The OTTB Wrestling News thread

Options

Comments

• Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is reportedly interested in signing UFC fighter Jessamyn “The Gun” Duke.

Duke is a 28-year-old fighter out of Whitesburg, Ky., with a 3-2 record. You might know her best as one of the “Four Horsewomen,” alongside Ronda Rousey, Marina Shafir and Shayna Baszler. The plan the Observer suggests is that Duke could be signed by WWE if she loses her next UFC fight. That would be her third loss in a row, and UFC has a tendency to cut fighters who lose three-straight. WWE would snag Duke and showcase her during the relaunch of the Divas Search later this year. This all ties together with WWE’s reported desire to change how women are portrayed within the company, and the recent on-screen promos from WWE Diva Paige, who claims the Divas Division is in desperate need of a change. This is all assumption and fantasy booking, of course, but it’s an interesting idea.

Makes sense. They keep flirting with Ronda, and having one of her people who make it easier to snag her for big events.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Following his Money in the Bank win, Sheamus is in line to have a run with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship title belt sometime this year, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Originally, Sheamus was expected to capture the Money in the Bank briefcase after last year's WrestleMania ? event, however those plans were derailed when CM Punk left the company and Daniel Bryan suffered a major injury.

Sheamus will go after whichever babyface that captures the championship title from Seth Rollins.
  • aww_mane
    aww_mane Members Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Options
    A16pg2VERjL._SY679_.jpg
    DISC 1:

Documentary Feature:

Friends 4 Life
    Forming a Bond
    Strength in Numbers
    “Kliq Only”
    The Curtain Call
    Divide and Conquer
    Excess Baggage
    Resurgence

DISC 2:

Razor Ramon vs. The Kid
    RAW • May 17, 1993

Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid
    RAW • June 21, 1993

Diesel vs. Razor Ramon
    RAW • November 29, 1993

Shawn Michaels vs. 1-2-3 Kid
    RAW • December 6, 1993

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    The Quebecers vs. Razor Ramon & 1-2-3 Kid
    RAW • February 21, 1994

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels
    WrestleMania X • March 20, 1994

Intercontinental Championship Match
    Razor Ramon vs. Diesel
    Superstars • April 30, 1994

Shawn Michaels & Diesel vs. Razor Ramon & 1-2-3 Kid
    Action Zone • October 30, 1994

Survivor Series Elimination Match
    The Bad Guys (Razor Ramon, 1-2-3 Kid, British Bulldog & The Headshrinkers) vs. The Teamsters (Diesel, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Jarrett, Owen Hart & Jim Neidhart)
    Survivor Series • November 23, 1994

Razor Ramon vs. Hunter Hearst-Helmsley
    RAW • January 22, 1996

“Cry Baby” Match
    Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid
    In Your House • February 18, 1996

DISC 3:

No Holds Barred Match for the WWE Championship
    Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel
    In Your House: Good Friends, Better Enemies • April 28, 1996

Shawn Michaels vs. Hunter Hearst-Helmsley
    RAW • May 13, 1996

“MSG Curtain Call”
    Madison Square Garden • May 19, 1996

WCW Tag Team Championship Match
    The Outsiders vs. The Steiner Brothers
    WCW Nitro • January 12, 1998

Kevin Nash vs. Scott Hall
    WCW Halloween Havoc • October 25, 1998

Triple H vs. X-Pac
    Backlash • April 25, 1999

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & X-Pac vs. Hulk Hogan, The Rock & Kane
    SmackDown • March 28, 2002

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
    Judgment Day • May 18, 2003

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match
    DX (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) vs. Jeri-Show (The Big Show & Chris Jericho)
    TLC • December 13, 2009

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES:

Scott Hall & Syxx vs. Harlem Heat
    WCW Nitro • July 14, 1997

Kevin Nash vs. The Rock
    SmackDown • March 21, 2002

Sledgehammer Ladder Match
    Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
    TLC • December 18, 2011

Triple H vs. Sting
    WrestleMania XXXI • March 29, 2015
  • paidinnfull
    paidinnfull Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the Observer, there were many within WWE who thought Kevin Owens would fail. Obviously, he's done nothing but come through in the biggest way possible and there are apparently big plans to push him hard for the foreseeable future.

The reason Lana hasn't gotten the big push she was set for when she broke up with Rusev is because Rusev got hurt and it ruined what they had planned, so they're in a bit of a holding pattern right now.

The story with Paige trying to rally the Divas division against the Bella twins but getting no help is apparently a set up for the introduction of new women, likely NXT call ups
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those that care (I don't ) Vikki Guerrero just got engaged.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Bret Hart says Daniel Bryan is 100% done with wrestling. I'm mobile and my ? samsung does copy n paste horribly.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

Following his Money in the Bank win, Sheamus is in line to have a run with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship title belt sometime this year, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Originally, Sheamus was expected to capture the Money in the Bank briefcase after last year's WrestleMania ? event, however those plans were derailed when CM Punk left the company and Daniel Bryan suffered a major injury.

Sheamus will go after whichever babyface that captures the championship title from Seth Rollins.

im not against it, he's in his right role as heel, but he needs to get more "over", ko has come in and gotten more heat as a heel in a month.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »

im not against it, he's in his right role as heel, but he needs to get more "over", ko has come in and gotten more heat as a heel in a month.

True. KO has more heat then Sheamus right now but KO is not getting the WWE World Title anytime soon. I do think the title picture in WWE for the fall of 2015 will look like:

Sheamus - WWE WHC
    Ryback - IC Champion
    Kevin Owens - U.S. Champion
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE Hall of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart spoke with Sports Illustrated recently and revealed that he doesn't see Daniel Bryan ever wrestling again. Hart opened up about several other topics, including Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins. You can read the highlights below:

Daniel Bryan being done in WWE:

"Daniel Bryan is finished. He'll never wrestle again. I don't think he knows it yet. I feel terrible about Daniel Bryan. For all intents and purposes, he had the exact same thing happen to him that happened to me after Bill Goldberg kicked me in the head. One day, you learn it's over. Doctors tell you that you can't wrestle and you'll never wrestle again. I lost millions of dollars because of that. I pray that it's not the same for Daniel Bryan."

His feelings on Seth Rollins:

"Seth Rollins is one of the hardest working wrestlers I've ever seen. He's one of those rare guys in the industry today who is an innovator and a guy who creates new ideas, moves, and psychology. I know I got really excited about wrestling again after watching CM Punk and Daniel Bryan, but now neither one of those guys is around, and Seth Rollins is going to carry the company. His timing is impeccable and he does a lot of challenging, creative, complex stuff."

Roman Reigns not getting over:

"It was so manufactured that it hurt someone who was naturally getting over on his own. As soon as the company decided they were going to make him the star, people started to sour on him. Roman Reigns is a really good wrestler and he'll find his path. He turned the corner at WrestleMania when the fans accepted him on his own merit just 'cause he had a great match. But, in the creation of Roman Reigns, he seems to now be a lot like Triple H's character. Long hair, indestructible, no facials, he's always angry, and there's no softness in his eyes, so it's very hard to get sympathy. All of that was poorly thought out.

Hart also goes on to criticize WWE's creative team, as well as offering some final words for Dusty Rhodes. You can read the full Sports Illustrated interview at this link.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bret thinks the muscle buster is dangerous, has it ever injured anyone b4?
  • paidinnfull
    Options
    rumor that has been making the rounds in the WWE as of late is the future of WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler. The rumor states that Ziggler is complementing leaving the WWE when his contract expires in a few months.

Former WWE creative writer Court Bauer, who reports on backstage happenings on MLW Radio, remarked the following on Sunday’s show:

Also read: Former WWE Diva Melina Denies Claims That She Cheated On John Morrison With Dave Batista

“Dolph’s deal is up in a few months and he has indicated informally that unless he gets a big push, he may leave like Mundo (former WWE Superstar John Morrison, who is known as Johnny Mundo in Lucha Underground).”

The rumor was started by Ziggler himself in a worked-shoot promo on Twitter prior to his Extreme Rules match against Sheamus.

TNA President Dixie Carter Dixie Carter, is aware of the rumor and planning to aggressively pursue Ziggler should he leave the WWE. She is looking to acquire another high-profile wrestler from WWE in hopes it will curb some of the negative press levied toward TNA and give the company plenty of momentum at a time when they desperately need it.

Some people in WWE feel that Ziggler would be making a big mistake to leave, especially when considering the volatility that exists with TNA and their questionable status on Destination America. Nevertheless, Ziggler, who turns 35 on July 27th, is said to be very frustrated in his role and is exploring some other options.

WWE isnt gonna view Ziggler the way that he views himself so, if he leaves i wouldn't blame him. He's pretty much reached as far as they'll let him

• paidinnfull
    Options
    bret thinks the muscle buster is dangerous, has it ever injured anyone b4?

Bret mad

5cbbb-fandangobrettext_3mb.png
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    by time zigglers contract expires TNA won't even be on tv

I dont blame ziggler for wanting to leave though. he hasn't done any significant since his MITB cash in. and don't bring up last years survivor series. if reigns wasn't hurt ziggler probably wouldn't of been on the card.

he suffered a concussion shortly after his second major title win and the company seemingly been punishing him for that. I doubt they wanted him to hold the belt to begin with. he's been floating in mediocrity since
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    So supposedly sheamus was suppose to win the MITB last year but DB getting injured changed everything . So basically they been trying to push him as a top heel since WM 30
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh well if dolph wanna go let him he deserves it.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly dont understand the value of Sheamus. Why is he always gettin pushed ?

The ? puzzles me
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    I honestly dont understand the value of Sheamus. Why is he always gettin pushed ?

The ? puzzles me

He is Irish and so is McMahon.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Sami zayn gone until 2016
  • StoneColdMikey
    Options
    Fast forward to the Royal Rumble, Owens is looking like the front runner as the favorite to win and go to WrestleMania. He's dominating with 4, 5, 6 eliminations. Everyone is down around the ring with Owens standing tall.. " (Cue Zayn's music) "Oh ? ! It's Sami Zayn! He's been out for months thanks to Kevin Owens and now he's back to get his revenge!" I could see Zayn eliminating Owens, then Owens getting back in the ring, destroying Zayn and eliminating him shortly after. This could set up for a feud that ends at Mania.
  • paidinnfull
    Options
    Dolph is done,,he just sells well...boring IMO....

John Morrison >>>
  • paidinnfull
    Options
    There's no way Kane should be wrestling
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Fast forward to the Royal Rumble, Owens is looking like the front runner as the favorite to win and go to WrestleMania. He's dominating with 4, 5, 6 eliminations. Everyone is down around the ring with Owens standing tall.. " (Cue Zayn's music) "Oh ? ! It's Sami Zayn! He's been out for months thanks to Kevin Owens and now he's back to get his revenge!" I could see Zayn eliminating Owens, then Owens getting back in the ring, destroying Zayn and eliminating him shortly after. This could set up for a feud that ends at Mania.

Owens ain't winning the rumble yet, but he'll be there
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »

The ? puzzles me

Sheamus is like Kevin Nash. No drawing power