• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    blu197 wrote: »
    Stats from this season:
    Curry) 32ppg/6ast/5reb/2.4stl 52%FG
    Paul) 17ppg/8ast/3reb/1.7stl 46%FG

? really tryin to say 2 extra ast and 1 and a half less TOs CP3 gives a team is more valuable than what Steph gives you LMAO

Head to Head this season

Chris Paul 29.5 ppg 8.5 apg 59% fg 50% 3's

Steph Curry 35 ppg 4 apg 49%fg 52% 3's

Paul scoring equally and dishin more.Curry can't guard paul that's why klay thompson stay guarding him pg who don't even guard his opponent

Facts only productions over here.Paul is better

Fill will dismiss this in this video game basketball era. Curry never guards the other of unless it's a lower tier guy. He gets cooked and they be scared he will get fouls called so they always put him on the player spotting up in the corner
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Paul is more important to his team is a better pg and player.Curry has a better team and is a better shooter/scorer

End of story

More important in what sense?

Take CP3 off the Clips and they would still make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round which is exactly their ceiling with CP3, take Curry off GS and they go from Conference favorites to first round exit...

So you think the clips are better than GS
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Stats from this season:

? really tryin to say 2 extra ast and 1 and a half less TOs CP3 gives a team is more valuable than what Steph gives you LMAO

Head to Head this season

Paul scoring equally and dishin more.Curry can't guard paul that's why klay thompson stay guarding him pg who don't even guard his opponent

Fill will dismiss this in this video game basketball era. Curry never guards the other of unless it's a lower tier guy. He gets cooked and they be scared he will get fouls called so they always put him on the player spotting up in the corner

Word.But he's the best player in the nba according to these caught in the moment groupies who don't actually watch games, t/s already exposed himself that's why I stopped replying to his trash posts

Meanwhile chris paul has to deal with kawhi leonard or green,wes matthews,tony allen and klay thompson etc guarding him while guarding the pg all game he always has the other teams best perimeter defender guarding him.No wes matthews last year to guard paul and he dropped 41 on lillard & dished 17 assists
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stats from this season:

Head to Head this season

... Curry never guards the other of unless it's a lower tier guy. He gets cooked and they be scared he will get fouls called so they always put him on the player spotting up in the corner

Overstated Propaganda ...

I watch the games so I don't need BasketballReference.com to tell me Curry is an above average Defender.

But y'all love stats, so here you go...

14'/15' Stats
    • Warriors: #1 Defense
    • Curry: #3 in +/- Among Guards (Paul was #8...)
    • Curry - 72 Guards were ranked by Opponent FG% and cross referenced with their distance from the basket

Curry was:
    • #9 (less than 5ft)
    • #4 (5-9 ft)
    • #46 (10-14 ft)
    • #12 (15-19 ft)
    • #21 (20-24 ft)
    • #11 (25-29 ft)

That is somewhere between very good and elite.

The League has changed
    Stat- Last I checked...The year is 2015

First of all, y'all act like its 1982 and every Team is playing straight man to man Defense ... Like you got Joe Dumars hand checking his man at 94 feet

? ...The Warriors (and most other teams) switch on nearly EVERY single ball screen.

That means a guard could end up defending any player on the court - not just his position.
    If Curry was nearly as bad as y'all claim him to be , the Warriors would not have had the best Defense in the league last year...

You can't be a "poor defender" ... AND
    • The starting Point Gaurd / 35 MPG
    • Be a part of the #1 Defensive Team
    • Have a 20+ Game Winning Streak
    • And Lead your team to an NBA Championship

How does the bolded occur if he is SUCH a liability on defense???
    Why don't teams take advantage and make the Warriors pay for leaving him on the floor?
    ... It doesent add up

Curry is among the top of the League in Steals
    Stat - 2.2 Steals/Game

As much as y'all would like to discount this stat, it takes awareness, anticipation and activity to be at the top of the league in Steals/Game.

If TOs are soooooo detrimental, how are steals (causing a TO) not valuable?
    You're telling on yourself...

The best Defensive Guards of All-Time have a high Steals/Game statistic. It is not a useless stat and it does help a team's defense.

I've actually watched dude play defense.

The more I listen to y'all, the more it sounds like you are just running with the only negative narrative out there against this guy

He is excellent at:
    • Fronting the Post
    • Battling with the Bigs
    • Stealing the entry Pass
    • And providing Help Defense
    • And on the ball, he is average

No one is a ? at every phase of the game (save for some of the greatest players in NBA history)
    Clearly, Curry is above average on Defense and certainly does not hurt his team...

And his offensive prowess is bordering on HISTORIC at this point ...

That's more than enough to to qualify him as the best player in the league ... Nevermind the best PG

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carlos ? had higher defensive ratings in 10-11 and 11-12(when the bulls had the best defense in the nba) than tony allen ever did in his career and had a higher defensive rating than marc gasol did when he won dpoy and had EQUAL defensive ratings to dwight howard when he won dpoy multiple years.These are 1st team defensive players and some of the best defenders in the league & they had lower defensive ratings than ? who is one of the worst defenders ever.Proof that advanced stats +/- etc,etc are not accurate and for geeks it gives players individual credit based off team play.Lol @ trying to make a case that curry is the a good defender based off that non sense
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I never said he was a great defender, I said he was above average.

Make the case that he is a bad defender

Explain to me why his team can't lose a game and had the #1 Defense last year...

...despite the fact that he is "such a liability on defense", plays 35 MPG, faces the opponents point of attack, and switches to gaurd up to 3 positions at any given time...
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Where was this curry love 2 yrs ago lol
  • Peace_79
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

Do you watch basketball?

He's much better than he was two years ago
  • ericb4prez
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Do you watch basketball?

Is he? Or is he and his team just on fire right now
  • Peace_79
    Options

How long does he have to be "on fire" before yall accept that he is a great player?

Steph over the last year and change...
    • MVP
    • NBA Title
    • 20+ Wins in a Row
    • 32.4 PPG
    • Most 3-pointers made in a season, All Time
    • True Shooting Percentage of 70%
    • Trending towards 50-40-90 Club, as High Volume Shooter
    • He is one of the most efficient and prolific scorers of All Time

2pt9i6q.jpg

Jeremy Lin had a hot streak... This is not that

• ericb4prez
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    How long does he have to be "on fire" before yall accept that he is a great player?

Steph over the last year and change...
    • MVP
    • NBA Title
    • 20+ Wins in a Row
    • 32.4 PPG
    • Most 3-pointers made in a season, All Time
    • True Shooting Percentage of 70%
    • Trending towards 50-40-90 Club, as High Volume Shooter
    • He is one of the most efficient and prolific scorers of All Time

2pt9i6q.jpg

Jeremy Lin had a hot streak... This is not that

Never said he wasn't a great player I just wanted to know why you all of a sudden his number 1 fan
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've only been on the site for half a year.

Im a fan of basketball.
    Right now, he's the best player in basketball

You and others have implied that he isn't that "great" - he is just having a "hot streak" right now.

Do you watch basketball?

Is he? Or is he and his team just on fire right now

That's ridiculous ...
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn shame the best point guard in the league has the most dominant front court and still can't at least make the conference finals
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Russel Westbrook
    Stats from this season:

Head to Head this season

... Curry never guards the other of unless it's a lower tier guy. He gets cooked and they be scared he will get fouls called so they always put him on the player spotting up in the corner

I watch the games so I don't need BasketballReference.com to tell me Curry is an above average Defender.

14'/15' Stats
    • Curry - 72 Guards were ranked by Opponent FG% and cross referenced with their distance from the basket

Curry was:
    • #9 (less than 5ft)
    • #4 (5-9 ft)
    • #46 (10-14 ft)
    • #12 (15-19 ft)
    • #21 (20-24 ft)
    • #11 (25-29 ft)

The League has changed

First of all, y'all act like its 1982 and every Team is playing straight man to man Defense ... Like you got Joe Dumars hand checking his man at 94 feet

? ...The Warriors (and most other teams) switch on nearly EVERY single ball screen.

That means a guard could end up defending any player on the court - not just his position.
    If Curry was nearly as bad as y'all claim him to be , the Warriors would not have had the best Defense in the league last year...

Why don't teams take advantage and make the Warriors pay for leaving him on the floor?
    ... It doesent add up

Stat - 2.2 Steals/Game

As much as y'all would like to discount this stat, it takes awareness, anticipation and activity to be at the top of the league in Steals/Game.

The best Defensive Guards of All-Time have a high Steals/Game statistic. It is not a useless stat and it does help a team's defense.

The more I listen to y'all, the more it sounds like you are just running with the only negative narrative out there against this guy

He is excellent at:
    • Fronting the Post
    • Battling with the Bigs

No one is a ? at every phase of the game (save for some of the greatest players in NBA history)
    Clearly, Curry is above average on Defense and certainly does not hurt his team...

That's more than enough to to qualify him as the best player in the league ... Nevermind the best PG

Stats from this season:

Head to Head this season

14'/15' Stats

Curry was:
    • #9 (less than 5ft)
    • #4 (5-9 ft)
    • #46 (10-14 ft)
    • #12 (15-19 ft)
    • #21 (20-24 ft)
    • #11 (25-29 ft)

The League has changed

... It doesent add up

Stat - 2.2 Steals/Game

He is excellent at:
    • Fronting the Post
    • Battling with the Bigs

dog Curry is soft and little he gets big boyed on defense and posted up. Golden St hides him or doubles every time folk take advantage of it. I watch the games. I believe my eyes. Steph competes but he aint no good defender.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    it's easily steph curry followed by westbrook.

CP3 is 30. He's still great but can't bring it every night. He's clearly taken a step back. Small guards age faster than ereryone else
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph is playing out of his mind but chill with this best player ? , no he's not
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Steph Curry
    This argument is comical, like its happening in a bubble

It almost reminds me of ---little ? gather round---when Jordan vs Drexler was a LEGIT argument. People did the same ? 'what ifs' and nitpicking to make an argument

Bruh. ..What part of 72-10, 31ppg, 50% 3s , etc dont you understand?

Its also similar to Lebron. After year 2 or 3 the logical, forward thinking mind could make some forward thinking educated guesses and come to the conclusion: bruh, he's it

Meanwhile other folk be on some 'nah, i have to,see a lil bit more' . Bc they dont really know,what to look for. Those type folk think this is a fluke. Those types didnt even concede Bron was better than CARMELO ANTHONY until recently. Yes, that happened!

So yea, folk like @aneed and others just like to be on the fringes and see some 'other' ? .

Nah bruh, in sports there's cases of just ? obvious ? barring injury :

Randy Moss was gon be a problem from day 1
    Shaq was the moat dominant big we'd ever seen
    Magic was transcendent
    Jordan
    Lebron
    Etc

You look like a ? clown to deny history as it happens
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nah, man... He's just on a "hot streak"

Jordan was on a "hot streak" for like 10 yrs, brah
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I was tellin ? before.. Steph Curry aint hot.. its what he is..

ol' he gonna cool down.. its hilarious because dude dont even have to dig deep in his arsenal/skillset

its funny how ? used stats a few years ago.. but now the stats and the eye test..show whats what and ? are holding on to yesterday
  • Peace_79
    edited December 2015
    Options
    • My Point Gaurd is Really Athletic
    • My Point Gaurd is Big and Strong
    • My Point Gaurd gets a LOT of Assists
    • My Point Gaurd "RUNS THE OFFENSE!"
    • My Point Gaurd Assists on nearly ALL of his Teams Field Goals
    • My Point Gaurd's Assist to TO ratio is really good
    • My Point Gaurd is GREAT at defense... But not enough to stop Great NBA Guards...
    • My Point Gaurd Averages 2 MORE REBOUNDS than the average Point Guard!

That's cool...

My point Guard scores 32 PPG ...
    He's the MVP,
    He just won a Title ...
    And he is 22-0
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    Instead of praising the Lord for having the LUCK TO WITNESS these extraordinary players bringing it errnight yall arguing about stats.

I understand that Curry defies the odds of NBA ( he is little, he is not powerfull, statistically he wasnt supposed to shine)

BUT BALL AND WINNS DONT LIE. ? is lighting up teams like no other does in the NBA.
    That ? is better than his NBA 2k16 Clone. That means that if you try the ? he does in reality you gon miss.

HE IS UNREAL!!! What he does is just amazingly UNREAL. The way he scores is unseen!

IN JUST 32 MNS!!!

One have to be blind to not see the obvious.

HE IS THE NBA POSTERBOY AND BEST EFFICIENT PLAYER.

All im waiting for though is to see him against the DPOY LEONARD.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    And that comes from a SPURS/PISTONS FAN
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    • My Point Gaurd is Really Athletic
    • My Point Gaurd is Big and Strong
    • My Point Gaurd gets a LOT of Assists
    • My Point Gaurd "RUNS THE OFFENSE!"
    • My Point Gaurd Assists on nearly ALL of his Teams Field Goals
    • My Point Gaurd's Assist to TO ratio is really good
    • My Point Gaurd is GREAT at defense... But not enough to stop Great NBA Guards...
    • My Point Gaurd Averages 2 MORE REBOUNDS than the average Point Guard!

That's cool...

My point Guard scores 32 PPG ...
    He's the MVP,
    He just won a Title ...
    And he is 22-0

Exactly.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph Curry
    And that comes from a SPURS/PISTONS FAN

No.