Paul won a playoff series vs Curry when they faced each other tho

Lol @ comparing the defending champs to a clippers team with like 6 new players and chris paul missing 5 games and counting.Funny how you want to dismiss stats now when you were dickriding lebrons stats during the finals like some groupie.You can't make a point to save your life all you do is ask a million questions like this is 60 minutes.I made my points and used facts to show why chris paul is a better PG than curry if you don't agree cool but You can't refute anything I posted you keep moving the goalpost
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My point about the turnovers went over your head so I'll explain that part

Chris paul has played in 15 games this year and has 38 to's.Curry has played in 21 games and has 75 to's

That is a difference of 37 turnovers.If paul played in those 6 games he would have to average 6.1 turnovers a game to be equal to curry.Curry has 7 games with 5 or more to's this year.Paul has 2 he protects the ball better which leads to less transition points for the opposition and more possessions for your team.You're clearly one of those caught in the moment dickriders

Curry has won a MVP, Title and his team is undefeated in December, how long will he have to ball for it not to be considered "caught in the moment" LOL... Curry>>>>>Paul foh ?
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    "Caught in the moment" ... Give me a break

Paul beat Curry in a series that went 7 games, at a time when he was BETTER than Curry. If you hadn't noticed the kid's gotten better since then.
    What does that have to do with today?

Yeah I praised Lebron's stats cuz he averaged damn near a triple double in the Finals, and carried a team that shouldn't even have been in the same gym as the Warriors ... Come on, man.

And I don't dismiss stats... I just know they are only part of the story. I don't exalt a players stats and ignore Winning or the eye test.

BTW, Curry and his teams stats are pretty damn good too... In many cases historic

YOU dismissed steals earlier. Guess what? A lot of players pump up their assist numbers and don't have all that positive an impact on the game ... Rondo anyone?

You are using marginal stats differentials on TOs and Asissts to make the case the Chris Paul is a better PG than Curry, while dismissing the fact that these statistical feats have not translated into winning.

If he is such a GREAT PG, why haven't they gotten to the conference Finals????
    And don't tell me the Cliippers haven't had talent, bruh...

• blu197
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stats from this season:
    Curry) 32ppg/6ast/5reb/2.4stl 52%FG
    Paul) 17ppg/8ast/3reb/1.7stl 46%FG

? really tryin to say 2 extra ast and 1 and a half less TOs CP3 gives a team is more valuable than what Steph gives you LMAO
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Paul is more important to his team is a better pg and player.Curry has a better team and is a better shooter/scorer

End of story
  • blu197
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Paul is more important to his team is a better pg and player.Curry has a better team and is a better shooter/scorer

End of story

More important in what sense?

Take CP3 off the Clips and they would still make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round which is exactly their ceiling with CP3, take Curry off GS and they go from Conference favorites to first round exit...
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited December 2015
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Stats from this season:

? really tryin to say 2 extra ast and 1 and a half less TOs CP3 gives a team is more valuable than what Steph gives you LMAO

Head to Head this season

Chris Paul 29.5 ppg 8.5 apg 59% fg 50% 3's

Steph Curry 35 ppg 4 apg 49%fg 52% 3's

Paul scoring equally and dishin more.Curry can't guard paul that's why klay thompson stay guarding him pg who don't even guard his opponent

Facts only productions over here.Paul is better
  • blu197
    Options
    Stats from this season:

Head to Head this season

Paul scoring equally and dishin more.Curry can't guard paul that's why klay thompson stay guarding him pg who don't even guard his opponent

Almost a 6pt differential isn't "scoring equally".. Curry can't guard Paul but obviously Paul can't guard Curry also, the numbers show it and we've all seen the gifs and memes of CP3 gettin bodied by Steph so your defensive argument is a wash...

Again a few more ast that in the end only translates to Ls doesn't mean anything to me.. You one of the main ? that bash Rondo now all the sudden Ast is the end all be all lol
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stats from this season:

Head to Head this season

This ? really believes what he's saying lol. I'll never understand why somebody thinks there is only one way to skin a cat. Steph Curry the best player in the world right now, but he's not the best point guard lol, ok guy.
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lol @ making your case by cherry-picking their one head to head game so far this season where Paul was amped up to prove something and make a statement ...

Like the rest of the season stats don't count

Curry had a poor game by his standards- horrible first half ...

And the Dubbs STILL WON the game in LA...

And Curry still hung 35 on Paul at 50% shooting.

HILARIOUS